Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 755

post #11311 of 18506
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


pre amplifier outputs, allows the headphone amp to control an amplifier, or on my case, powered speakers

 

There are a number of ways that the output from a headphone amp work:

 

1. Some are just line out pass through so one can put the headphone amp in the chain if one's amp/pre-amp doesn't have a tape out. In this case the volume control on the Woo will not impact sound. This function allows one to stick a headphone amp between the source and speaker amp without impacting speaker amp SQ.

2. Some are passive pre-amp (MAD are like this) where the signal is attenuated by the Woo's volume control but their is no added pre-amplification. You hear exactly what the source produces, but you can adjust volume. This function is ideal for powered speakers.

3. A true pre-amp will amplify the signal from the source and send a stronger signal to the amp than if the source is attached to the amp directly. Decware CSP driving the Taboo is an example of a true pre-amp that impacts the SQ rather than just allowing volume control function. 

post #11312 of 18506
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

 

There are a number of ways that the output from a headphone amp work:

 

1. Some are just line out pass through so one can put the headphone amp in the chain if one's amp/pre-amp doesn't have a tape out. In this case the volume control on the Woo will not impact sound. This function allows one to stick a headphone amp between the source and speaker amp without impacting speaker amp SQ.

2. Some are passive pre-amp (MAD are like this) where the signal is attenuated by the Woo's volume control but their is no added pre-amplification. You hear exactly what the source produces, but you can adjust volume. This function is ideal for powered speakers.

3. A true pre-amp will amplify the signal from the source and send a stronger signal to the amp than if the source is attached to the amp directly. Decware CSP driving the Taboo is an example of a true pre-amp that impacts the SQ rather than just allowing volume control function. 


i got through school using cliff notes !

much more thoroughly explained, thanks !    :D 

 

crib, cliff, i can't remember how i got through school !!


Edited by jaywillin - 1/3/14 at 8:25am
post #11313 of 18506
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

Can't wait to read your impressions about them, because in my opinion, the GS1000i are very underrated.

absolutely agree here

post #11314 of 18506

the gs1000i has arrived, still cold from the ups truck, its in great shape, martin audio gimbals/rods, very , very comfortable

post #11315 of 18506

Nice, congratulations, can't wait to hear your impressions on them, as I mentioned, I'm a bit curious to as they sound. Also if you get the time maybe some pic's? I didn't know they had work done by Martin Audio, they must look great! Enjoy!

post #11316 of 18506
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

the gs1000i has arrived, still cold from the ups truck, its in great shape, martin audio gimbals/rods, very , very comfortable

Uhhh I want some of his gimbals :tongue_smile:

I fantasized about the GS1000i's for a week while I was bidding on some on the bay :P 

post #11317 of 18506

just some quick pics of the newest addition

 

 

 

 

 

and i've received word that my rs1i's made it to their destination today (swspiers) safe and sound

post #11318 of 18506

^ Great looking cans! ^

post #11319 of 18506
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

just some quick pics of the newest addition

 

 

and i've received word that my rs1i's made it to their destination today (swspiers) safe and sound

 

How do you like them in relation to the RS1i?

post #11320 of 18506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomeplay View Post
 

 

How do you like them in relation to the RS1i?


i haven't spent a great deal of time with them, but my initial reaction is, "the ps500 and the rs1i , had a child, and it grew up to be a gs1000i"

they have that bass, mid-bass signature, hump/bump of the 500, without being muddy, to my ears anyway..

i think the rs1i is maybe more evenly balanced,

the soundstage thrown by the gs is much bigger

more listening to do, more impressions to come !

post #11321 of 18506
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


i haven't spent a great deal of time with them, but my initial reaction is, "the ps500 and the rs1i , had a child, and it grew up to be a gs1000i"

they have that bass, mid-bass signature, hump/bump of the 500, without being muddy, to my ears anyway..

i think the rs1i is maybe more evenly balanced,

the soundstage thrown by the gs is much bigger

more listening to do, more impressions to come !

Looking forward to it for sure.

post #11322 of 18506

I'm a recent fan of the Grado house sound, I'm even enjoying EDM with my SR80i, which may seem strange to some. 

Soon enough I want to replace them with SR325, all this having owned SR80i less than a week. 

Here's some appreciation for the Grado fan club. I made this up while eating bacon & eggs this morning here in Australia.


post #11323 of 18506
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

I'm a recent fan of the Grado house sound, I'm even enjoying EDM with my SR80i, which may seem strange to some. 


You are not alone! 

post #11324 of 18506
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I'm a recent fan of the Grado house sound, I'm even enjoying EDM with my SR80i, which may seem strange to some. 


Soon enough I want to replace them with SR325, all this having owned SR80i less than a week. 


Here's some appreciation for the Grado fan club. I made this up while eating bacon & eggs this morning here in Australia.



I like EDM with my SR60s!
post #11325 of 18506
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

You are not alone! 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformatron View Post


I like EDM with my SR60s!


Haha, I think they're pretty cool indeed. SR80i cost about $159 Aud here in Australia from Addicted to Audio, I picked this pair up on eBay for $90 Aud in as new condition. I was speaking to the seller via eBay msgs, he was experiencing  sellers remorse the day he was to post them, only he gave in because he needs something with more isolation for train rides. And I agree throw some metal, rock or acoustic tracks at them and they really shine. I still enjoy them with most genre's from pop to EDM. 

:beerchug:
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!