Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 807

post #12091 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

If I bought the SR80i.....I think I would buy the L cushion....before the G-cushion....that is just my opinion though.

 

Could you tell me why you would make this decision? I could buy the Ear Zonk L and G cushions if I got a bit more money being they are cheap. Good idea maybe?

post #12092 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood013 View Post

I'm gonna throw this in here real quick. I'm planning on buying the sr80i's, some ear pads, and an amp. I hear the g cushions are the best for grado headphones, can anyone back this? If so define the sound and comfort they give you.

No, you want the L-Cush which are on the better SR/RS models.

The G-Cush are not designed for this series of Grados.

Enjoy

post #12093 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

No, you want the L-Cush which are on the better SR/RS models.

The G-Cush are not designed for this series of Grados.

Enjoy

So what about the G-Cush is bad for the sr80i's?

post #12094 of 19439

Well, I consider the L- cushions to be the best cushion for most of the Grado phones, other than the ones that come with the G-cushion as the standard cushion.

 

The G-cushion is more comfortable than the L-cushion, though the L is comfortable also, at least for me.

 

You will get a larger sound stage with the G-cushion, but you will have less bass as a result....you will also need to crank the volume a little, but no big deal there.

 

The L- cushion is a better cushion than the s-cushion, which comes on the SR80i as the standard cushion.

 

You may get other people saying that the g-cushion is better for the sR80i, and you may even think so yourself....so take this as just my opinion.

post #12095 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood013 View Post
 

So what about the G-Cush is bad for the sr80i's?

1. high cost

2. crap performance

3. they will make you look like Princess Leia

post #12096 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood013 View Post

I'm gonna throw this in here real quick. I'm planning on buying the sr80i's, some ear pads, and an amp. I hear the g cushions are the best for grado headphones, can anyone back this? If so define the sound and comfort they give you.

The problem with opinions is that everybody has at least one.

 

Some folks don't like the G-Cush.

 

I like the G-Cush.  Bigger soundstage, more comfortable.

 

You should try it with the option to return if you don't like it.

 

Your question will get lots of pluses and minuses but won't tell you a thing about how it sounds on your head.

post #12097 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Well, I consider the L- cushions to be the best cushion for most of the Grado phones, other than the ones that come with the G-cushion as the standard cushion.

 

The G-cushion is more comfortable than the L-cushion, though the L is comfortable also, at least for me.

 

You will get a larger sound stage with the G-cushion, but you will have less bass as a result....you will also need to crank the volume a little, but no big deal there.

 

The L- cushion is a better cushion than the s-cushion, which comes on the SR80i as the standard cushion.

 

You may get other people saying that the g-cushion is better for the sR80i, and you may even think so yourself....so take this as just my opinion.

I'm gonna buy the Ear Zonk L and G pads more than likely. That won't cost much so why not?

post #12098 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

The problem with opinions is that everybody has at least one.

 

Some folks don't like the G-Cush.

 

I like the G-Cush.  Bigger soundstage, more comfortable.

 

You should try it with the option to return if you don't like it.

 

Your question will get lots of pluses and minuses but won't tell you a thing about how it sounds on your head.

I'm gonna buy the Ear Zonk L and G pads more than likely. That won't cost much so why not?

post #12099 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

1. high cost

2. crap performance

3. they will make you look like Princess Leia

But what if the people around me like guys that look like princess Leia?


Edited by Jwood013 - 2/11/14 at 3:17pm
post #12100 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood013 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

The problem with opinions is that everybody has at least one.

 

Some folks don't like the G-Cush.

 

I like the G-Cush.  Bigger soundstage, more comfortable.

 

You should try it with the option to return if you don't like it.

 

Your question will get lots of pluses and minuses but won't tell you a thing about how it sounds on your head.

I'm gonna buy the Ear Zonk L and G pads more than likely. That won't cost much so why not?

Wise, is my opinion.

post #12101 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood013 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

1. high cost

2. crap performance

3. they will make you look like Princess Leia

But what if the people around me like guys that look like princess Leia?

LOL!

post #12102 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post
 

Hey all.. Thanks for your insights wrt the PS500 and RS1i.  Just got back from exchanging the PS500 for the RS1i.  Was also going to get the G cusions but they were out of stock. Now I have to sit through 4 hours of meetings, take the train home and plug them in.  Can't wait!

 

Edit - since they came with the adaptor, trying it out of my iPhone5 right now.  Sweet! Much better, even out of the box than the PS500 well broken in. The treble peaks are there but if they smooth out, nailed it!

The highs on mine definitely toned down, enjoy!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood013 View Post

I'm gonna throw this in here real quick. I'm planning on buying the sr80i's, some ear pads, and an amp. I hear the g cushions are the best for grado headphones, can anyone back this? If so define the sound and comfort they give you.

(L) cushions.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood013 View Post
 

I'm gonna buy the Ear Zonk L and G pads more than likely. That won't cost much so why not?

Good idea, listen for yourself, enjoy!

post #12103 of 19439

Just received the (G) cushions for the RS1i's tonight. Seems UPS gave them to someone else waiting for a washing machine part from Sears and opened the package (even though it had my name/address on it, and slipped a letter in the envelope to as why they took so long to get too me (which was nice of them to send them to me) So later on tonight i'll do some listening with them, which I already know I will enjoy from trying them from the broken GS1Ki's before I returned them.

post #12104 of 19439

It's no secret that pads swapping is a cheap and easy way to significantly change the sound of Grado headphones. Personnally, I have the stock earpads on my GS and PS1000, I have TTVJ flats on my HP1000, and SR80i, and I think that the Bushmills X sound simply amazing with the L-cush.

 

I don't know why Grado even bothers with the comfies, because it seems that almost everybody that swaps them, ends up preferring the G, L, or flats. Maybe the comfies are cheaper to produce, and if that's the case, I'm sure they sell enough SR60i and 80i, to make a significant difference on their bottom line. 

post #12105 of 19439
Most non-head-fiers I know prefer the comfies. Not as bright, more bass and more comfortable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!