Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 886

post #13276 of 17151

My PS500s came today. WOW.

 

I'm only a month into my hifi journal and I've heard the sr60i, MS1i, sr225i and now the PS500.

 

I fell in love with my sr60is and have prefered them over both the Fidelio X1s and the Beyerdynamic dt880s. I've given in - I guess I'm a Gradophile for now.

 

As much as I've enjoyed my sr60is, I have to say - these PS500s are on a different level. Price-wise, I guess they should be, but I wasn't expecting the jump in quality. These headphone are much more serious to me. I'm blown away.

 

Based on my shortly exposure to hifi, I probably don't have any credibility to recommend these, but even so - I highly recommend these :) I'd love to talk specifics if anybody is curious.

post #13277 of 17151

I take it you don't feel that the bass kind of steals the show on the PS500's

post #13278 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

I take it you don't feel that the bass kind of steals the show on the PS500's

 

I really don't. For most songs, so far, it seems fairly appropriate. I was a bit surprised by it at first, but after a couple hours of listening, it seems welcoming.

post #13279 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

just got a notification that new results for one of my queries popped up on eBay.

it hurts so much. I want them but i don't have that kind of cash.


I feel your pain!

post #13280 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

I take it you don't feel that the bass kind of steals the show on the PS500's


I didn't think it did either, last time I auditioned them. It was certainly present like on no other Grado I've heard, but not overbearing in the least.

 

That's why as soon as I can sell my Q701s, I'll be getting the PS500!

post #13281 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by evancalkins View Post
 

My PS500s came today. WOW.

 

I'm only a month into my hifi journal and I've heard the sr60i, MS1i, sr225i and now the PS500.

 

I fell in love with my sr60is and have prefered them over both the Fidelio X1s and the Beyerdynamic dt880s. I've given in - I guess I'm a Gradophile for now.

 

As much as I've enjoyed my sr60is, I have to say - these PS500s are on a different level. Price-wise, I guess they should be, but I wasn't expecting the jump in quality. These headphone are much more serious to me. I'm blown away.

 

Based on my shortly exposure to hifi, I probably don't have any credibility to recommend these, but even so - I highly recommend these :) I'd love to talk specifics if anybody is curious.


 Congrats on your PS500......and welcome to the club  :smile: 

post #13282 of 17151
Listening to the Vince Gill double album "These Days" thru my RS1i's. I guess they don't just give away Country Music Artist of the Year Awards.
post #13283 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post

Listening to the Vince Gill double album "These Days" thru my RS1i's. I guess they don't just give away Country Music Artist of the Year Awards.


Of course they don't you have to pay for em!! They ain't cheap neither!!

post #13284 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post


Of course they don't you have to pay for em!! They ain't cheap neither!!

Hahaha, sad but true. Awarding art has to be the stupidest most pointless thing ever.
post #13285 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIFi View Post
 

I've given an offer to a "former" headfier about his Bushmills on the desire to buy them, lets see how this plays out. 

 

 I hope you do get them, I love mine, think that they puch way above their weight class.

 

So best of luck, man

post #13286 of 17151

does anyone know of a switch box that would allow me to connect the outputs of 2 or more headphone amps?  basically looking to be able to switch between amps while listening to compare amps/DACs without having to unplug my headphones.

post #13287 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

does anyone know of a switch box that would allow me to connect the outputs of 2 or more headphone amps?  basically looking to be able to switch between amps while listening to compare amps/DACs without having to unplug my headphones.

Whatever you look for, Fiio has the answer:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/659603/introduction-about-hs2-headphone-signal-switcher

...in this case its the Fiio HS2...
post #13288 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post
 

does anyone know of a switch box that would allow me to connect the outputs of 2 or more headphone amps?  basically looking to be able to switch between amps while listening to compare amps/DACs without having to unplug my headphones.

I'm not sure if there is such a thing. It would be quite a unique product and all though it makes sense to us head-fiers who like to do comparisons, probably wouldn't make much sense outside of our hobby for manufacturers. You can buy speaker switch boxes with hp outs that could be used with customised cables. But it would be quite messy and probably detrimental to the sound imo. 

post #13289 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamthinker View Post


Whatever you look for, Fiio has the answer:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/659603/introduction-about-hs2-headphone-signal-switcher

...in this case its the Fiio HS2...

 

 

Thanks!

I really love Fiio.  They really can't do wrong.  I wonder if they'll ever release a line of headphones.

post #13290 of 17151

Haha just seen the post above mine. Yup someone was bound to do it on here! Good ole Fiio!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!