or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 919

post #13771 of 27094
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

another tasty morsel

 

 

Love Satch!

post #13772 of 27094
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

not what you think of when you think "pedal steel guitar"

 

 

 

actually, no pedals

 

I wish I could remember the guys name, but there was this black guy I saw on PBS "Austin City Limits" a couple times and he plays a steel guitar. He starts out sitting but by the end of the show he is dancing all over the place (while playing) and just shreds that guitar. I had never seen anyone play a steel like that before or since. I'll try and find something on youtube, a lot of City Limits stuff ends up on there sooner or later.

 Oh and just for those who might be interested, the is a Bottlehead Crack on ebay. Very rare to see one of those show up anywhere but particularly there. Not a good Grado amp but a lot of you have other phones besides Grado. Price is good so far but bound to go up considerably.


Edited by HPiper - 4/12/14 at 7:27pm
post #13773 of 27094
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

 

Is this the same guy that has been on PBS a few times? I remember seeing a guy on there a while back and he started out sitting down but by the end he was dancing all over the place (while playing) and just shredding that steel guitar. I have never seen anybody play a steel like that.


you might have seen robert randolf(and the family band) he usually sits, but will get up and get down !

 

 

 


Edited by jaywillin - 4/12/14 at 7:37pm
post #13774 of 27094

Yep that is who it was, that guy is great. I found one of his records on amazon but the quality was really poor. Gonna look around some more and see if I can find a good one.

post #13775 of 27094

Robert Randolph is just fantastic, to say the least....no doubt one of my favorites.

post #13776 of 27094

whirlwind, why are we up so early??

 

Took a few more pics last night, more out of boredom than anything else. I think Grado makes some classy looking headphones!

 

 

 

post #13777 of 27094
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsubox View Post
 

whirlwind, why are we up so early??

 

Took a few more pics last night, more out of boredom than anything else. I think Grado makes some classy looking headphones!

 

 

 

 

First of all....those are beautiful pics....nice work.

 

Well, I get up every morning between 5:00 and 6:30.....just naturally....the older I get...the less I sleep....usually I get about 5 hours sleep, and it seems to be enough.

 

So I am up and listening to some music .....well this morning I am listening and watching my new Joe B. dvds.....and checking the forum every now and then  :smile:

post #13778 of 27094
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsubox View Post
 

whirlwind, why are we up so early??

 

Took a few more pics last night, more out of boredom than anything else. I think Grado makes some classy looking headphones!

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

 

First of all....those are beautiful pics....nice work.

 

Well, I get up every morning between 5:00 and 6:30.....just naturally....the older I get...the less I sleep....usually I get about 5 hours sleep, and it seems to be enough.

 

So I am up and listening to some music .....well this morning I am listening and watching my new Joe B. dvds.....and checking the forum every now and then  :smile:

yep, sweet pics, very nice !!

 

yeah, us old guys get up early, and my dogs get up early too, and unless i want a mess to clean up, they go out !

plus, the morning allows for "quiet time" everyone else is asleep !

post #13779 of 27094
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsubox View Post
 

whirlwind, why are we up so early??

 

Took a few more pics last night, more out of boredom than anything else. I think Grado makes some classy looking headphones!


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Wow! Nice work, really nice!

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

 

First of all....those are beautiful pics....nice work.

 

Well, I get up every morning between 5:00 and 6:30.....just naturally....the older I get...the less I sleep....usually I get about 5 hours sleep, and it seems to be enough.

 

So I am up and listening to some music .....well this morning I am listening and watching my new Joe B. dvds.....and checking the forum every now and then  :smile:

Damn, I'm screwed!!  I get in six hours of sleep max and I'm 37!:tongue: 

 

 

That's it's, I'm taking these damn headphones off and I'm going to bed!    *...takes headphones off, turns off computer, gets up and walks off to the bedroom....zzzzzz:wink:


Edited by wormsdriver - 4/13/14 at 5:42am
post #13780 of 27094

I guess it is better being old, than ancient  :p.....so we are not that bad off.

 

When the dust settles....I will have a metal cup Grado in my line up again....either a PS500 or 325is.....more than likely PS500.

post #13781 of 27094

Thanks, guys!

 

I'm used to waking up at 6 during the workweek, but wish my body would let me sleep in just a little on the weekend, haha.

post #13782 of 27094
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post
 

 

Wow! Nice work, really nice!

Damn, I'm screwed!!  I get in six hours of sleep max and I'm 37!:tongue: 

 

 

That's it's, I'm taking these damn headphones off and I'm going to bed!    *...takes headphones off, turns off computer, gets up and walks off to the bedroom....zzzzzz:wink:


Oh man.....yeah worms....you are screwed.....by the time you are 50, you will be up 24/7  :p 

post #13783 of 27094
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 


Oh man.....yeah worms....you are screwed.....by the time you are 50, you will be up 24/7  :p 

hehehehe:biggrin:

 

oooops, I did it again. I've been on the "this is the last song of the night " routine  for the last hour. Damn you music!! Damn you sweet sweet gear!! damn you Head-fi!!  

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
*...takes headphones off, turns off computer, gets up and walks off to the bedroom....zzzzzz:wink:
post #13784 of 27094

hey guys,

 

I managed to arrange a trade and now own a schiit gungnir, and am working on the amp (rather I'm building the power supply while trying to decide which way I'm gonna jump).

 

I did have a question though,  I've been listening to headphones for quite a while, and ever since I got my Grado's I have been spending a lot more time listening to headphones, too much so, at the expense of neglecting my wife a bit.  She is blind, and she does love music, and I have several times had her listen to my headphones and we would do the trade off thing, but I'm now thinking that maybe I should be looking for a set of nice headphones for her to listen too with me.  She does really like my PS1000, which took me a long time to save up to, but we are thinking maybe a complimentary headphone rather than the same, and switch off.  Although that could go badly too if we both favor a headphone more than the other significantly lol.

 

Just asking for thoughts, it will be towards end of summer when I could afford one.  Kind of thinking he500, hd800, or possibly a closed pair, since I dont know what 2 open headphones in close proximity would sound like (might not be a problem, but I'm trying to think ahead).

 

Only other details that might matter, even though we are going to switch headphones every week, she does like pop and other new-ish music, where as I prefer rock, so may want her's to be better suited towards that genre.  The gungnir has balanced and unbalanced out, may end up building 2 amps, one balanced and one single ended so we can listen to the same source, although I could have one plugged into the stx on the computer like I am running mine now.  Although I do need to decide on that before the final decision because that would mean purchasing balanced headphones (or modding them if possible).

 

Anyways, appreciate it :)

post #13785 of 27094
Quote:
Originally Posted by flailure View Post

hey guys,

I managed to arrange a trade and now own a schiit gungnir, and am working on the amp (rather I'm building the power supply while trying to decide which way I'm gonna jump).

I did have a question though,  I've been listening to headphones for quite a while, and ever since I got my Grado's I have been spending a lot more time listening to headphones, too much so, at the expense of neglecting my wife a bit.  She is blind, and she does love music, and I have several times had her listen to my headphones and we would do the trade off thing, but I'm now thinking that maybe I should be looking for a set of nice headphones for her to listen too with me.  She does really like my PS1000, which took me a long time to save up to, but we are thinking maybe a complimentary headphone rather than the same, and switch off.  Although that could go badly too if we both favor a headphone more than the other significantly lol.

Just asking for thoughts, it will be towards end of summer when I could afford one.  Kind of thinking he500, hd800, or possibly a closed pair, since I dont know what 2 open headphones in close proximity would sound like (might not be a problem, but I'm trying to think ahead).

Only other details that might matter, even though we are going to switch headphones every week, she does like pop and other new-ish music, where as I prefer rock, so may want her's to be better suited towards that genre.  The gungnir has balanced and unbalanced out, may end up building 2 amps, one balanced and one single ended so we can listen to the same source, although I could have one plugged into the stx on the computer like I am running mine now.  Although I do need to decide on that before the final decision because that would mean purchasing balanced headphones (or modding them if possible).

Anyways, appreciate it smily_headphones1.gif
for pop music, the Fidelio X1 is hard to beat. Plus since the x1 is the opposite sound sig of the Grados they would make for a good compliment to your PS1000.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!