Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 (updated 2014 version!!!) on-ear premium portable headphones. ...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 842
Gear mentioned in this thread:
how would you compare the 325i's to the rs1is?
I really don't think these two are a fair comparison. I think they are two totally different headphones. My 325is's are not bright at all like most would say…I feel they are warmer/darker than the RS1i's. I used to say (before I got the RS's), that the 325's where like the 80i's on steroids... but that all changed when I got the RS's. The RS's have the 80i's sound signature on plenty of steroids! Both the 325's/RS's, as well as the 80's are excellent IMO, but I do really love the mid-range, especially vocals on the 325's because of their warm/thick full sound, and possibly because they may be a bit more intimate due too to the slightly smaller sound-stage than the RS's.
So to answer your question, I would think the RS's would be a closer comparison to the 80i's with (L) cushions, but lack the bass/smoothness/quickness/extension/clarity and sound-stage of the RS's.
When I want a warmer sound, I put on my 325's.
In general, the 325is is only a steppingstone toward the RS1i.
From what I can tell (from having extensively auditioned it), it is a refined version of the the SR80i, much more relaxed and not as aggressive as the 325is. In that regard the 325is is often considered the 'odd one out' in the Grado line-up. It gives the you more detail without the 'acoustic refinement' (don't hate at the term) of the RS1i.
In general the sound you (I) wanted to hear when you first heard the SR80i.
Edited by TheDreamthinker - 3/8/14 at 9:57am
That's one of the smartest comments I've ever seen on Head-fi.
Can't tell whether that was sarcasm or not...therefore:
sarcasm - well, sorry...(just stating impressions as always)
not sarcasm - thanks
Edited by TheDreamthinker - 3/8/14 at 3:13pm
Not sarcasm at all...thought it was a great comment!
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 8 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 8 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by Sonic Defender
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)