Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 734

post #10996 of 25225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

well after a couple of hours with ttvj flats on my rs1i's, one thing is for sure, the flats aren't as comfortable as the L's

I didn't think so myself.

How did you like the sound compared to the (L's)

post #10997 of 25225
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

I didn't think so myself.

How did you like the sound compared to the (L's)


well, the flats definitely have more bass, which helps with some music, hurts with others, if i had to pick just one right now, i'd go with the L's

but i've just had them a few hours now, time will tell, i am glad i got them though

post #10998 of 25225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


well, the flats definitely have more bass, which helps with some music, hurts with others, if i had to pick just one right now, i'd go with the L's

but i've just had them a few hours now, time will tell, i am glad i got them though

I wasn't thrilled when I got them, but then one night I decided to try them with my 80's and they were better with some music like you said. They do have a lot of bass!

post #10999 of 25225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

my little box from todd the vinyl junkie got here friday, i got my flats , and they are on the rs1i now, interesting......

 

I too, have recieved my flats last Friday, ever since I've tryed my HP1000's flats on my SR80i, I've been having a hard time listening to them with the Lpads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer View Post
 

Same with the Bushmills. They are SOOOO light. I don't find the 325's uncomfy really but I am using G-cushes on them so that makes a big difference in comfort, and sound.

 

If I remember correctly, so far, you said you didn't care much for the stock comfies, so you switched to the L-cushs, wich you seemed to like very much. I'd like to know what you think of the G-cushes, and if you have them, I suppose you're going to try the flats, anyway, I look forward to read more of you're impressions.

post #11000 of 25225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

well after a couple of hours with ttvj flats on my rs1i's, one thing is for sure, the flats aren't as comfortable as the L's

Similar to grado pads, the ttvj flats benefit from a wash or 2. I soak them in warm water and fabric softener and that helped make the more comfy.
post #11001 of 25225
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

 

I too, have recieved my flats last Friday, ever since I've tryed my HP1000's flats on my SR80i, I've been having a hard time listening to them with the Lpads.

 

If I remember correctly, so far, you said you didn't care much for the stock comfies, so you switched to the L-cushs, wich you seemed to like very much. I'd like to know what you think of the G-cushes, and if you have them, I suppose you're going to try the flats, anyway, I look forward to read more of you're impressions.

 

Comfies suck, L-cush decent but not as comfy, G-cush is where it's at. Both on the 325's and the Bushmills. Still can't believe Grado only threw comfies on the Bushmills...$400 headphones I expected L-cushes at least, should have been G-cushes from the start.


Edited by ArmAndHammer - 12/15/13 at 9:25pm
post #11002 of 25225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

you know how things go with youtube, one thing leads to another, and another, then you find a gem

 

I listen to Jeff on a regular basis....not a bad album out of all of them.

post #11003 of 25225

I feel that short listening sessions (30-45 mins) with the comfies are great... but then they really compress and start to squash my ear. The L-cush seemed really comfy, although not sure about how they fit on my ears, I can't make my mind up if I like them or not!  And the G-cush (ear zonk) are very comfy until they start to get a bit scratchy round my ears... may try the fabric conditioner!

Oh and I'm sending the 325is's back... I was quoted £60 for the repair and I just can't afford that right now!

post #11004 of 25225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


well, the flats definitely have more bass, which helps with some music, hurts with others, if i had to pick just one right now, i'd go with the L's

but i've just had them a few hours now, time will tell, i am glad i got them though


I did not like the flats on my RS1....too much bass for me.

 

I think Grado got it right, shipping the RS1i with the L-cushion

post #11005 of 25225
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWorne View Post
 

I feel that short listening sessions (30-45 mins) with the comfies are great... but then they really compress and start to squash my ear. The L-cush seemed really comfy, although not sure about how they fit on my ears, I can't make my mind up if I like them or not!  And the G-cush (ear zonk) are very comfy until they start to get a bit scratchy round my ears... may try the fabric conditioner!

Oh and I'm sending the 325is's back... I was quoted £60 for the repair and I just can't afford that right now!

Definitely send them back, you will find another pair in really nice condition, I'm sure. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 


I did not like the flats on my RS1....too much bass for me.

 

I think Grado got it right, shipping the RS1i with the L-cushion

I also thought there was way to much bass with the flats, but from what I understand, they used to come with them.

I didn't think they were too bad with the 80i's though.

post #11006 of 25225
The RS1i never came with flats. the RS1 did. I've never heard the RS1i, but I can I don't find the bass is overwhelming when I use flats on the RS1.
post #11007 of 25225

Hello

I posted this on the general equipment list but it may be better here due to your Grado expertise.

 

Just bought a new pair of Grado RS2i's and was wondering what you would suggest for a Dac/Headphone Amp and if I need both.

I would use this to listen to music from my MacBook (CD, Flac and MP3) and also from my iPhone.

 

I am looking to keep it under $400 if that is possible.

 

I have looked at the Little Dot MK II MK2 MKII TubeLDMK, and Hifiman EF-2A.

 

Not sure about the DAC and where hey fit in the chain.

 

Any help would be appreciated.

post #11008 of 25225
Just picked up the LD 1+ from Jay, now I'm headed to two hours of Christmas gig rehearsals. It's going to be a long two hours knowing those Telefunken's aren't feeding my 225's…
post #11009 of 25225
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post

Just picked up the LD 1+ from Jay, now I'm headed to two hours of Christmas gig rehearsals. It's going to be a long two hours knowing those Telefunken's aren't feeding my 225's…


i hope you enjoy it joe , it was my pleasure , whoops feedback !

post #11010 of 25225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renato6 View Post
 

Hello

I posted this on the general equipment list but it may be better here due to your Grado expertise.

 

Just bought a new pair of Grado RS2i's and was wondering what you would suggest for a Dac/Headphone Amp and if I need both.

I would use this to listen to music from my MacBook (CD, Flac and MP3) and also from my iPhone.

 

I am looking to keep it under $400 if that is possible.

 

I have looked at the Little Dot MK II MK2 MKII TubeLDMK, and Hifiman EF-2A.

 

Not sure about the DAC and where hey fit in the chain.

 

Any help would be appreciated.

Ld 1+ amp or Schiit Magni/Modi combo, the Magni is a SS amp, and the Modi is the DAC.

I use both the Magni/Ld1+ with the Modi DAC for my MBP at my desk, and enjoy either combos together.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!