Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes it is! One could probably never believe it!
Like I said, doesn't look like much at all.
We could have saved you $100. Open the cups and open 2 holes. But, you'd still be out the L-Cush pads and the 8-conductor cable.
Doubt it's the listening room....sound of the ac would interfere with critical listening tests
Am I allowed to be surprised to see this is Grado Labs? O.o their products deserve a better birth place!!!!!!!
Hey, I also have a pair of Ohm Walsh 5's that I use every day that I bought new in 1985. They still sound great.
My GS1000i phones are one of my favorites and I also use them almost every day.
Walsh 5's look pretty awesome. There's a pair of Ohm Walsh DOUBLE F's on 'bay. My downstairs neighbor would hate me if I had a set of those.
Why say that? I lived in a townhome for a number of years and shared a common wall with my neighbor. We had some kind of agreement ... and I was able to use my SVS "water heater" subwoofer.
Yes I can.
My speaker of choice actually led me to try Grado's. Ohm Acoustics is also manufactured in Brooklyn. They are built by hand, and each speaker is tuned by ear, pretty much just like Grado.
The thing that makes them special is the Omni-directional design using a form of Walsh driver. It's an inverted driver than reproduces the entire frequency range up to 8000 Hz, where a super tweeter takes over. The soundstage is MASSIC, and the imaging is scary in its precision. They are not well-known, but they have a dedicated following that goes back to the 70's.
More info can be found here : http://www.ohmspeaker.com/speakers/
I personally have the Ohm Micro Walsh Talls, and I used to own a pair of Ohm F's. I doubt that I will ever need to buy another speaker brand- they are simply amazing.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 3 seconds ago
- › AKG K612 PRO headphones (UK) *reduced* 42 seconds ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Centrance Mini-M8 7 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 8 minutes ago
- › [AUD] Monster Turbine Pro Copper - In-Ear Speakers 10 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 11 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 12 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 12 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)