Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 842

post #12616 of 24557
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamthinker View Post
 

 

Basically I also do not find the 325is aggressive in the literal sense of the word.

It, imo, simply lacks the bass amount/articulation, to compensate the boosted treble section. The RS1is rectifies this problem by adding more warmth and therefore returning to a more SR80i-ish sound.

 

Your idea of sound, is your idea of sound - in this regard, our hobby is among the most random in existance (imo). - just a statement

My 325's definitley have more bass than treble by far, no matter which source/amp/dac/genre I'm listening too with them. Thats what is very strange about them, especially when almost everyone says what you've said, I just don't know, but this is what makes me like them so much compared too my other Grados. They are (almost) like total opposites.


Edited by joseph69 - 3/8/14 at 5:35pm
post #12617 of 24557
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 


Don't feel bad.  I believe I'm the only one in this club who doesn't like the RS1's.


lol, there's one in every bunch ! :eek: 

post #12618 of 24557
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

My 325's definitley have more bass than treble by far, no matter which source/amp/dac/genre I'm listening too with them. Thats what is very strange about them, especially when almost everyone says what you've said, I just don't know, but this is what makes me like them so much compared too my other Grados. They are (almost) like total opposites.

Have you compared your pair with other pairs directly?
post #12619 of 24557
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 


Don't feel bad.  I believe I'm the only one in this club who doesn't like the RS1's.

Well I'm probably the only one who didn't care for the GS1Ki's…after putting the RS's back on.

post #12620 of 24557
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamthinker View Post


Have you compared your pair with other pairs directly?

No, I've never had the opportunity, but almost everyone says the same thing about the 325's treble/brightness/harshness, which I have none of this, at all.

post #12621 of 24557
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

No, I've never had the opportunity, but almost everyone says the same thing about the 325's treble/brightness/harshness, which I have none of this, at all.

It would be interesting if you had another pair of 325is as a reference.
post #12622 of 24557

i've never owned the 325, but i heard joedoe's at one of out meet ups, we had the gs, rs1i, the 80i, and the 325, none were bright to me

all different, all good !

post #12623 of 24557

I guess that part of the minority of people that don't care for the RS1's.

post #12624 of 24557
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamthinker View Post


It would be interesting if you had another pair of 325is as a reference.

I'm very curious too hear another pair now.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

i've never owned the 325, but i heard joedoe's at one of out meet ups, we had the gs, rs1i, the 80i, and the 325, none were bright to me

all different, all good !

I agree, I don't even find my 80i's bright in any way, except for when I first had them, but after burn-in they sounded awesome, but even prior to burn-in the 325/RS's weren't bright too me, and I think my hearing is just fine, I think.

post #12625 of 24557

For some reason, my damn computer is not letting me correct my post, and the quote does not work either.

post #12626 of 24557
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

For some reason, my damn computer is not letting me correct my post, and the quote does not work either.

A similar problem happened too me months ago.

Below the quote/reply box, do you have the word DRAFT on one side, and if I remember correctly the other side may have said DELETE?

post #12627 of 24557

Try contacting Joe at support, here is the site;  

http://www.head-fi.org/a/support

 

Then scroll down too PRIVATE CONTACT, then click on feedback forum in the sentence below PRIVATE CONTACT and let him know whats going on, he helped me out pretty quickly twice!


Edited by joseph69 - 3/8/14 at 6:36pm
post #12628 of 24557
hey guys can u give me some suggestion for my sr60 replacement headband? someone told me that sony mdr 7506, mdr v300 and ue plattan headband fits to my sr60 but i can't find the replacement in my country. sorry for my bad english xD
post #12629 of 24557
turbulent labs headbands are very nice
post #12630 of 24557

:blink: - Maybe the only Grado I like - :veryevil: [thats why we have choice]

Quote:

Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

Don't feel bad.  I believe I'm the only one in this club who doesn't like the RS1's.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!