Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 842
Gear mentioned in this thread:
how would you compare the 325i's to the rs1is?
I really don't think these two are a fair comparison. I think they are two totally different headphones. My 325is's are not bright at all like most would say…I feel they are warmer/darker than the RS1i's. I used to say (before I got the RS's), that the 325's where like the 80i's on steroids... but that all changed when I got the RS's. The RS's have the 80i's sound signature on plenty of steroids! Both the 325's/RS's, as well as the 80's are excellent IMO, but I do really love the mid-range, especially vocals on the 325's because of their warm/thick full sound, and possibly because they may be a bit more intimate due too to the slightly smaller sound-stage than the RS's.
So to answer your question, I would think the RS's would be a closer comparison to the 80i's with (L) cushions, but lack the bass/smoothness/quickness/extension/clarity and sound-stage of the RS's.
When I want a warmer sound, I put on my 325's.
In general, the 325is is only a steppingstone toward the RS1i.
From what I can tell (from having extensively auditioned it), it is a refined version of the the SR80i, much more relaxed and not as aggressive as the 325is. In that regard the 325is is often considered the 'odd one out' in the Grado line-up. It gives the you more detail without the 'acoustic refinement' (don't hate at the term) of the RS1i.
In general the sound you (I) wanted to hear when you first heard the SR80i.
Edited by TheDreamthinker - 3/8/14 at 9:57am
That's one of the smartest comments I've ever seen on Head-fi.
Can't tell whether that was sarcasm or not...therefore:
sarcasm - well, sorry...(just stating impressions as always)
not sarcasm - thanks
Edited by TheDreamthinker - 3/8/14 at 3:13pm
Not sarcasm at all...thought it was a great comment!
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 35 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Confused : Sennheiser CX 180 Street II Vs Mi In-ear... 4 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › X3 firmware 3.22-3.24beta--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. #nooneleftbehind 4 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)