Hey guys, are the g-cushion's a must-have for any grado headphones? Do they really increase the soundstage and comfort levels?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 806
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not a must have, but they do both of those things for most Grados. However, sometimes - like on some of the Prestige models and RS models - the increase in soundstage can be at the expense of detail or some report that it muddies the mids and/or affects the bass and treble. Your mileage may vary.
It bears mentioning that pad swapping Grados can totally change their sound on the cheap so if you're wondering whether you should buy, pick up a pair of the Ear Zonk G cushes from Amazon to see how they sound!
Hey thanks for your insight and info! Like you said, I think I'll buy the cheaper Ear Zonk G cushions and see how the sound/comfort differ compared to the L cushions.
Edited by leadbythemelody - 2/10/14 at 8:41pm
Congrats....nice choice in headphones, especially for rock....you are in for a real treat with electric guitars....enjoy
Indeed you have...congrats
I do not think they are a must have for any Grado, but they are pretty sweet for certain ones.
I have recently changed my mind on the G-cushion and RS1i combo....it is far better than I first thought that it was....I need to crank my amp up a little....but they sound pretty damn sweet
I should be getting my G-cushions today to try on my 225i's. Mostly, I'm looking for improvement in comfort from them.
I should have received my (G) cushions for the RS1i's last Friday, but as of last night I still haven't received them, hopefully I'll get them tonight.
Hey all.. Thanks for your insights wrt the PS500 and RS1i. Just got back from exchanging the PS500 for the RS1i. Was also going to get the G cusions but they were out of stock. Now I have to sit through 4 hours of meetings, take the train home and plug them in. Can't wait!
Edit - since they came with the adaptor, trying it out of my iPhone5 right now. Sweet! Much better, even out of the box than the PS500 well broken in. The treble peaks are there but if they smooth out, nailed it!
Edited by MickeyVee - 2/11/14 at 10:02am
Ls: interesting. The EZ is a touch shallower and doesn't have the ring of reinforced foam on the driver side that the Grados do. The foam is also of a different texture. Not sure if it's more or less dense. To me it sounds like the love child of the Grado L Cush and TTVJ flats. More bass than the L and less than the flat. Not kuch change in mids or treble to my ears.
Gs: much more similar. The EZ G is slightly softer but pretty much the same shape and size. Sounds the same as the Grado G to me. Bigger soundstage and slightly pulled back mids on my RS1i.
If I bought the SR80i.....I think I would buy the L cushion....before the G-cushion....that is just my opinion though.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 2 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 13 seconds ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 27 seconds ago
- › Westone 3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › How does amp circuitry work? 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › geek out 720 black 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3