Very nice, congratulations once again LOL. When you get the amp and headphones, give a heads up on how you like them. BTW, 18 years left on the warranty…thats nuckin futs!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 802
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the lcd-x's got here tuesday, they are good, real, real good , and the mad can drive them, the little ican can drive them
If you're interested in more amps stuff you should look into speaker amping! I'm going to be making some speaker taps w/resistors as a new project, the LCD-x should respond crazy well and there's even reports that grados can sound stunning on a speaker setup...
noooo, didn't get the ps1000, just the bha-1, i thought about it for a second, getting it instead of the amp
just couldn't swing it, another time
i've been kinda curious about that, i checked out the little emotiva amp when i went there a couple of months ago
its a pretty substantial, cool looking little piece, seems a lot of folks use them for amping cans
i'm making just a little box that routes stereo to a 1/4", and a simple design that allows for quick resistor changes. nothing fancy or balanced but i think it should be pretty simple
the reports (particularly from Malveaux, whom i know you know of from this site) are far more than minor differences, so i think it's worth checking out. plus i think it would be super fun to get some vintage tube stereo amps and play with that! i'm interested simply cause i have a lot of hi-fi gear and i kinda get 2 for 1 usability out of a stereo amp rather than a headphone only deal...
This is a nice one from Gilbert at Blue Circle that can adjust loads via switches:
Edited by parbaked - 2/8/14 at 4:13pm
i want to give a heads up on a really , really good solid state amp for grado's, and its pretty affordable
the ifi ican,
i bid on one on ebay for the hell of it, and won.
the gimmicks, tricks, "features" i don't usually go for, but these (base boost, and 3d) aren't too bad
i find the bass boost the more useful feature.
i mean, we change pads, or tubes to get a slightly different sounds,
listening to the rs1i through it, and thinking, "this could use a little fuller sound, just move a switch
and even at the flat settings, its very good, smooth, liquid sound
it really surprised me how much i like it, it won't take the place of my mad, it would take the place of a little dot
if i had one, i'm a tube guy first, but if you're a solid state person, this would work just fine
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Losing virginity late in life 21 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 22 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 55 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)