Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 757

post #11341 of 18633
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Must.....resist. devil_face.gif

I have owned the SR60i, and have a pair of SR80 pinks. Have also owned the 325is (chrome) and have mucked about with the 225 and 225i as well as the Magnum X.

I regretted selling my 325is a lot...the build quality trumps all of the other Grados, and the sound was well worth the upgrade.

I used an adaptor, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to reterminate or recable. That's the only mod you will ever need on them, unlike the rest of the lineup smily_headphones1.gif.

Speaking of...why have I not gone back to them? The modding bug...
post #11342 of 18633

Loved those damn chromies!

post #11343 of 18633
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Jay...tells us more about the GS1000i


i totally missed your request !!

 

they are real , real good !!! lol  :gs1000smile:

post #11344 of 18633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

 

words to live by !!!


Jay-you're the Grado king...what do you say-is the 225 or 325 the better buy in terms of price point?

post #11345 of 18633
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


Jay-you're the Grado king...what do you say-is the 225 or 325 the better buy in terms of price point?


nooooooo king here, i haven't heard the 80, 125, or 325,

post #11346 of 18633

jaywillin, so which would you prefer, the RS or the GS, or are they two totally different headphones IYO?

post #11347 of 18633

Hey Grado fans, 

 

Happy PS500 owner here, but the new Bushmills have me wondering...where can I get that headband? If, as I assume, it's not available  from Grado, what are the best aftermarket options? 

 

I'm aware of the Turbulent Labs Manta, but I'd prefer a more natural tan like the Bushmills. Anyone have any good recommendations? 

 

thanks!

post #11348 of 18633
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

jaywillin, so which would you prefer, the RS or the GS, or are they two totally different headphones IYO?


i'm not sure if i prefer one over the other, they are both great. the first impression was the gs is like a ps500 on steroids ,because of the bass presence  but the more i listen, its more than just a bigger 500, the treble is so detailed, no hardness,

i can see value in having both the rs1 and the gs, kinda like having the rs1 and the ps500 is a great combo

how's that for a non- committal answer ??

 

oh, and thanks to you mr joseph, i'm lusting after the WA6 !!  its all your fault lol  :D

post #11349 of 18633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matro5 View Post
 

Hey Grado fans, 

 

Happy PS500 owner here, but the new Bushmills have me wondering...where can I get that headband? If, as I assume, it's not available  from Grado, what are the best aftermarket options? 

 

I'm aware of the Turbulent Labs Manta, but I'd prefer a more natural tan like the Bushmills. Anyone have any good recommendations? 

 

thanks!

Ask Turbulent to make you one in a natural finish.

Or take any Grado band to a leather shop and they can make you a custom replacement easy.

post #11350 of 18633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


i'm not sure if i prefer one over the other, they are both great. the first impression was the gs is like a ps500 on steroids ,because of the bass presence  but the more i listen, its more than just a bigger 500, the treble is so detailed, no hardness,

i can see value in having both the rs1 and the gs, kinda like having the rs1 and the ps500 is a great combo

how's that for a non- committal answer ??

 

oh, and thanks to you mr joseph, i'm lusting after the WA6 !!  its all your fault lol  :D

Your killing me!!! Now I would definitely love to hear the GS's, I may order them to listen from B&H Photo. Good luck with the WA6 hope you enjoy it plus you've had/have quite a few amps to compare it to. Are you ordering it from Woo with the outputs, or have you found one on the for sale forums?

post #11351 of 18633
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Your killing me!!! Now I would definitely love to hear the GS's, I may order them to listen from B&H Photo. Good luck with the WA6 hope you enjoy it plus you've had/have quite a few amps to compare it to. Are you ordering it from Woo with the outputs, or have you found one on the for sale forums?


i had found one on the sale forum, back when i messaged you about the pre-outs, but i couldn't swing it at the time, and can't right now either,

but that lead me to emailing woo, and i found out from frank, that they could do it

post #11352 of 18633
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post


Jay-you're the Grado king...what do you say-is the 225 or 325 the better buy in terms of price point?

Having owned both, the difference in sound quality was not that great. 325 is much more 'premium' feeling , with the metal cups & leather headband, but it's heavy and I actually preferred the 225 in the end as it's far more comfortable to wear.

However, I'd say save up for a used RS2i or RS1i- that's were you'll get a real sonic improvement over the SR80 ... And you'll only end up wanting one anyway ......
post #11353 of 18633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


nooooooo king here, i haven't heard the 80, 125, or 325,


Cool-I was just going to say to buyers, that I looked at the 80, 225 and 325 and for $200 retail, the 225 was the sweet spot for me...no regrets. Out of the box, no tweeks except the tape mod, I find it a tad less fatiguing than the 325-and much of my music is fatiguing!

post #11354 of 18633
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


Cool-I was just going to say to buyers, that I looked at the 80, 225 and 325 and for $200 retail, the 225 was the sweet spot for me...no regrets. Out of the box, no tweeks except the tape mod, I find it a tad less fatiguing than the 325-and much of my music is fatiguing!


well, all kidding aside, especially if you buy used, above the 225, that pesky law of diminishing returns start kicking in

post #11355 of 18633
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnottj View Post


However, I'd say save up for a used RS2i or RS1i- that's were you'll get a real sonic improvement over the SR80 ... And you'll only end up wanting one anyway ......

I think the RS1 is it it's own league because it has larger cups which do affect the sound. They also have sweet metal gimbals!

 

225 has same drivers and cables as the 325 and RS2. One can argue there are sonic benefits having the inner and outer cups made from the same material.

 

For $100 more, 325 adds the metal cups and leather headband. Sonic improvement depends on metal outer cups sounding better than plastic cups. These weigh more and are arguably less comfortable.

 

For $300 more than the 225, the RS2 gets you one piece wood cups and the leather headband. Sonic improvement depends on benefits of wood over metal/plastic and one piece cups over glued two piece cups.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!