and gs1000i on ebay, auction at $401, free shipping 2 days left , again, just passing it along
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 806post #12076 of 127412/10/14 at 7:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12077 of 127412/10/14 at 8:03pmpost #12078 of 127412/10/14 at 8:09pmQuote:
Not a must have, but they do both of those things for most Grados. However, sometimes - like on some of the Prestige models and RS models - the increase in soundstage can be at the expense of detail or some report that it muddies the mids and/or affects the bass and treble. Your mileage may vary.
It bears mentioning that pad swapping Grados can totally change their sound on the cheap so if you're wondering whether you should buy, pick up a pair of the Ear Zonk G cushes from Amazon to see how they sound!post #12079 of 127412/10/14 at 8:31pm
Hey thanks for your insight and info! Like you said, I think I'll buy the cheaper Ear Zonk G cushions and see how the sound/comfort differ compared to the L cushions.
Edited by leadbythemelody - 2/10/14 at 8:41pmpost #12080 of 127412/11/14 at 3:09amQuote:
Congrats....nice choice in headphones, especially for rock....you are in for a real treat with electric guitars....enjoy
Indeed you have...congratsQuote:
I do not think they are a must have for any Grado, but they are pretty sweet for certain ones.
I have recently changed my mind on the G-cushion and RS1i combo....it is far better than I first thought that it was....I need to crank my amp up a little....but they sound pretty damn sweetpost #12081 of 127412/11/14 at 4:40amQuote:
I should be getting my G-cushions today to try on my 225i's. Mostly, I'm looking for improvement in comfort from them.post #12082 of 127412/11/14 at 4:52amQuote:
I should have received my (G) cushions for the RS1i's last Friday, but as of last night I still haven't received them, hopefully I'll get them tonight.post #12083 of 127412/11/14 at 9:01am
Hey all.. Thanks for your insights wrt the PS500 and RS1i. Just got back from exchanging the PS500 for the RS1i. Was also going to get the G cusions but they were out of stock. Now I have to sit through 4 hours of meetings, take the train home and plug them in. Can't wait!
Edit - since they came with the adaptor, trying it out of my iPhone5 right now. Sweet! Much better, even out of the box than the PS500 well broken in. The treble peaks are there but if they smooth out, nailed it!
Edited by MickeyVee - 2/11/14 at 10:02ampost #12084 of 127412/11/14 at 9:18ampost #12085 of 127412/11/14 at 9:45amSince we are sort of on the topic of pad rolling, I thought I'd share my impressions of the Ear Zonk L and G Cush versus the Grado version.
Ls: interesting. The EZ is a touch shallower and doesn't have the ring of reinforced foam on the driver side that the Grados do. The foam is also of a different texture. Not sure if it's more or less dense. To me it sounds like the love child of the Grado L Cush and TTVJ flats. More bass than the L and less than the flat. Not kuch change in mids or treble to my ears.
Gs: much more similar. The EZ G is slightly softer but pretty much the same shape and size. Sounds the same as the Grado G to me. Bigger soundstage and slightly pulled back mids on my RS1i.post #12086 of 127412/11/14 at 10:22ampost #12087 of 127412/11/14 at 10:30ampost #12088 of 127412/11/14 at 10:42ampost #12089 of 127412/11/14 at 1:40pmpost #12090 of 127412/11/14 at 2:32pmI'm gonna throw this in here real quick. I'm planning on buying the sr80i's, some ear pads, and an amp. I hear the g cushions are the best for grado headphones, can anyone back this? If so define the sound and comfort they give you.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 56 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Alo Audio Tripple Pipe 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Topping D3 (JUNE 2013 RELEASE) (DAC + Headphone Amp) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude