Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 842
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I really don't think these two are a fair comparison. I think they are two totally different headphones. My 325is's are not bright at all like most would say…I feel they are warmer/darker than the RS1i's. I used to say (before I got the RS's), that the 325's where like the 80i's on steroids... but that all changed when I got the RS's. The RS's have the 80i's sound signature on plenty of steroids! Both the 325's/RS's, as well as the 80's are excellent IMO, but I do really love the mid-range, especially vocals on the 325's because of their warm/thick full sound, and possibly because they may be a bit more intimate due too to the slightly smaller sound-stage than the RS's.
So to answer your question, I would think the RS's would be a closer comparison to the 80i's with (L) cushions, but lack the bass/smoothness/quickness/extension/clarity and sound-stage of the RS's.
When I want a warmer sound, I put on my 325's.
In general, the 325is is only a steppingstone toward the RS1i.
From what I can tell (from having extensively auditioned it), it is a refined version of the the SR80i, much more relaxed and not as aggressive as the 325is. In that regard the 325is is often considered the 'odd one out' in the Grado line-up. It gives the you more detail without the 'acoustic refinement' (don't hate at the term) of the RS1i.
In general the sound you (I) wanted to hear when you first heard the SR80i.
Edited by TheDreamthinker - 3/8/14 at 9:57am
That's one of the smartest comments I've ever seen on Head-fi.
Can't tell whether that was sarcasm or not...therefore:
sarcasm - well, sorry...(just stating impressions as always)
not sarcasm - thanks
Edited by TheDreamthinker - 3/8/14 at 3:13pm
Not sarcasm at all...thought it was a great comment!
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › DIY: Emotiva mini-X a-100 Headphone Amp Mod Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Seattle, WA Tour 2 minutes ago
- › iOS 8 goes public on September 17th, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 9 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17 DAC/Amp (ALPEN) + Fiio E09K Desktop Amp (QOGIR) Pictures,... 10 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)