or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 830

post #12436 of 27037

I also owned the MS2i and my friend owned the SR325is (purchased at the same time) and we wound up swapping out the drivers because I liked the agressiveness of the 325's more than the bit bass heavier/less forward mids of the MS2's, and vice versa. The only reason we swapped the drivers and just didn't trade headphones was because I liked the MS2i cups (without the buttons) and he liked the 325is cups with the buttons, so I have 325is drivers with, with MS2i cups and I love them. You should really love the 325is from what you say you are looking for. The (G) cushions IMO take away from the fast/aggressiveness/intimacy that make the 325is what it is IMO, but many people do tend too use them, so its all a matter of preference. I've tried the (G's) with the 325's, and didn't care for them at all, but we all hear differently. Good luck and enjoy!!!

post #12437 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

I also owned the MS2i and my friend owned the SR325is (purchased at the same time) and we wound up swapping out the drivers because I liked the agressiveness of the 325's more than the bit bass heavier/less forward mids of the MS2's, and vice versa. The only reason we swapped the drivers and just didn't trade headphones was because I liked the MS2i cups (without the buttons) and he liked the 325is cups with the buttons, so I have 325is drivers with, with MS2i cups and I love them. You should really love the 325is from what you say you are looking for. The (G) cushions IMO take away from the fast/aggressiveness/intimacy that make the 325is what it is IMO, but many people do tend too use them, so its all a matter of preference. I've tried the (G's) with the 325's, and didn't care for them at all, but we all hear differently. Good luck and enjoy!!!

 

This is also what I'm afraid of ;) I still ordered a pair of G cushions though, but I doubt they'll replace my TTVJ flats.

post #12438 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

I also owned the MS2i and my friend owned the SR325is (purchased at the same time) and we wound up swapping out the drivers because I liked the agressiveness of the 325's more than the bit bass heavier/less forward mids of the MS2's, and vice versa. The only reason we swapped the drivers and just didn't trade headphones was because I liked the MS2i cups (without the buttons) and he liked the 325is cups with the buttons, so I have 325is drivers with, with MS2i cups and I love them. You should really love the 325is from what you say you are looking for. The (G) cushions IMO take away from the fast/aggressiveness/intimacy that make the 325is what it is IMO, but many people do tend too use them, so its all a matter of preference. I've tried the (G's) with the 325's, and didn't care for them at all, but we all hear differently. Good luck and enjoy!!!

How do you take the drivers put of the 325/MS2? Heat them up like the plastic headphones?
post #12439 of 27037

Yes, you heat up the metal cups until you can pull the driver cups out.

post #12440 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post


How do you take the drivers put of the 325/MS2? Heat them up like the plastic headphones?

Yes, I did it with a blow dryer, and being they are aluminum they heat up very quickly and I slowly pulled them apart, and them used a hot glue to re-install the drivers, worked excellent! Also the hot glue will heat up easily if I ever need to take them apart again for any reason.

post #12441 of 27037
Ok that's what I thought. I'm finding the bass on the 325is I got to be a bit too much, they have been vented (4 holes), I'm thinking of sealing 1 or 2 of them.
post #12442 of 27037

New headband from Turbulent labs for my PS500s. Was a little bit worried about installation but it only took a few minutes and didn't require any tools. Comfort is great and I think the tan leather looks great against the silver of the cups.

 

post #12443 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matro5 View Post

New headband from Turbulent labs for my PS500s. Was a little bit worried about installation but it only took a few minutes and didn't require any tools. Comfort is great and I think the tan leather looks great against the silver of the cups.


the 225s I got from the classifieds came with a black one. I really like it and will eventually get one for all my grados.
post #12444 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matro5 View Post
 

New headband from Turbulent labs for my PS500s. Was a little bit worried about installation but it only took a few minutes and didn't require any tools. Comfort is great and I think the tan leather looks great against the silver of the cups.

 

Nice! Those look great. I just got my PS500's in the mail, only to find out my ***** mixer's headphone jack is broken :/ but tomorrow my 1/4 to 1/8 adapter will come, then when my odac+amp comes that'll be even better, but luckily grados don't need amps. 

post #12445 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

Ok that's what I thought. I'm finding the bass on the 325is I got to be a bit too much, they have been vented (4 holes), I'm thinking of sealing 1 or 2 of them.

This was the main reason I liked the 325is over the MS2i…the bass.

I think the 325is is just fine stock. I tried the vent mod with my first pair of 80i's (2) holes, and hated them, they lost their excitement IMO. So I tried to fill the holes with hot glue (stupid move), and it dripped onto the drivers, and that was the end of them! So I immediately bought another pair and put the Vibro Labs "classic" wood cups on them and (L) cushions, and they sound/look beautiful. 

post #12446 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

I also owned the MS2i and my friend owned the SR325is (purchased at the same time) and we wound up swapping out the drivers because I liked the agressiveness of the 325's more than the bit bass heavier/less forward mids of the MS2's, and vice versa. The only reason we swapped the drivers and just didn't trade headphones was because I liked the MS2i cups (without the buttons) and he liked the 325is cups with the buttons, so I have 325is drivers with, with MS2i cups and I love them. You should really love the 325is from what you say you are looking for. The (G) cushions IMO take away from the fast/aggressiveness/intimacy that make the 325is what it is IMO, but many people do tend too use them, so its all a matter of preference. I've tried the (G's) with the 325's, and didn't care for them at all, but we all hear differently. Good luck and enjoy!!!

awesome man. thanks. and the way i view it that if i don't like the 325is for some reason or they are just like my magnums, i can literally just sell em on hifi and get my money back!

post #12447 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by walczyk View Post
 

Nice! Those look great. I just got my PS500's in the mail, only to find out my ***** mixer's headphone jack is broken :/ but tomorrow my 1/4 to 1/8 adapter will come, then when my odac+amp comes that'll be even better, but luckily grados don't need amps. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post


the 225s I got from the classifieds came with a black one. I really like it and will eventually get one for all my grados.

Thanks, guys! I'm pretty psyched with the way these turned out. Have fun with your odac & amp, Walczyk! 

post #12448 of 27037

OK... So I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Grado PS 500s... My intended use is for recording evaluation and using with my Yamaha CP 300 keyboard during evening sessions... I do have a Little Dot LD 1+ sitting on top of the CP 300 hooked to the unbalanced outputs(L+R)...

 

I hope they do it for me...

 

Any comments or suggestions?...

 

Little Dot:  Muses02 opamp... Voshkod tubes... Mogami interconnects...

 

PS: Anyone know how long the cable is on these?... I've been getting conflicting numbers on this...

 

PPS: Spending $600.00 for headphones makes me a little weak in the knees...

post #12449 of 27037
Quote:
Originally Posted by signet02 View Post

OK... So I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Grado PS 500s... My intended use is for recording evaluation and using with my Yamaha CP 300 keyboard during evening sessions... I do have a Little Dot LD 1+ sitting on top of the CP 300 hooked to the unbalanced outputs(L+R)...



 



I hope they do it for me...



 



Any comments or suggestions?...



 



Little Dot:  Muses02 opamp... Voshkod tubes... Mogami interconnects...



 



PS: Anyone know how long the cable is on these?... I've been getting conflicting numbers on this...



 



PPS: Spending $600.00 for headphones makes me a little weak in the knees...


 



what do you mean by "recording evaluation"?
post #12450 of 27037
I don't know what is going on but these 225s that I got have got some very deep and powerful bass. I mean the bass performance is close to my D2000. This is not how I remember my previous pair of 22d performing at all.
Edited by bassboysam - 2/28/14 at 12:29pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!