Very nice, congratulations once again LOL. When you get the amp and headphones, give a heads up on how you like them. BTW, 18 years left on the warranty…thats nuckin futs!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 802
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the lcd-x's got here tuesday, they are good, real, real good , and the mad can drive them, the little ican can drive them
If you're interested in more amps stuff you should look into speaker amping! I'm going to be making some speaker taps w/resistors as a new project, the LCD-x should respond crazy well and there's even reports that grados can sound stunning on a speaker setup...
noooo, didn't get the ps1000, just the bha-1, i thought about it for a second, getting it instead of the amp
just couldn't swing it, another time
i've been kinda curious about that, i checked out the little emotiva amp when i went there a couple of months ago
its a pretty substantial, cool looking little piece, seems a lot of folks use them for amping cans
i'm making just a little box that routes stereo to a 1/4", and a simple design that allows for quick resistor changes. nothing fancy or balanced but i think it should be pretty simple
the reports (particularly from Malveaux, whom i know you know of from this site) are far more than minor differences, so i think it's worth checking out. plus i think it would be super fun to get some vintage tube stereo amps and play with that! i'm interested simply cause i have a lot of hi-fi gear and i kinda get 2 for 1 usability out of a stereo amp rather than a headphone only deal...
This is a nice one from Gilbert at Blue Circle that can adjust loads via switches:
Edited by parbaked - 2/8/14 at 4:13pm
i want to give a heads up on a really , really good solid state amp for grado's, and its pretty affordable
the ifi ican,
i bid on one on ebay for the hell of it, and won.
the gimmicks, tricks, "features" i don't usually go for, but these (base boost, and 3d) aren't too bad
i find the bass boost the more useful feature.
i mean, we change pads, or tubes to get a slightly different sounds,
listening to the rs1i through it, and thinking, "this could use a little fuller sound, just move a switch
and even at the flat settings, its very good, smooth, liquid sound
it really surprised me how much i like it, it won't take the place of my mad, it would take the place of a little dot
if i had one, i'm a tube guy first, but if you're a solid state person, this would work just fine
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The ALL NEW Hifiman HE1000 "The Can that Can" sans Rolex Thread 8 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 48 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 50 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 5 minutes ago
- › WYRED 4 SOUND W4S DAC2 8 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 8 minutes ago
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2