Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 775

post #11611 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

I once saw on (Tech Toys), which is a TV show were they show the latest/greatest gadgets, there is a company that will waterproof any electronic device, they actually submerged A cell phone in water after applying there waterproofing technology and nothing happen to it. I don't know the name of the company, but I'm sure if you do some research you will find it, and I'm sure it is a bit costly.

I'm thinking more in the way of a cover i can remove, a piece of cloth with a rubber band in it.

i know the company, but i'm pretty sure it'll ruin the sound of these babies.
post #11612 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

I once saw on (Tech Toys), which is a TV show were they show the latest/greatest gadgets, there is a company that will waterproof any electronic device, they actually submerged A cell phone in water after applying there waterproofing technology and nothing happen to it. I don't know the name of the company, but I'm sure if you do some research you will find it, and I'm sure it is a bit costly.


we have somebody here in town the does this, "nano coating" i think thats the process, not the company name

post #11613 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

I have a very silly question:

Is there a way to "waterproof/dustproof" the PS-1000? These are my portable headphones, and i'm looking for a sort of "breathing" cover/bag so that i can use them, airflow not very impacted, in very light drizzle.

Found it!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #11614 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


we have somebody here in town the does this, "nano coating" i think thats the process, not the company name

I once thought about doing it to my MBP, but the thought came and went.

post #11615 of 19439

it was bound to happen !!

the lyr i shipped to mattTCG in ga. DOA (it wasn't when it left here)

we are about to test USPS insurance , bless us dear lord ! lol

post #11616 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

Found it!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hahaha.

I'm laughing now, but wearing one of those next week. It's perfect.
post #11617 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

it was bound to happen !!

the lyr i shipped to mattTCG in ga. DOA (it wasn't when it left here)

we are about to test USPS insurance , bless us dear lord ! lol

Sorry to hear this, wasn't this a new amp originally purchased by you?

As long as it was insured for the value of the item, you should have no trouble, but it mat take USPS some time to investigate the issue, good luck.

post #11618 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

it was bound to happen !!

the lyr i shipped to mattTCG in ga. DOA (it wasn't when it left here)

we are about to test USPS insurance , bless us dear lord ! lol

 

Man, sorry to hear this....hopefully everything works out.

post #11619 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Sorry to hear this, wasn't this a new amp originally purchased by you?

As long as it was insured for the value of the item, you should have no trouble, but it mat take USPS some time to investigate the issue, good luck.


no this was a used one,and actually i got it from him !, and he got it used too i believe i'm sure it'll work out, i spoke with matt, he's being very cool about it too,

post #11620 of 19439
Here ya go...

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


tongue.gif

Heh, even better biggrin.gif

Edited by bearFNF - 1/22/14 at 5:16pm
post #11621 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post

Here ya go...

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


tongue.gif

Heh, even better biggrin.gif

I would wear that last one XD
post #11622 of 19439
Anyone tried aune t1 with grado?
post #11623 of 19439
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepku View Post

Anyone tried aune t1 with grado?

I had one with my Alessandro MS1s. If you can get a warmer tube like an Amperex orange globe or a nice Mullard it certainly can make those sing.
post #11624 of 19439

Just some random thoughts on the RS1, I don't have the "i".....

 

When I first got these I really liked them pretty well, I thought they were a pretty ok improvement from what had which is the SR-80 and HF-2. The more I use them, I just can't stop listening. They just do "music" right, I am able to forget I and dive head first into any album. It is a much more resolving headphone that I originally thought. I think once you give your ears time to adjust they are just heavenly. These phones definitely have a magic that most phones start out with but fades with time. These phones actually get better & better(at least for me) and they are just dang comfy. I know this is a sticking point for some people, but man these are so light I forget I even have them on sometimes. Also, I know this is not a popular thing on head-fi but I just love listening to these things without an amp and man do they sound good!!

post #11625 of 19439

HI all!

 

I have not been able to post very often, or even read the thread due to a lot of stuff going on.

 

But, I do want to publicly that Jay for helping me to achieve some of the finest listening experiences I have ever had.  It started with swapping my HE-5LE for his RS1i, which I did not like at all.  I still beleive that my 225i's give me what I want from Grado, and the raw immedateness I get from those cans is totally absent from the RS1.  I already have smooth, revealing headphones that the RS1 cannot stand up against.  This is not so much a knock on the RS1's as they are a glowing recommendation for the 225's.  I fell even more in llove with their sound.

 

So I sent the RS1's back to Jay, and he made the interesting offer of keeping the 5LE's in exchange for his Burson Soloist.  All I can say is that the Burson and Grado's combine to give me the finest experience I have ever had in Head-Fi.  And for demanding material, I have the Alpha Dogs, which are a whole different topic.

 

Thanks Jay!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!