Not those girls again! They weren't at the last meet I went to.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 760
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oh, I didn't realize, I thought you swapped for these also.
When you get the RS's back are you going to sell one off, or keep both the GS and RS?
that's the $64,000 question ! lol
it all depends on what happens with the HE-5LE and the rs1i, it looks like i'm liking the 5LE more than swspiers is liking the rs1i
i wouldn't think i'd keep both the rs1, and gs1000, just kinda up in the air now
well thanks to head-fi i found a great set of RS1i at a great price (thanks dgcrane), they should arrive here in 3-4 days so i'm pretty excited. i hope they are what i want, meaning a more refined SR80
even if i love the RS1 i won't sell my 80's, those will probably follow me around forever. probably no more grado upgrade path for me unless i can't stand the RS1 and then i'll try one of the other ones, but next on my upgrade list is a tube amp and some LCD-X...probably in 2 years when i can justify that $$$
Congrats, you are going to be a very happy man
Well guys I attended the Seattle Head-Fi meet and finally got to hear some RS1i's after all this time. Here is what I think, and this should probably come as no surprise to any of you, I need to sell both of the Grados I have now (325i and 225i) and buy an RS1i. It does everything both of those phones do and does it better. It wasn't my favorite phone from the meet, but I know that there will be times no matter what, when I am going to be needing a Grado fix and for those times, I am going to have to have 1 with me so why not consolidate everything that is Grado, into one phone. So my advice to anybody who is really really sure they like the Grado sound and comfort (which has never been an issue for me) is avoid all the upgrading and just get an Rs1i and be done with it. If anyone is interested in my impressions of the other phones I heard there I'd be happy to post, but as this is the Grado topic I thought I'd keep it restricted to just Grado. For what it is worth, nobody brought any other Grados, I was hoping to hear some PS500 or 1000, maybe even a GS1000i but none of that happened. Maybe next time.
Sounds like a great plan, I eventually got rid of my 325i also, after getting my RS1i....I kept it for awhile, but it never got any head time, so I finally sold it and stashed the money for a future amp purchase.
As of right now, it is very hard for me to unplug my RS1i from my MAD EAR and plug in another headphone.
So, due to a faulty headphone output on my Macbook, I found myself in need of a USB audio solution. I decided to pick up the Dragon based on the portability and rave reviews ( not to mention the huge price drop from $250 down to $99 ) to power my PS500s.
Full disclosure, I don't have any interest in diving too deep into the world of amps and DACs at this point. In fact, one of the reasons I've always loved Grados is their ability to sound great out of just about anything. With that said, I'm pretty psyched about the Dragonfly. The first thing available when I plugged the Dragonfly in was Take the Power Back by Rage Against the Machine via Spotify Premium - a good but not exceptional source...Whoa. The bass line, the drums, I don't remember this sounding like this.
With Grados especially, I remain a firm believer that headphones make the biggest difference ( after source). But, maybe there is something to all of these DACs and amps you guys are always talking about.
The only downside is that for the same hundred bucks the amp that really piqued my curiosity would have been the Schiit Vali, but the real driving force here was the need for portability and USB connectivity, so the Dragonfly fit the bill perfectly.
Yeah, Grados do not need an amp.....but you will definitely get the most out of your headphones if you do amp them.
You will get more of what their full potential is.
In your case, the PS500 is a very nice set of headphones, so why not let them shine to their potential.
Congrats on your purchase and enjoy the combo.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of FiiO from the 23rd Shanghai International High-End... 27 seconds ago
- › Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015 29 seconds ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 48 seconds ago
- › Turbulent Labs IEM cables 53 seconds ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN, W11JPN, W3000ANV 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 8 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 10 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2