Hey guys, are the g-cushion's a must-have for any grado headphones? Do they really increase the soundstage and comfort levels?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Could use some help on new purchase Last post on 5/8/13 at 3:11am in Headphones (full-size)
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 806
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not a must have, but they do both of those things for most Grados. However, sometimes - like on some of the Prestige models and RS models - the increase in soundstage can be at the expense of detail or some report that it muddies the mids and/or affects the bass and treble. Your mileage may vary.
It bears mentioning that pad swapping Grados can totally change their sound on the cheap so if you're wondering whether you should buy, pick up a pair of the Ear Zonk G cushes from Amazon to see how they sound!
Hey thanks for your insight and info! Like you said, I think I'll buy the cheaper Ear Zonk G cushions and see how the sound/comfort differ compared to the L cushions.
Edited by leadbythemelody - 2/10/14 at 8:41pm
Congrats....nice choice in headphones, especially for rock....you are in for a real treat with electric guitars....enjoy
Indeed you have...congrats
I do not think they are a must have for any Grado, but they are pretty sweet for certain ones.
I have recently changed my mind on the G-cushion and RS1i combo....it is far better than I first thought that it was....I need to crank my amp up a little....but they sound pretty damn sweet
I should be getting my G-cushions today to try on my 225i's. Mostly, I'm looking for improvement in comfort from them.
I should have received my (G) cushions for the RS1i's last Friday, but as of last night I still haven't received them, hopefully I'll get them tonight.
Hey all.. Thanks for your insights wrt the PS500 and RS1i. Just got back from exchanging the PS500 for the RS1i. Was also going to get the G cusions but they were out of stock. Now I have to sit through 4 hours of meetings, take the train home and plug them in. Can't wait!
Edit - since they came with the adaptor, trying it out of my iPhone5 right now. Sweet! Much better, even out of the box than the PS500 well broken in. The treble peaks are there but if they smooth out, nailed it!
Edited by MickeyVee - 2/11/14 at 10:02am
Ls: interesting. The EZ is a touch shallower and doesn't have the ring of reinforced foam on the driver side that the Grados do. The foam is also of a different texture. Not sure if it's more or less dense. To me it sounds like the love child of the Grado L Cush and TTVJ flats. More bass than the L and less than the flat. Not kuch change in mids or treble to my ears.
Gs: much more similar. The EZ G is slightly softer but pretty much the same shape and size. Sounds the same as the Grado G to me. Bigger soundstage and slightly pulled back mids on my RS1i.
If I bought the SR80i.....I think I would buy the L cushion....before the G-cushion....that is just my opinion though.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 15 seconds ago
- › What Happened to Head-Fi? (Rant) 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 5 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 6 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)