Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 842
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I really don't think these two are a fair comparison. I think they are two totally different headphones. My 325is's are not bright at all like most would say…I feel they are warmer/darker than the RS1i's. I used to say (before I got the RS's), that the 325's where like the 80i's on steroids... but that all changed when I got the RS's. The RS's have the 80i's sound signature on plenty of steroids! Both the 325's/RS's, as well as the 80's are excellent IMO, but I do really love the mid-range, especially vocals on the 325's because of their warm/thick full sound, and possibly because they may be a bit more intimate due too to the slightly smaller sound-stage than the RS's.
So to answer your question, I would think the RS's would be a closer comparison to the 80i's with (L) cushions, but lack the bass/smoothness/quickness/extension/clarity and sound-stage of the RS's.
When I want a warmer sound, I put on my 325's.
In general, the 325is is only a steppingstone toward the RS1i.
From what I can tell (from having extensively auditioned it), it is a refined version of the the SR80i, much more relaxed and not as aggressive as the 325is. In that regard the 325is is often considered the 'odd one out' in the Grado line-up. It gives the you more detail without the 'acoustic refinement' (don't hate at the term) of the RS1i.
In general the sound you (I) wanted to hear when you first heard the SR80i.
Edited by TheDreamthinker - 3/8/14 at 9:57am
That's one of the smartest comments I've ever seen on Head-fi.
Can't tell whether that was sarcasm or not...therefore:
sarcasm - well, sorry...(just stating impressions as always)
not sarcasm - thanks
Edited by TheDreamthinker - 3/8/14 at 3:13pm
Not sarcasm at all...thought it was a great comment!
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 38 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 07/24/2014 1 minute ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p.... 8 minutes ago
- › Would Hugo benefit from a separate amp with Audeze? 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 10 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)