Hey guys, are the g-cushion's a must-have for any grado headphones? Do they really increase the soundstage and comfort levels?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 806
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not a must have, but they do both of those things for most Grados. However, sometimes - like on some of the Prestige models and RS models - the increase in soundstage can be at the expense of detail or some report that it muddies the mids and/or affects the bass and treble. Your mileage may vary.
It bears mentioning that pad swapping Grados can totally change their sound on the cheap so if you're wondering whether you should buy, pick up a pair of the Ear Zonk G cushes from Amazon to see how they sound!
Hey thanks for your insight and info! Like you said, I think I'll buy the cheaper Ear Zonk G cushions and see how the sound/comfort differ compared to the L cushions.
Edited by leadbythemelody - 2/10/14 at 8:41pm
Congrats....nice choice in headphones, especially for rock....you are in for a real treat with electric guitars....enjoy
Indeed you have...congrats
I do not think they are a must have for any Grado, but they are pretty sweet for certain ones.
I have recently changed my mind on the G-cushion and RS1i combo....it is far better than I first thought that it was....I need to crank my amp up a little....but they sound pretty damn sweet
I should be getting my G-cushions today to try on my 225i's. Mostly, I'm looking for improvement in comfort from them.
I should have received my (G) cushions for the RS1i's last Friday, but as of last night I still haven't received them, hopefully I'll get them tonight.
Hey all.. Thanks for your insights wrt the PS500 and RS1i. Just got back from exchanging the PS500 for the RS1i. Was also going to get the G cusions but they were out of stock. Now I have to sit through 4 hours of meetings, take the train home and plug them in. Can't wait!
Edit - since they came with the adaptor, trying it out of my iPhone5 right now. Sweet! Much better, even out of the box than the PS500 well broken in. The treble peaks are there but if they smooth out, nailed it!
Edited by MickeyVee - 2/11/14 at 10:02am
Ls: interesting. The EZ is a touch shallower and doesn't have the ring of reinforced foam on the driver side that the Grados do. The foam is also of a different texture. Not sure if it's more or less dense. To me it sounds like the love child of the Grado L Cush and TTVJ flats. More bass than the L and less than the flat. Not kuch change in mids or treble to my ears.
Gs: much more similar. The EZ G is slightly softer but pretty much the same shape and size. Sounds the same as the Grado G to me. Bigger soundstage and slightly pulled back mids on my RS1i.
If I bought the SR80i.....I think I would buy the L cushion....before the G-cushion....that is just my opinion though.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado e Series 30 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Senheiser 650, help with dac/amp/sc/setup for PC 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › audio-technica ATH-A2000X 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)