Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 884

post #13246 of 24403

I've given an offer to a "former" headfier about his Bushmills on the desire to buy them, lets see how this plays out. 

post #13247 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvins View Post
 

I've absolutely fallen in love with my 325i's. I may go back to my magnums soon though. Just because I haven't given a listen since I got my 325i's, which was a little under a month ago. These things are just SO IN YOUR FACE. Right now I'm sitting on my couch, just listening to them through my e10. Downloaded a good bit of Flac recently and am picking through some Doors/Dead Meadow. Beyond satisfying. Nothing presents a listener with a better tone then a nice pair of Grados. 

 

That is exactly as I always described my 325is.....In Your Face.....They were front row center stage no nonsense cans.........I loved them.

 

I really wish I would have had my Mad Ear to listen to them with, when I had them.  I may have kept them.

 

Anyway, I agree with your thoughts 100%........I pretty much only listen to flac.


Edited by whirlwind - 3/28/14 at 3:23am
post #13248 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvins View Post

I honestly love my little dot 1+. Grados plus Little Dot 1+ gives you some of the best sound, I think ever honestly. Some may call it mid-fi but...I honestly feel that's just because of the price. Or maybe I view it has Hifi because I haven't really listened to many more expensive headphones/setups. But. I honestly don't think I could ever listen to a setup that I get as much satisfaction of as my Little Dot1+ 325i/Magnum setup. My DAC adds the clarity that the LD1+ can't offer, and the combination as a whole...just leaves me breathless. I don't feel like I'm going to upgrade out of Grados anytime soon. At least until I have a full time job. 

What DAC do you prefer? We have an otherwise almost identical setup.

Also, any of you little dot users experiment with the gain settings for your Grados?
Edited by JoeDoe - 3/28/14 at 9:20am
post #13249 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

TBH I just want one of their pieces of art. The GS1000i is winning the race. That'll be on my list for later this year. I've spent too dang much in the last month and a half.

I would keep looking in the classified section for a woody. Grab youself the most attractive pair you can find and then EQ some extra bass to your liking. They respond surprisingly well to EQ. You'll never be able to add an LCD sub bass but for Rock/metal you really don't need it. Also, I think Grado's are great for giving you a good thump in the bass, thats why I like them. You really feel the instruments as opposed to just seeing them, if you know what I mean. 

post #13250 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


What DAC do you prefer? We have an otherwise almost identical setup.

Also, any of you little dot users experiment with the gain settings for your Grados?

I only have one DAC. My Fiio. i love it though. Especially considering it's price tag.

post #13251 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


What DAC do you prefer? We have an otherwise almost identical setup.

Also, any of you little dot users experiment with the gain settings for your Grados?


I have kind of a difficult setup for my Little Dot as I use it with both low (Grado) and high (Sennheiser) impedance phones. I found setting the gain to 1 step down from max worked best overall. I think that is the +5 setting. I really didn't think changing the gain would have much effect on the sound but it does and it isn't subtle either. I tried all the gain settings but this one ended up sounding the best with both my SR325i and my HD600's

post #13252 of 24403
just got a notification that new results for one of my queries popped up on eBay.

it hurts so much. I want them but i don't have that kind of cash.
post #13253 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 


I have kind of a difficult setup for my Little Dot as I use it with both low (Grado) and high (Sennheiser) impedance phones. I found setting the gain to 1 step down from max worked best overall. I think that is the +5 setting. I really didn't think changing the gain would have much effect on the sound but it does and it isn't subtle either. I tried all the gain settings but this one ended up sounding the best with both my SR325i and my HD600's

 

i prefer the gain on my fiio e17 to remain at the highest setting (and therefore use a lower volume setting), i have no proof but to me it sounds better than a lower gain with higher volume, with all of my headphones.  it's possibly something to do with the circuitry or possibly my imagination, but if we're happy with the sound then it doesn't matter!

post #13254 of 24403

As promised : Grado RS1 with mahogany rims;

 

one flush, one extended-

 

 

one with, on it's side, one with rim removed-

 

 

nice wood grain and I DO like the knurled thumbnuts. You can even remove the them to slide the cans out.

 

 

 

:smile:

post #13255 of 24403

Thanks for the pic's, very, very cool! Those are some really nice RS's, and rims are a really cool idea/color!

Good luck with them and enjoy them!

post #13256 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMeat View Post
 

As promised : Grado RS1 with mahogany rims;

 

one flush, one extended-

 

 

one with, on it's side, one with rim removed-

 

 

nice wood grain and I DO like the knurled thumbnuts. You can even remove the them to slide the cans out.

 

 

 

:smile:


Congrats........Gotta love the RS1's

post #13257 of 24403

My PS500s came today. WOW.

 

I'm only a month into my hifi journal and I've heard the sr60i, MS1i, sr225i and now the PS500.

 

I fell in love with my sr60is and have prefered them over both the Fidelio X1s and the Beyerdynamic dt880s. I've given in - I guess I'm a Gradophile for now.

 

As much as I've enjoyed my sr60is, I have to say - these PS500s are on a different level. Price-wise, I guess they should be, but I wasn't expecting the jump in quality. These headphone are much more serious to me. I'm blown away.

 

Based on my shortly exposure to hifi, I probably don't have any credibility to recommend these, but even so - I highly recommend these :) I'd love to talk specifics if anybody is curious.

post #13258 of 24403

I take it you don't feel that the bass kind of steals the show on the PS500's

post #13259 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

I take it you don't feel that the bass kind of steals the show on the PS500's

 

I really don't. For most songs, so far, it seems fairly appropriate. I was a bit surprised by it at first, but after a couple hours of listening, it seems welcoming.

post #13260 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

just got a notification that new results for one of my queries popped up on eBay.

it hurts so much. I want them but i don't have that kind of cash.


I feel your pain!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!