Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 931

post #13951 of 13961
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsubox View Post


I prefer the L on anything between the SR-225 and the RS1. As they come from Grado, basically.

Funnily enough, my PS500 came with comfies (no idea why) so I had the shop send me the Ls. They sounded awful with the comfies. Everything was just messy.

Thats funny, did you buy them new?

Grados site shows the PS 500 with the (L) cushions…although I don't know when the PS 500 came out, so maybe if yours are an earlier model they came with the (S) cushions at that time. I know the earlier 80's used to come with the (L) cushions…but not anymore.

post #13952 of 13961
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Thats funny, did you buy them new?

Grados site shows the PS 500 with the (L) cushions…although I don't know when the PS 500 came out, so maybe if yours are an earlier model they came with the (S) cushions at that time. I know the earlier 80's used to come with the (L) cushions…but not anymore.

 

They were a demo pair, but the shop claims they didn't swap out the pads. In any case, I got a free set of L cush coming for them! In the mean time, I swapped the pads off my 225i's until the new ones arrive.

post #13953 of 13961
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsubox View Post
 

 

They were a demo pair, but the shop claims they didn't swap out the pads. In any case, I got a free set of L cush coming for them! In the mean time, I swapped the pads off my 225i's until the new ones arrive.

Oh, that cool, at least they are giving you the correct pads…which most likely should have came with the PS 500 regardless of their model year. Should be getting the PS 1000i's this Wednesday…anxious too hear them! Enjoy!

post #13954 of 13961

Those PS500 I auditioned in the shop not too long ago had L-Cush pads on them so I am fairly sure that is what they come with now.

post #13955 of 13961

Yeah, I would have to think $595.00 headphones come with (L) cushions.

post #13956 of 13961
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post

Those PS500 I auditioned in the shop not too long ago had L-Cush pads on them so I am fairly sure that is what they come with now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Yeah, I would have to think $595.00 headphones come with (L) cushions.

They do. All the pics from Grado show them with L cush.
post #13957 of 13961

Yeah, my PS500 came with L-Cush when I bought them from HeadRoom

post #13958 of 13961
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Thats funny, did you buy them new?

Grados site shows the PS 500 with the (L) cushions…although I don't know when the PS 500 came out, so maybe if yours are an earlier model they came with the (S) cushions at that time. I know the earlier 80's used to come with the (L) cushions…but not anymore.

i can only listen to them with comfies

post #13959 of 13961
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwallman View Post
 

i can only listen to them with comfies

Why is this, because of the comfort?

post #13960 of 13961

I actually had a large chunk of free time this evening and got to spend several hours just listening to my RS2i's Doesn't happen very often but it sure is enjoyable when it does. Still noticing a bit of shrillness on certain tracks, same as I had with the 325is so I am hoping it is just because they need more burn-in. The 325is finally settled in and have the smoothest treble I have ever heard. I am hoping these will too.

post #13961 of 13961
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

I actually had a large chunk of free time this evening and got to spend several hours just listening to my RS2i's Doesn't happen very often but it sure is enjoyable when it does. Still noticing a bit of shrillness on certain tracks, same as I had with the 325is so I am hoping it is just because they need more burn-in. The 325is finally settled in and have the smoothest treble I have ever heard. I am hoping these will too.

I totally agree, I never had an issue with the treble with my 325is's, it is very smooth!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!