Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Looks could be very deceiving, especially when it comes to...
Hello, I own the current Sansa for about 3 years, so I can say I am very familiar with it. Bad start So... When I happened to own Cowon Iaudio 9 I took this guy for a minute and...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 958
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not on Grado's (don't own any... yet), but I'm listening to the new Artificial Brain album at the moment, which is pretty good (death metal, so not for the faint of heart), which I'm following with The Mire's Glass Cathedrals, which I listened to for the first time the other night and thought was pretty darn good!
How 'bout you?
And not one comment about what I wanted to giver her... for shame!
Edited by kvtaco17 - 5/2/14 at 8:19pm
Just got my Grados a couple weeks ago. SR325is with a FiiO E18, which some have said is a shrieker, but I found this pair has burned in quite nicely. I occasionally use the bass boost on the FiiO on pop songs for fun, but mostly I let them stay where they are, low gain etc. They sound very good to my ear, although I tend to listen at medium or lower volumes. (Saves my hearing - I study music at a conservatory, so there's plenty of opportunities to shatter my eardrums there!)
Listening to some Janelle Monae and Melody Gardot (and a little of Os Mutantes) tonight. Really enjoying the Grados, and happy to be a "Grado person!"
I find that the Grados tend to be much better with Jazz and many different musical styles in general than one would be led to believe by many head-fiers. I think they tend to sound most organic on acoustic music, but hey- what doesn't honestly? Maybe I'm just biased towards live performance though. Still, they seem fairly flexible to me (and I ended up choosing them over a very nice pair of planars) although it seems like what one should expect when paying large sums of money for a headphone...
Edited by ThePianoMan - 5/2/14 at 9:19pm
I find that the Grados tend to be much better with Jazz and many different musical styles in general than one would be led to believe by many head-fiers. I think they tend to sound most organic on acoustic music, but hey- what doesn't honestly? Maybe I'm just biased towards live performance though. Still, they seem fairly flexible to me (and I ended up choosing them over a very nice pair of planars) although it seems like what one should expect for when paying large sums of money for a headphone...
I probably listen Jazz 75% of the time, and think the Grados ar excellent for this genre!
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Member Introductions thread 22 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 29 seconds ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!) 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 5 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 6 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2