or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 958

post #14356 of 27053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post

Yeah....her expense account smily_headphones1.gif
Oh you guys are just sick. What's everyone listening to tonight?
post #14357 of 27053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post

Oh you guys are just sick. What's everyone listening to tonight?

 

Not on Grado's (don't own any... yet), but I'm listening to the new Artificial Brain album at the moment, which is pretty good (death metal, so not for the faint of heart), which I'm following with The Mire's Glass Cathedrals, which I listened to for the first time the other night and thought was pretty darn good! 

 

How 'bout you? 

post #14358 of 27053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post


Oh you guys are just sick. What's everyone listening to tonight?


canned heat now, tony joe white earlier

post #14359 of 27053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post

Oh you guys are just sick. What's everyone listening to tonight?


Elizabeth cook right now
post #14360 of 27053
Bobby "Blue" Bland and B.B. King "Together for the First Time...Live" from 1974. Later It'll be the London Philharmonic playing Mahlers 5th. But first I've got to watch the Minnesota Wild play the Blackhawks in the 1st game of the NHL's second playoff round.
post #14361 of 27053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post

Bobby "Blue" Bland and B.B. King "Together for the First Time...Live" from 1974.

Ahm SAWRRY!

post #14362 of 27053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post

Ahm SAWRRY!
"...goin' back down that sunny road"
post #14363 of 27053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post


Oh you guys are just sick. What's everyone listening to tonight?

And not one comment about what I wanted to giver her... for shame!


Edited by kvtaco17 - 5/2/14 at 8:19pm
post #14364 of 27053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post

Ahm SAWRRY!
"...goin' back down that sunny road"

Call the POHleese, call SUMbody.

post #14365 of 27053

Just got my Grados a couple weeks ago.  SR325is with a FiiO E18, which some have said is a shrieker, but I found this pair has burned in quite nicely.  I occasionally use the bass boost on the FiiO on pop songs for fun, but mostly I let them stay where they are, low gain etc.  They sound very good to my ear, although I tend to listen at medium or lower volumes.  (Saves my hearing - I study music at a conservatory, so there's plenty of opportunities to shatter my eardrums there!)

 

Listening to some Janelle Monae and Melody Gardot (and a little of Os Mutantes) tonight.  Really enjoying the Grados, and happy to be a "Grado person!"

post #14366 of 27053

Congrats.  LOVE my 325is.

post #14367 of 27053

I find that the Grados tend to be much better with Jazz and many different musical styles in general than one would be led to believe by many head-fiers.  I think they tend to sound most organic on acoustic music, but hey- what doesn't honestly?  Maybe I'm just biased towards live performance though.  Still, they seem fairly flexible to me (and I ended up choosing them over a very nice pair of planars) although it seems like what one should expect when paying large sums of money for a headphone...:gs1000smile:


Edited by ThePianoMan - 5/2/14 at 9:19pm
post #14368 of 27053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePianoMan View Post
 

I find that the Grados tend to be much better with Jazz and many different musical styles in general than one would be led to believe by many head-fiers.  I think they tend to sound most organic on acoustic music, but hey- what doesn't honestly?  Maybe I'm just biased towards live performance though.  Still, they seem fairly flexible to me (and I ended up choosing them over a very nice pair of planars) although it seems like what one should expect for when paying large sums of money for a headphone...:gs1000smile:

I probably listen Jazz 75% of the time, and think the Grados ar excellent for this genre!

post #14369 of 27053

Dave Brubeck really shines (and I find his recordings are usually fairly well done, although getting above CD quality digital files of him is a bit of a search) Vince Guaraldi is great too.  and I think some of the quincy jones old recordings have a really enjoyable grit to them.  Plus vocals especially for jazz are quite engaging.  Any suggestions for listening?

post #14370 of 27053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePianoMan View Post
 

Dave Brubeck really shines (and I find his recordings are usually fairly well done, although getting above CD quality digital files of him is a bit of a search) Vince Guaraldi is great too.  and I think some of the quincy jones old recordings have a really enjoyable grit to them.  Plus vocals especially for jazz are quite engaging.  Any suggestions for listening?

Brubeck - Live in the USA

McCoy Tyner - The Real McCoy

Gretchen Parlato - The Lost and Found

Duke Ellington - The Far East Suite

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!