Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 809

post #12121 of 24259

Anybody here have the ALO Pan-Am dac/amp. Just wondering what it did with Grados.

post #12122 of 24259

So my RS1i have about 24 hours on them.  They're really starting to come to life.  Spent most of the evening listening via the Dragonfly in DAC mode driving the Schiit Vali.  What a inexpensive and wonderful combo!

post #12123 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


+1


how's y'alls weather joe ??

post #12124 of 24259
White! 3-4 inches I think. Luckily not too much ice.

Good thing the RS1/LD1 and Stevie wonder is keeping me warm!
post #12125 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post

White! 3-4 inches I think. Luckily not too much ice.

Good thing the RS1/LD1 and Stevie wonder is keeping me warm!


we got about 2 and counting, we got some ice to start, gs/mad has the duty tonight !

post #12126 of 24259
I'd love to feel bad for y'all but it's currently - 4F here, so I don't smily_headphones1.gif
I hope it warms up down there soon, I have some work in Houston and disappointment will be mine if it's not at least warm-ish

My wife took the kids to her sisters for a few days holiday, so the rs1's are sitting on the stand while I take the rare chance to enjoy my hi-fi!
post #12127 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post

I'd love to feel bad for y'all but it's currently - 4F here, so I don't smily_headphones1.gif
I hope it warms up down there soon, I have some work in Houston and disappointment will be mine if it's not at least warm-ish

My wife took the kids to her sisters for a few days holiday, so the rs1's are sitting on the stand while I take the rare chance to enjoy my hi-fi!


nice !, stay warm, and yes, we are whimps to the cold winter weather !

post #12128 of 24259
I should have realized this earlier, but I have to ask to be sure p, jaywillin'... You must be a little feat fan?
post #12129 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matro5 View Post

I should have realized this earlier, but I have to ask to be sure p, jaywillin'... You must be a little feat fan?


i've been known to dig "the feat" !!

 

post #12130 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post

I'd love to feel bad for y'all but it's currently - 4F here, so I don't smily_headphones1.gif
I hope it warms up down there soon, I have some work in Houston and disappointment will be mine if it's not at least warm-ish

My wife took the kids to her sisters for a few days holiday, so the rs1's are sitting on the stand while I take the rare chance to enjoy my hi-fi!

Mid to high 70s.  :smile:

post #12131 of 24259

You know headphones and headphone listening is a strange thing. I was listening to an album last night on my 325is and all of a sudden a track comes on and my jaw just dropped, it absolutely sounded like she was 4ft away from me singing right to my face. It was so real sounding it was scary. After the song ended I went back and listened to it with several other headphones, and ONLY the 325is were able to produce that effect. That is just so weird. If I could figure out what the 325 can do that those other headphones can not do I'd be a millionaire.

post #12132 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

You know headphones and headphone listening is a strange thing. I was listening to an album last night on my 325is and all of a sudden a track comes on and my jaw just dropped, it absolutely sounded like she was 4ft away from me singing right to my face. It was so real sounding it was scary. After the song ended I went back and listened to it with several other headphones, and ONLY the 325is were able to produce that effect. That is just so weird. If I could figure out what the 325 can do that those other headphones can not do I'd be a millionaire.

I understand Washington state is legal, right?:D

post #12133 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post

You know headphones and headphone listening is a strange thing. I was listening to an album last night on my 325is and all of a sudden a track comes on and my jaw just dropped, it absolutely sounded like she was 4ft away from me singing right to my face. It was so real sounding it was scary. After the song ended I went back and listened to it with several other headphones, and ONLY the 325is were able to produce that effect. That is just so weird. If I could figure out what the 325 can do that those other headphones can not do I'd be a millionaire.

I will tell you exactly what it is, as I've pondered the same ever since I heard my first pair of 225's.

Grados are the only cans I've ever heard that seem like they are designed to make you forget you're wearing headphones. Everything else I've ever listen to has some sort of coloration in a way that sounds unnatural or reminds me that it's been digitally enhanced through bass boost or treble peak. My RS1s are a perfect example. First cans out of 50 or 60 that to me sound exactly like sitting in a jazz club. Positioning, timbre, separation, balance. It's all there.

Are Grados the most comfortable? No. Most aesthetically pleasing? No. Although the RS1s are damn sexy. But they do one thing really well which is to me, exactly what all headphone manufacturers should strive for: Reproducing real musical experience.

I tweeted this idea at Grado headphones a few days ago and they responded by telling me this is one of the highest compliments they could ever be paid.
post #12134 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

I understand Washington state is legal, right?:D

That is exactly what I was thinking...

post #12135 of 24259
Dig the Feat Jay. Your timing is impeccable as usual. Good to find your music now that the other thread just disappeared. Keep it coming. Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!