Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 750

post #11236 of 17406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer View Post
 

RS1i in the house. Can't wait to give them a listen.

Congratulations...have a shot of Bushmills first...

post #11237 of 17406

haha...sounds like good advise.

post #11238 of 17406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer View Post
 

RS1i in the house. Can't wait to give them a listen.

Good for you, I like them very much, I use them exclusively with my WA6/Meridian, I'm sure you will like them.

post #11239 of 17406
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Good for you, I like them very much, I use them exclusively with my WA6/Meridian, I'm sure you will like them.

In just a few songs I've already determined I like them better than the Bushmills and probably my beloved 325's as well. 

post #11240 of 17406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer View Post

In just a few songs I've already determined I like them better than the Bushmills and probably my beloved 325's as well. 
yup. Grados line-up (SR to RS) definitely gets better as you move up the chain. Whether or not the change in sound is worth the price is up to each individual but for me I would spend as much as I could afford. Buying used always helps too smily_headphones1.gif
post #11241 of 17406

Tonights playlist for the RS1i  & MAD EAR will be as follows

 

1 very cold six pack of Michelob Amberbock

 

Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky

 

Beatles - 1

 

Cheap Trick - Lap Of Luxury

 

Gov't Mule Mix

 

Robert Cray - Sweet Potatoe Pie

 

Show starts in about 15 min.  :D 

post #11242 of 17406
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post

Tonights playlist for the RS1i  & MAD EAR will be as follows

1 very cold six pack of Michelob Amberbock

Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky

Beatles - 1

Cheap Trick - Lap Of Luxury

Gov't Mule Mix

Robert Cray - Sweet Potatoe Pie

Show starts in about 15 min.  biggrin.gif  
Behold, THE MULE!!!
govt mule is coming to Huntsville in February !
post #11243 of 17406

Wish I could be there to have the pleasure of seeing them.

 

Are you going, Jay ?

post #11244 of 17406
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post

Wish I could be there to have the pleasure of seeing them.

Are you going, Jay ?
Not sure yet, I've seen them, one of their first shows was in Macon, at Liz reeds music hall, its on the ga bootleg album set
post #11245 of 17406

I agree that in the SR series paying more will get you more, but after that, I think that the Bushmills are changing the natural order of things.

 

That being said,I sincerly hope that you, (ArmAndHammer) will enjoy the RS1i. I look forward to reading your impressions on how they compare to the Bushmills.

post #11246 of 17406
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post

Tonights playlist for the RS1i  & MAD EAR will be as follows

1 very cold six pack of Michelob Amberbock

Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky

Beatles - 1

Cheap Trick - Lap Of Luxury

Gov't Mule Mix

Robert Cray - Sweet Potatoe Pie

Show starts in about 15 min.  biggrin.gif  

Love me some Amberbock!
post #11247 of 17406
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post


yup. Grados line-up (SR to RS) definitely gets better as you move up the chain. Whether or not the change in sound is worth the price is up to each individual but for me I would spend as much as I could afford. Buying used always helps too smily_headphones1.gif

A few years ago when I was trying out the Grados, I tried the RS1 and RS2 and at the time I didn't feel like there was enough improvement to warrant the price difference between the two and I ended up going home with the SR325's anyways, But since I got a smokin' deal on these RS1's, I couldn't pass them up. After selling my Bushmills for a profit on ebay, I basically paid $200 for the RS1i. Can't beat that with a stick.

post #11248 of 17406

Grados GS1000i owner here.

post #11249 of 17406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer View Post
 

A few years ago when I was trying out the Grados, I tried the RS1 and RS2 and at the time I didn't feel like there was enough improvement to warrant the price difference between the two and I ended up going home with the SR325's anyways, But since I got a smokin' deal on these RS1's, I couldn't pass them up. After selling my Bushmills for a profit on ebay, I basically paid $200 for the RS1i. Can't beat that with a stick.


I guess, you got a DEAL, if I could find some at around that price I'd jump on it in a second.

post #11250 of 17406
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 


I guess, you got a DEAL, if I could find some at around that price I'd jump on it in a second.


There's an RS1i on the FS forum for $430.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!