Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on Today at 5:12 am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes it is! One could probably never believe it!
Like I said, doesn't look like much at all.
We could have saved you $100. Open the cups and open 2 holes. But, you'd still be out the L-Cush pads and the 8-conductor cable.
Doubt it's the listening room....sound of the ac would interfere with critical listening tests
Am I allowed to be surprised to see this is Grado Labs? O.o their products deserve a better birth place!!!!!!!
Hey, I also have a pair of Ohm Walsh 5's that I use every day that I bought new in 1985. They still sound great.
My GS1000i phones are one of my favorites and I also use them almost every day.
Walsh 5's look pretty awesome. There's a pair of Ohm Walsh DOUBLE F's on 'bay. My downstairs neighbor would hate me if I had a set of those.
Why say that? I lived in a townhome for a number of years and shared a common wall with my neighbor. We had some kind of agreement ... and I was able to use my SVS "water heater" subwoofer.
Yes I can.
My speaker of choice actually led me to try Grado's. Ohm Acoustics is also manufactured in Brooklyn. They are built by hand, and each speaker is tuned by ear, pretty much just like Grado.
The thing that makes them special is the Omni-directional design using a form of Walsh driver. It's an inverted driver than reproduces the entire frequency range up to 8000 Hz, where a super tweeter takes over. The soundstage is MASSIC, and the imaging is scary in its precision. They are not well-known, but they have a dedicated following that goes back to the 70's.
More info can be found here : http://www.ohmspeaker.com/speakers/
I personally have the Ohm Micro Walsh Talls, and I used to own a pair of Ohm F's. I doubt that I will ever need to buy another speaker brand- they are simply amazing.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo 41 seconds ago
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 53 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E17: Mint and complete 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU World's First Patent Pending Hybrid Earbuds--Alpha 1 2 minutes ago
- › Toslink signal switcher/selector device, one source to two outputs? 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)