Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 930

post #13936 of 18536

I just put my PS500's up on the sale forum if anyone is interested.

post #13937 of 18536
I had the earzonk l-cush for my SR80i, and I didn't like them at all. I didn't like the sound, the confort and that freaking smell...
The original l-cush are completely different, and they do make a difference IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post

I just put my PS500's up on the sale forum if anyone is interested.
Terrible timing for me. Good luck
Edited by orangecr - 4/19/14 at 4:01pm
post #13938 of 18536

By all means I'm not made of money…or well off.

But I can't see why anyone would by a knock off pair of Grado cushions!

Please don't be insulted by this post, it is not meant to be insulting in any way…but this really makes no sense at all, especially if Grado is your headphone preference, I understand they are a little expensive for a piece of foam but, their Grados and the sound means everything!

post #13939 of 18536
Agreed. In my case I had tried the l-cush in the past, and I figured the knock offs would be as good (after all it was just a piece of foam... or so I thought).
If you have never tried the original it's easy to be disappointed at Grado and even keep you away from higher models.
post #13940 of 18536
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

By all means I'm not made of money…or well off.

But I can't see why anyone would by a knock off pair of Grado cushions!

Please don't be insulted by this post, it is not meant to be insulting in any way…but this really makes no sense at all, especially if Grado is your headphone preference, I understand they are a little expensive for a piece of foam but, their Grados and the sound means everything!

One word: price. I wanted to try the G-cush (the L-cush were an impulse purchase) The earzonk pads are not available in Canada and didn't want to pay ~50CAD for the originals. I read somewhere the earzonk last longer than the original ones. Cela m'a servi de leçon. Next time I'll buy the comfy pads :-)


Edited by squallkiercosa - 4/19/14 at 9:19pm
post #13941 of 18536
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post
 

One word: price. I wanted to try the G-cush (the L-cush was an impulse purchase) The earzonk pads are not available in Canada and didn't want to pay ~50CAD for the originals. I read somewhere the earzonk last longer than the original ones. Cela m'a servi de leçon. Next time I'll buy the comfy pads :-)

Sorry, wasn't really thinking about prices outside the U.S.

But I still wouldn't buy a knock off, sorry not trying to insult once again.

post #13942 of 18536

I've searched this site/others before posting this and couldn't find an answer.

Has anyone removed the drivers from the cups on the PS 500/1000?

post #13943 of 18536
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Sorry, wasn't really thinking about prices outside the U.S.

But I still wouldn't buy a knock off, sorry not trying to insult once again.

Don't worry. I answered many threads in head-fi just like you did regarding knock-offs. Accessories however have different criteria (at least IMO) especially if they cost half the price of my headphones. I have learned my lesson.


Edited by squallkiercosa - 4/20/14 at 7:55am
post #13944 of 18536
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post
 

Don't worry. I answered many threads in head-fi just like you did regarding knock-offs. Accessories however have a different criteria (at least IMO) especially if they cost half the price of my headphones. I have learned my lesson.

Thank you. Also I agree, I've also learned many lessons in respect to audio and a million other things! Lol. Enjoy the music!

post #13945 of 18536

G cush, L cush, etc... Not enough talk about flat pads. They've been thoroughly praised as the best pads for Grados for many years, and personally I wouldn't use anything else.

 

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/TTVJ_Flat_Pads_p/aat0000100.htm

post #13946 of 18536
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post

I think I'd like the sound but not so sure about the comfort, Seems like they'd be pretty heavy with those large metal cups. My 325's are heavy but those would be quite a bit worse.

i use them as my portable full size headphones, the weight isn't that bad.

You might need to re-set the rods a few times as the rodblocks have a bit of trouble with keeping the headphones in place(when walking around)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

By all means I'm not made of money…or well off.
But I can't see why anyone would by a knock off pair of Grado cushions!
Please don't be insulted by this post, it is not meant to be insulting in any way…but this really makes no sense at all, especially if Grado is your headphone preference, I understand they are a little expensive for a piece of foam but, their Grados and the sound means everything!

The "knock-off" G-cush from Earzonk are just softer than the "official" Grado pads. I prefer these, as the others irritate my skin a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post

G cush, L cush, etc... Not enough talk about flat pads. They've been thoroughly praised as the best pads for Grados for many years, and personally I wouldn't use anything else.

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/TTVJ_Flat_Pads_p/aat0000100.htm

anyone tried these with the PS1000?
Edited by CH23 - 4/20/14 at 2:11am
post #13947 of 18536

IMO, TTVJ pads definitely give more bass, less treble and make the sound-stage even smaller…but I thought they sounded the best with the 80i's…but I still prefer the (L) cushions any day for the SR/RS models.

post #13948 of 18536
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

IMO, TTVJ pads definitely give more bass, less treble and make the sound-stage even smaller…but I thought they sounded the best with the 80i's…but I still prefer the (L) cushions any day for the SR/RS models.

Agreed. Depending on the genre, the flats are really nice on both my RS1s and 80s, but they definitely aren't as versatile as the L cushes.

post #13949 of 18536
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

IMO, TTVJ pads definitely give more bass, less treble and make the sound-stage even smaller…but I thought they sounded the best with the 80i's…but I still prefer the (L) cushions any day for the SR/RS models.

I prefer the L on anything between the SR-225 and the RS1. As they come from Grado, basically.

Funnily enough, my PS500 came with comfies (no idea why) so I had the shop send me the Ls. They sounded awful with the comfies. Everything was just messy.
post #13950 of 18536
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsubox View Post


I prefer the L on anything between the SR-225 and the RS1. As they come from Grado, basically.

Funnily enough, my PS500 came with comfies (no idea why) so I had the shop send me the Ls. They sounded awful with the comfies. Everything was just messy.

Thats funny, did you buy them new?

Grados site shows the PS 500 with the (L) cushions…although I don't know when the PS 500 came out, so maybe if yours are an earlier model they came with the (S) cushions at that time. I know the earlier 80's used to come with the (L) cushions…but not anymore.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!