Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 845

post #12661 of 24571

I know I am late to the party here but:

 

325i's were to bright for me (maybe I should send my pair to joseph69 for comparison?), they are just sitting in their box...

 

RS1i's were just, I don't know, 'off?' to me, something not quite right to my ears.

 

PS500's are the ones for me, with G cush.

 

I auditioned them all at the same time and the PS500 came out the winner.

post #12662 of 24571
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post
 

I know I am late to the party here but:

 

325i's were to bright for me (maybe I should send my pair to joseph69 for comparison?), they are just sitting in their box...

 

RS1i's were just, I don't know, 'off?' to me, something not quite right to my ears.

 

PS500's are the ones for me, with G cush.

 

I auditioned them all at the same time and the PS500 came out the winner.

Interesting! To each his own my friend. Everyone's ears are different so as long as you let them be the judge, you surely can't go wrong.

post #12663 of 24571
Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Here are some pic's of the WA6 with 1/4" oak side panels, after trying out the brown floor laminate, which looked very cheesy, but I did like the idea of the wood side panels on the WA6, as some amps do come with from the factory. 

My father did the cutting and radius to match the face plate looking straight on. Due too my vision, I only came up with the idea/color to go with the brushed/flat aluminum body of the Woo. I also intend to do the transformers top cover, and possibly the face of the volumeknob, I don't want the wood to be overkill! I used Martha Stewarts (BARN RED) from Home Depot since I could not find a stain in the (RED) I was trying too achieve. Wearing a vinyl glove, I wiped the paint on with my fingers then immediately wiped it off with a cotton T-shirt, repeating this 3 times, until I achieved the color I was looking for. 

 

 

 

 

damn joseph, thats puuuuurrrrrrrdy

post #12664 of 24571
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Wow :eek:

 

Very nice , Joseph....I really love the look.

 

I can't wait to see it when you get finished, and it looks beautiful, as is.

Thanks, I always thought wood panels add a touch of class too an amp, like the MAD.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

What driver tubes are you using in the WA6?

1966 Sylvania 6SN7WGT's, and I just put the S/P 274B back in after a week of listening with the Mullard 5V4G/GZ32.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post
 

I know I am late to the party here but:

 

325i's were to bright for me (maybe I should send my pair to joseph69 for comparison?), they are just sitting in their box...

 

RS1i's were just, I don't know, 'off?' to me, something not quite right to my ears.

 

PS500's are the ones for me, with G cush.

 

I auditioned them all at the same time and the PS500 came out the winner.

If your interested in hearing mine, vise versa, PM me, I don't mind, as long as you treat them nice!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

damn joseph, thats puuuuurrrrrrrdy

Thanks Jay, I appreciate the compliment from you and everyone else! I thought it needed some real wood panels. I'll show some more pic's after the transformer cover gets made.

Anything on the WA6 SE?

post #12665 of 24571
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Thanks, I always thought wood panels add a touch of class too an amp, like the MAD.

 

1966 Sylvania 6SN7WGT's, and I just put the S/P 274B back in after a week of listening with the Mullard 5V4G/GZ32.

 

If your interested in hearing mine, vise versa, PM me, I don't mind, as long as you treat them nice!

 

Thanks Jay, I appreciate the compliment from you and everyone else! I thought it needed some real wood panels. I'll show some more pic's after the transformer cover gets made.

Anything on the WA6 SE?

i decided to pass(for now!!)

 

i made a deal on an alpha dog from the classifieds , i've got very good amps, and the alpha was cheaper the the wa6se , i NEED a closed can, i don't NEED an amp, thats what whirlwind said !!

post #12666 of 24571
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

i decided to pass(for now!!)

 

i made a deal on an alpha dog from the classifieds , i've got very good amps, and the alpha was cheaper the the wa6se , i NEED a closed can, i don't NEED an amp, thats what whirlwind said !!


Alphas!

post #12667 of 24571
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

i decided to pass(for now!!)

 

i made a deal on an alpha dog from the classifieds , i've got very good amps, and the alpha was cheaper the the wa6se , i NEED a closed can, i don't NEED an amp, thats what whirlwind said !!

Well in fact you do have some awesome amps on hand, so you might as well enjoy them, plus the WA6 SE isn't going anywhere, you can always pick one up in the future, (which I'm sure you will)!

Congratulations on the Alpha Dogs, I've read a lot of people really like them.

I just realized, if I had a nickel for every time you bought/sold/traded something, I'd be rich LOL... good for you enjoy!

post #12668 of 24571
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 


Alphas!


oh yeah, i msged you first thing man !!

post #12669 of 24571

Nicely Done!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

 

post #12670 of 24571

Never late to the party!!

Anyway, I auditioned the PS500 & RS1i and walked away with the PS500. Really, really tried to love them for 29 days and on the 30th, exchanged them for the RS1i.  Never looked back.

Anyway, enjoy!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post
 

RS1i's were just, I don't know, 'off?' to me, something not quite right to my ears.

I auditioned them all at the same time and the PS500 came out the winner.

post #12671 of 24571
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Well in fact you do have some awesome amps on hand, so you might as well enjoy them, plus the WA6 SE isn't going anywhere, you can always pick one up in the future, (which I'm sure you will)!

Congratulations on the Alpha Dogs, I've read a lot of people really like them.

I just realized, if I had a nickel for every time you bought/sold/traded something, I'd be rich LOL... good for you enjoy!


if i had a nickle, every time i did to, i'd have a few more nickels myself !

 

i spent some time today, straightening up the rack, routing cables better, getting ready for the long haul

post #12672 of 24571
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post
 

Thank you very much, I appreciate the compliment!

Congratulations on the RS1i's, enjoy them!!!

post #12673 of 24571

hi!

 

would love to join this club! :gs1000smile:

 

currently own Grado PS1000 & Grado SR225i!

 

loves grado so much! :D

post #12674 of 24571

I think you

Quote:
Originally Posted by michi1986 View Post
would love to join this club! :gs1000smile:

 

currently own Grado PS1000 & Grado SR225i!

 

 

Looks like you already do :gs1000smile:

post #12675 of 24571
Quote:
Originally Posted by michi1986 View Post
 

hi!

 

would love to join this club! :gs1000smile:

 

currently own Grado PS1000 & Grado SR225i!

 

loves grado so much! :D

Nice headphones to own, welcome!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!