Very nice, congratulations once again LOL. When you get the amp and headphones, give a heads up on how you like them. BTW, 18 years left on the warranty…thats nuckin futs!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 802
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the lcd-x's got here tuesday, they are good, real, real good , and the mad can drive them, the little ican can drive them
If you're interested in more amps stuff you should look into speaker amping! I'm going to be making some speaker taps w/resistors as a new project, the LCD-x should respond crazy well and there's even reports that grados can sound stunning on a speaker setup...
noooo, didn't get the ps1000, just the bha-1, i thought about it for a second, getting it instead of the amp
just couldn't swing it, another time
i've been kinda curious about that, i checked out the little emotiva amp when i went there a couple of months ago
its a pretty substantial, cool looking little piece, seems a lot of folks use them for amping cans
i'm making just a little box that routes stereo to a 1/4", and a simple design that allows for quick resistor changes. nothing fancy or balanced but i think it should be pretty simple
the reports (particularly from Malveaux, whom i know you know of from this site) are far more than minor differences, so i think it's worth checking out. plus i think it would be super fun to get some vintage tube stereo amps and play with that! i'm interested simply cause i have a lot of hi-fi gear and i kinda get 2 for 1 usability out of a stereo amp rather than a headphone only deal...
This is a nice one from Gilbert at Blue Circle that can adjust loads via switches:
Edited by parbaked - 2/8/14 at 4:13pm
i want to give a heads up on a really , really good solid state amp for grado's, and its pretty affordable
the ifi ican,
i bid on one on ebay for the hell of it, and won.
the gimmicks, tricks, "features" i don't usually go for, but these (base boost, and 3d) aren't too bad
i find the bass boost the more useful feature.
i mean, we change pads, or tubes to get a slightly different sounds,
listening to the rs1i through it, and thinking, "this could use a little fuller sound, just move a switch
and even at the flat settings, its very good, smooth, liquid sound
it really surprised me how much i like it, it won't take the place of my mad, it would take the place of a little dot
if i had one, i'm a tube guy first, but if you're a solid state person, this would work just fine
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 23 seconds ago
- › New in the Headphone World Looking for an Amp 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › My Little Pony Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Need a replacement for Westone 3's 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3