Or a carefully drawn out extension cord with a choice playlist will do nicely also ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 833
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well I certainly appreciate it Mr Willin! I'd love to give em a listen.
you get the link i sent you about the meet some guys are trying to organize in nashville ??
Thats where you need to get yourself a bedside rig :) An indispensable imperative to help one drift off on a evening. One final escape from the terrors of modern life before sleep encapsulates.
Or more recently
But all you need is an ipod - modi - LD1+ and of course a Grado of choice. And this will still leave room for a book, glass of water and narcotics :D
That is an awesome bedside rig
I have used my cmoy and Grado SR60i before.....but I prefer my cmoy with my iems....they just seem so much more comfortable , while I am lying in bed.....plus I can turn from side to side ect.
Thats where you need to get yourself a bedside rig An indispensable imperative to help one drift off on a evening. One final escape from the terrors of modern life before sleep encapsulates.
Or more recently
But all you need is an ipod - modi - LD1+ and of course a Grado of choice. And this will still leave room for a book, glass of water and narcotics
Well... Thats a fair point :)
I thought it had digital input. But apparently it doesn't.
Ipod - Docking station - Vdac! - LD1+ Grado's.
Both sound great straight out of my ipod too.
And there are only a handful of capable docking stations to use with an ipod so that point is obvious. These will work fine as long as they have spdif out.
Lots of people use set ups like this these days.
does anyone know how a woodied grado change in sound signature?
i was thinking of getting these ( http://turbulentlabs.com/classic-vibro/ ) for a future project for my sr225i (witch i think are a bit bright as stock)
Do a little searching. There are hundreds of answers to that question on this forum and this one:
and this one:
You won't find a definitive answer. It will depend how you implement the wood, what Grado model, pads, etc.
When I put the wooden cups on my 80i's, I actually thought the percussion instruments sounded a bit farther away, and a bit less bass.
Threw my earpads in the rubbish pile. Put the HF2s bare naked on my ears...guess what they sound like the most to me like this? My LCD2s...with less refinement. But that unmistakeable huge midrange is there.
Checked all the Grado measurements - the 225 with flats pads give me an indication of what I am hearing...indeed - a flat as a pancake midrange.
Funnily enough, the big 10 khz spike doesn't seem to register with me as excessive brightness, same as the spike in the Beyer T1 - I am OK with this.
Reconfigure my setup to include an equaliser. Yes, as I edge the 8khz slider with my LCD2s on board...that dagger like sensation starts to manifest - it does not take much at all - a 4db boost will kill me in the long term.
But it seems to me a large part of the ortho sound is the midrange flatness - and perhaps only gentle wobbles in the 300hz squares, no ragged edges here please.
Learning a craptone with my latest EQ adventures...for instance, a boost at around 100hz - as the HF2s have makes the bass sound snappier and speedier...all this and more.
This EQ business is the bees knees. With my LCD2s I have gradofied, HD650rised, and low volume orthorised. But of course, it was the whole Grado thing that got me started again...and here I finally understand where the LCD2s cannot go...they can not be trebilized like a HD800 just as the HD800 can not be orthorised like a planar. Somewhere after the 4khz slider is some kind of a brickwall. From there I have to be careful with the 8khz and 14khz sliders. I was not to know this in the past as there was never a kind of treble I wanted to emulate...until I spent more time with my HF2s...this is bright done right. I can EQ the LCD2s to sound just as good in the treble as the HF2...but I am dealing with closing on the borderline schizophrenic properties of the LCD2 treble when exposed excessively.
I would like to hear the RS1s, I definitely will purchase a pair of SR60s...these should be the cans to take it to the PX100s and PortaPros - two excellent cans in their own right.
Low level listening is where I am at right now and I think the Grado curves go will with the loudness contour. I'm talking very low level here - not even moderate...very low. Its just not worth sacrificing hearing acuity for headphones...I need my acuity in the forest for stalking prey, over there is where I use up my limited amount of good hearing to its fullest resolve...I am pretty sure there is a very limited rifle shots before I go deaf...but there is where the sacrifice is well worth it to me. I'm not going deaf sitting in my room doing jack all.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Help me chose closed over the ear headphones in between 100-200$ 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › LUMINARE amp & VERTO box, by AudioValve 3 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 7 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2