Very nice, congratulations once again LOL. When you get the amp and headphones, give a heads up on how you like them. BTW, 18 years left on the warranty…thats nuckin futs!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 802
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the lcd-x's got here tuesday, they are good, real, real good , and the mad can drive them, the little ican can drive them
If you're interested in more amps stuff you should look into speaker amping! I'm going to be making some speaker taps w/resistors as a new project, the LCD-x should respond crazy well and there's even reports that grados can sound stunning on a speaker setup...
noooo, didn't get the ps1000, just the bha-1, i thought about it for a second, getting it instead of the amp
just couldn't swing it, another time
i've been kinda curious about that, i checked out the little emotiva amp when i went there a couple of months ago
its a pretty substantial, cool looking little piece, seems a lot of folks use them for amping cans
i'm making just a little box that routes stereo to a 1/4", and a simple design that allows for quick resistor changes. nothing fancy or balanced but i think it should be pretty simple
the reports (particularly from Malveaux, whom i know you know of from this site) are far more than minor differences, so i think it's worth checking out. plus i think it would be super fun to get some vintage tube stereo amps and play with that! i'm interested simply cause i have a lot of hi-fi gear and i kinda get 2 for 1 usability out of a stereo amp rather than a headphone only deal...
This is a nice one from Gilbert at Blue Circle that can adjust loads via switches:
Edited by parbaked - 2/8/14 at 4:13pm
i want to give a heads up on a really , really good solid state amp for grado's, and its pretty affordable
the ifi ican,
i bid on one on ebay for the hell of it, and won.
the gimmicks, tricks, "features" i don't usually go for, but these (base boost, and 3d) aren't too bad
i find the bass boost the more useful feature.
i mean, we change pads, or tubes to get a slightly different sounds,
listening to the rs1i through it, and thinking, "this could use a little fuller sound, just move a switch
and even at the flat settings, its very good, smooth, liquid sound
it really surprised me how much i like it, it won't take the place of my mad, it would take the place of a little dot
if i had one, i'm a tube guy first, but if you're a solid state person, this would work just fine
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 21 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV 34 seconds ago
- › Mee a151 1 minute ago
- › The Stax SR-507 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Crossfade LP recabling help 3 minutes ago
- › Replace Mixer w/ Focusrite Scarlett 6i6? 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)