Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 899

post #13471 of 18000

Thanks for the reputation hsubox, I guess you feel the same way!

post #13472 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Thanks for the reputation hsubox, I guess you feel the same way!

Me, too.

 

But skip the reputation.  I already got one.:D

post #13473 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Thanks for the reputation hsubox, I guess you feel the same way!


I do! I love the Grado sound enough that I'm looking to sell my AKGs to fund a PS500, haha!

post #13474 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post


That's because you've got a full head of hair. I just ordered the saddle colored Manta headband for my RS1i's. There's no grass growing on this busy street.


Thanks for calling it a FULL head   :D

post #13475 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Congratulations on the RS2's! I feel the same way about being done and having no interest in hearing any other headphones. I came close to buying an HD 650 the other day, just too hear a higher end Senn, and then realized that I'm probably not going too like the sound signature at all compared to the RS1's, and decided not too even bother, thats how satisfied I am with the Grado sound… paired with the WA6, sometime I just can't believe how they sound, and really wonder, how much of a better sound am I looking for? None!

 

Joseph...the HD650 is Dark

post #13476 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

 

Joseph...the HD650 is Dark

Yes, after doing some research (reading posts) I realized I wouldn't enjoy the dark sound. I just knew that a lot of people liked the 650 with the WA6, so I was curious about them together, but then decided not to do it. You know how this hobby gets you interested in wanting too try everything!!!

post #13477 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post


Thanks for calling it a FULL head   biggrin.gif
Not a problem W2. I'm just a pinsetter in this bowling ally called life.
post #13478 of 18000

Yeah, I hear you....I mean it actually is a very nice compliment to the RS1i......mainly, because it is just the complete opposite of the Grado sound.

 

I bought it because of the synergy with the Mad Ear....DR. Peppard designed the mad around it.....I e-mailed him about it and he confirmed in the e-mail.....so I figured....why not....I already have the amp.

 

I listened to it for 10 straight days.....so I would not make ant\f premature judgement on it.......I honestly do not know how anyone can tell what a headphone sounds like in just a few hours...it just does not work that way for me.  I listened to it exclusively for 10 days......no other headphone in that period

 

Anyhow.....even though I do not like the sound signature near as much as a Grado....mainly because it is dark.......I still like the headphone, because of the great mids and synergy with my amp........they are sort of dark....but still delicious......

 

Not anywhere near the RS11 for me......but a great compliment because of the completely darker sound.....the mids save it for me..........I mean...that is where music lives for me, anyway.....gotta have great mids first and for most  :p 


Edited by whirlwind - 4/2/14 at 2:40pm
post #13479 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Yeah, I hear you....I mean it actually is a very nice compliment to the RS1i......mainly, because it is just the complete opposite of the Grado sound.

 

I bought it because of the synergy with the Mad Ear....DR. Peppard designed the mad around it.....I e-mailed him about it and he confirmed in the e-mail.....so I figured....why not....I already have the amp.

 

I listened to it for 10 straight days.....so I would not make ant\f premature judgement on it.......I honestly do not know how anyone can tell what a headphone sounds like in just a few hours...it just does not work that way for me.  I listened to it exclusively for 10 days......no other headphone in that period

 

Anyhow.....even though I do not like the sound signature near as much as a Grado....mainly because it is dark.......I still like the headphone, because of the great mids and synergy with my amp........they are sort of dark....but still delicious......

 

Not anywhere near the RS11 for me......but a great compliment because of the completely darker sound.....the mids save it for me..........I mean...that is where music lives for me, anyway.....gotta have great mids first and for most  :p 

The mids are where it is for me too. And for the simple fact that you say they don't come anywhere near the RS1 for you, tells me I wouldn't be listening too them, so I wouldn't even bother.

post #13480 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

The mids are where it is for me too. And for the simple fact that you say they don't come anywhere near the RS1 for you, tells me I wouldn't be listening too them, so I wouldn't even bother.

 

Yeah, I can't imagine too many Grado fans, liking a dark headphone.....and that is understandable.

post #13481 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post

Yeah, I can't imagine too many Grado fans, liking a dark headphone.....and that is understandable.
I like having the option so I try to keep my headphones as different from each other as possible.
post #13482 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Yes, after doing some research (reading posts) I realized I wouldn't enjoy the dark sound. I just knew that a lot of people liked the 650 with the WA6, so I was curious about them together, but then decided not to do it. You know how this hobby gets you interested in wanting too try everything!!!

 

The 650 with a Bottlehead Crack is pretty magical in its own right. Excellent synergy, just on the otherside of the spectrum from RS1 + WA6!

post #13483 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post


I like having the option so I try to keep my headphones as different from each other as possible.


That is the exact reason that I purchased the HD650...and knowing it matched my amp well.

post #13484 of 18000
Gs1000s came in today. The difference between the lcd2s and the gs1000 plugged into my Roland piano is massive. The gs1000s are miles ahead in piano performance.

I was tempted to buy a nord piano 2 because I felt bored of my pianos sound, but it feels like a new piano all over again.

Sound is subjective, remember that. I'm only talking about piano here. The experience blew the lcds out if the water. I literally could not tell the difference between the headphones and speakers.

I'll say more later about music. I haven't tried them with any other source.
post #13485 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by j14mp View Post

Gs1000s came in today. The difference between the lcd2s and the gs1000 plugged into my Roland piano is massive. The gs1000s are miles ahead in piano performance.

I was tempted to buy a nord piano 2 because I felt bored of my pianos sound, but it feels like a new piano all over again.

Sound is subjective, remember that. I'm only talking about piano here. The experience blew the lcds out if the water. I literally could not tell the difference between the headphones and speakers.

I'll say more later about music. I haven't tried them with any other source.


i had the lcd2's also, and agree, the gs1000 wipes the floor with them !

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!