or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 733

post #10981 of 27706
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

my little box from todd the vinyl junkie got here friday, i got my flats , and they are on the rs1i now, interesting......

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

my little box from todd the vinyl junkie got here friday, i got my flats , and they are on the rs1i now, interesting......

Let us know how you like them.

I liked them on the 80i's, but that was it me.

post #10982 of 27706

When I was trying out Grados, I tried hard to like the 225's more than the 325's because of price difference...couldn't force myself. I took the 325's home. I found that modding them helped alot at taming what harshness there was but I didn't find mine to be harsh to start with. Maybe I got lucky with mine or maybe there's a slight difference in the older models? I don't know and I'm pretty sensitive to bright headphones...some much so that I had some Alessandro's a while back that where so horrible I wanted to shove an icepick in my ears to make the terrible noise stop. But I can understand not wanting to mod yours since there's no guarantee it will help in your situation and people aren't likely going to want to buy already modded headphones.

post #10983 of 27706
I enjoy how bright the Grados are... Although I don't think that the sr125i's are that bright? What do you guys think? But I want more wink.gif
post #10984 of 27706
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotto123 View Post
 


I probably should have said too harsh instead of bright. It's the treble that's too much for my ears. I actually quite like the bright sound, as it really has me tapping my toes and feeling the music. Does this change your opinion?


225i/325is are both bright headphones, no worries there! I also found the 325is harsher, but the difference was minor compared with the difference in comfort. I just couldn't wear the 325is for more than about 1/2 hour, whereas the plastic Grados I find perfectly comfortable.

 

I have some RS2 now, and they are even lighter ... practically melt away once the music starts :smile:

post #10985 of 27706

Same with the Bushmills. They are SOOOO light. I don't find the 325's uncomfy really but I am using G-cushes on them so that makes a big difference in comfort, and sound.

post #10986 of 27706
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnottj View Post
 


225i/325is are both bright headphones, no worries there! I also found the 325is harsher, but the difference was minor compared with the difference in comfort. I just couldn't wear the 325is for more than about 1/2 hour, whereas the plastic Grados I find perfectly comfortable.

 

I have some RS2 now, and they are even lighter ... practically melt away once the music starts :smile:

 

Thanks for your input. Will have to give the 325is' a good listen to over the next couple of hours to see if I can adjust.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWorne View Post
 

PM'd you! :)

Also, what cans do you have at the minute?
Have you heard the 125i's?  I love mine but just thought I would try the 325's! :)
I was thinking we could do a bit of a trade? But I don't know what you have at the minute anyway :)

 

I just replied to your PM. Just have the HD600's at the moment, and a pair of K601's should be on their way. I'm kind of tempted to sell both of these though and pay a bit more to get the T1 or Rs1i though - I mean I'm probably going to get there eventually :gs1000smile:

post #10987 of 27706

you know how things go with youtube, one thing leads to another, and another, then you find a gem

 

post #10988 of 27706

^
Most excellent pick. I'm glad to see that Jeff Healey has gone well beyond of his Toronto roots. I've been a fan since the 1980s when he got started. Such a sad story losing his vision to cancer as a young child (only 1 year old) and then dying at a young age (41)....I'm currently 41...way too young to go and he was such a fantastic talent!

post #10989 of 27706

i forget where i saw him first, it was before him being in roadhouse, but he was a one of a kind talent for sure

post #10990 of 27706
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

i forget where i saw him first, it was before him being in roadhouse, but he was a one of a kind talent for sure

:beerchug:

post #10991 of 27706
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer View Post
 

Same with the Bushmills. They are SOOOO light. I don't find the 325's uncomfy really but I am using G-cushes on them so that makes a big difference in comfort, and soun

Between the 80i's (Vibro wooden cups), 325is's,  RS1i's, obviously the 325is the heaviest, but strangly enough I find them to be the most comfortable.

a friend of mine was once over l's (first) with no comment on their comfort at all, but when he put the 325's on , he immediatley commented on how comfortable he thought they were.

And like I've said before, I don't find them harsh in any way at all either, but I do find them very different from the 80/RS.

post #10992 of 27706

I have to really fiddle with my 225i's to get them to sit correctly so that they don't squish my ears.  When I first had them, I had a 10-minute threshold before I had to take them off.

 

Grado's are a funny can.  When I treat them like any other headphone, regarding fit and volume, they are downright unbearable.  But, adjust them a little back so they don't squish the tips of my ears, and keep the volume decent but never above 100 dB, but usually around 85 dB, and they are my favorite go-to headphone

post #10993 of 27706
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 

I have to really fiddle with my 225i's to get them to sit correctly so that they don't squish my ears.  When I first had them, I had a 10-minute threshold before I had to take them off.

 

Grado's are a funny can.  When I treat them like any other headphone, regarding fit and volume, they are downright unbearable.  But, adjust them a little back so they don't squish the tips of my ears, and keep the volume decent but never above 100 dB, but usually around 85 dB, and they are my favorite go-to headphone

Try pulling the band into a horizontal shape from just above the rod blocks, and hold it like that for about 15-20 seconds, you may have to do this quite a few times before they eventually form into a U shape, and there will be no pressure in your ears, the drivers will just lay nicely on you're ears…comfortably. 

post #10994 of 27706

well after a couple of hours with ttvj flats on my rs1i's, one thing is for sure, the flats aren't as comfortable as the L's

post #10995 of 27706
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Try pulling the band into a horizontal shape from just above the rod blocks, and hold it like that for about 15-20 seconds, you may have to do this quite a few times before they eventually form into a U shape, and there will be no pressure in your ears, the drivers will just lay nicely on you're ears…comfortably. 


Uh yeah, I've done that too. Very sensitive tips on my ears.  Once they sit a certain way, I'm good for hours though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!