Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 766

post #11476 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

I'm trying to open up my SR60i earcup. Been heating it with hairdryer for like 2-3mins, it's not coming off am now leaving it to steam on top of boiling water xD 

Never knew taking it off was so hard T.T

The hair dryer combined with a fork/spoon works the best IME (a tapered handle utensil in case you haven't heard of it)
I couldn't get mine apart until I tried this method and it worked very well
post #11477 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post


The hair dryer combined with a fork/spoon works the best IME (a tapered handle utensil in case you haven't heard of it)
I couldn't get mine apart until I tried this method and it worked very well

I'll try that when I really can't open it xD

post #11478 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

I'll try that when I really can't open it xD

its not hard, just heat em up and pry... if your hands aren't strong enough use a spoon...

post #11479 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaco17 View Post
 

its not hard, just heat em up and pry... if your hands aren't strong enough use a spoon...

will the plastic break? @.@

post #11480 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

will the plastic break? @.@

lol no, use a hair dryer to warm up the glue... then take a metal spoon and put the neck (the thin part between the ends) in the space between the cup halves and twist. Work at it slowly and add more heat on occasion as needed. This method is covered briefly referenced in...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/560806/sr60-mod-part-ii

post #11481 of 24259
I would've described it better sorry I'm in the middle of nowhere with poor service. Thanks kvtaco for that link

But no it doesn't break anything, it actually works great and caused no damage at all on my 80's
post #11482 of 24259

ITS COMING OFF SLOWLYYYY XD XD XD I decided to insert some more force into it and its pilling off :D

 

I'm in xD


Edited by BillsonChang007 - 1/16/14 at 6:47pm
post #11483 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post

I would've described it better sorry I'm in the middle of nowhere with poor service. Thanks kvtaco for that link

But no it doesn't break anything, it actually works great and caused no damage at all on my 80's

No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

ITS COMING OFF SLOWLYYYY XD XD XD I decided to insert some more force into it and its pilling off :D

 

I'm in xD


WIN!

post #11484 of 24259

well, what a day, the MAD Ear got here, then 2 hours later, the rs1i arrived back home, both the gs1k and rs1 sound great with the mad,

right now, the biggest surprise isn't how good the mapletree is, i expected it to be very good, it was how well the lyr compared to the mapletree,

it really held its own, but i've already packed it up, its going back to the guy i got it from,

now , i suspect, a lot of listening !

post #11485 of 24259
Would getting Bowl pads for my 60i's be a good thing? And if so, which ones should i go for? The only ones in amazon are the L cushions made by Ear Zonk. For $9.99. But i think they look a bit different than other bowls I've seen.

Thanks for any help.
post #11486 of 24259
I don't love the bowls on my sr80 but for 9.99 you may really like them. I have g-Cush and ttvj flats on order so I'll have the whole range of pads, for the cost it's the best way to change up the sound
post #11487 of 24259

So I just bit the bullet and bought me some GS1000's.....I am very excited to hear these!! I am pretty sure I am going to like them, but everyone is so divided on these headphones.

post #11488 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oteil View Post
 

So I just bit the bullet and bought me some GS1000's.....I am very excited to hear these!! I am pretty sure I am going to like them, but everyone is so divided on these headphones.

congrats !!

 


i just got some a couple of weeks ago myself, i love them, i had lent my rs1i's out, and they just got back yesterday,

i'm just now starting to compare the two

post #11489 of 24259

I can't wait to compare as well. I love my RS-1!!!

post #11490 of 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oteil View Post
 

So I just bit the bullet and bought me some GS1000's.....I am very excited to hear these!! I am pretty sure I am going to like them, but everyone is so divided on these headphones.


Yeah, congrats are in order here.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!