Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 802

post #12016 of 18472

Very nice, congratulations once again LOL. When you get the amp and headphones, give a heads up on how you like them. BTW, 18 years left on the warranty…thats nuckin futs!!!

post #12017 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Very nice, congratulations once again LOL. When you get the amp and headphones, give a heads up on how you like them. BTW, 18 years left on the warranty…thats nuckin futs!!!


the lcd-x's got here tuesday, they are good, real, real good , and the mad can drive them, the little ican can drive them

post #12018 of 18472

Sweet! Would love to try out the LCD-X but waiting to see how the HE-560 pans out. Congrats on the PS1000/BHA-1!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

the lcd-x's got here..

post #12019 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post


the lcd-x's got here tuesday, they are good, real, real good , and the mad can drive them, the little ican can drive them

If you're interested in more amps stuff you should look into speaker amping! I'm going to be making some speaker taps w/resistors as a new project, the LCD-x should respond crazy well and there's even reports that grados can sound stunning on a speaker setup...
post #12020 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post
 


noooo, didn't get the ps1000, just the bha-1, i thought about it for a second, getting it instead of the amp

just couldn't swing it, another time

post #12021 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post


If you're interested in more amps stuff you should look into speaker amping! I'm going to be making some speaker taps w/resistors as a new project, the LCD-x should respond crazy well and there's even reports that grados can sound stunning on a speaker setup...


i've been kinda curious about that, i checked out the little emotiva amp when i went there a couple of months ago

its a pretty substantial, cool looking little piece, seems a lot of folks use them for amping cans

post #12022 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


i've been kinda curious about that, i checked out the little emotiva amp when i went there a couple of months ago

its a pretty substantial, cool looking little piece, seems a lot of folks use them for amping cans

 

i'm making just a little box that routes stereo to a 1/4", and a simple design that allows for quick resistor changes.  nothing fancy or balanced but i think it should be pretty simple

the reports (particularly from Malveaux, whom i know you know of from this site) are far more than minor differences, so i think it's worth checking out.  plus i think it would be super fun to get some vintage tube stereo amps and play with that!  i'm interested simply cause i have a lot of hi-fi gear and i kinda get 2 for 1 usability out of a stereo amp rather than a headphone only deal...

post #12023 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post
 

 

i'm making just a little box that routes stereo to a 1/4", and a simple design that allows for quick resistor changes.  nothing fancy or balanced but i think it should be pretty simple

This is a nice one from Gilbert at Blue Circle that can adjust loads via switches:


Edited by parbaked - 2/8/14 at 4:13pm
post #12024 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

This is a nice one from Gilbert at Blue Circle where adjust loads via switches:

Pretty! Thanks for that, I think I'll steal the switch idea wink.gif
post #12025 of 18472

I have been thinking about grabbing me a vintage receiver.....one that can power some hungry cans :D

post #12026 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post


Pretty! Thanks for that, I think I'll steal the switch idea wink.gif

Nice, you can send me one as a thank you!

For 32 and 300 ohm cans...please...

:beerchug: 

post #12027 of 18472
Whirlwind I'm born in 1950, so 19 years old at Woodstock . I'm retired on a fixed iincome. But like the song says I know a thing or two about love. But mostly love of music. Talk about uncompressed music files even Steve Job said it best there is nothing like vinyl. Talk about rolling tube and amps I just cleanned up an MA6100 vintage McIntosh intergrated amp and a Pionner sx1010 and trust this old fart the sound is bad to the bone. Being nostalgic I'm always looking for accurate sound reproduction. I even like the buzz of
post #12028 of 18472
Guess I hit send too soon. I was saying I love to hear the vacuum tubes hum out of Neil Young's Marshal vintage amps. It's those little imperfections that revive in me my appreciation of the quality of the sound that was being put out in those days. Listen to Soul Sacrifice '69 by Carlos Santana. As much feed back as there was and noises that didn't belong the sounds that came thru were so incredibly good. The chords coming from the bass guitar are just plain out of this world and I wouldn't even try to touch the subject of Carlos guitar or his drummer. The quality of the vintage hifi is what started all of this. To sum it up that's what my Grado's do for me. I don't live in a cabin in the mountains any more I live in town near doctors and such. I can't just crank out 4x100watt hpm60 pionner speakers like I use to. But my goodness do I love my Grados. 20$ a week I save for a pair of ps500i. I really enjoy any ideas you might have that would help me put all this good vinyl on files without loosing their vintage qualities.
post #12029 of 18472

i want to give a heads up on a really , really good solid state amp for grado's, and its pretty affordable

the ifi ican,

i bid on one on ebay for the hell of it, and won.

the gimmicks, tricks, "features" i don't usually go for, but these (base boost, and 3d) aren't too bad

i find the bass boost the more useful feature.

i mean, we change pads, or tubes to get a slightly different sounds,

listening to the rs1i through it, and thinking, "this could use a little fuller sound, just move a switch

and even at the flat settings, its very good, smooth, liquid sound

it really surprised me how much i like it, it won't take the place of my mad, it would take the place of a little dot

if i had one, i'm a tube guy first, but if you're a solid state person, this would work just fine

post #12030 of 18472

Looking forward to joining this club oneday.

 

For now I'm stuck with no money though. Grado headphones in general attract the love/hate with the name and sound.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!