Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
This is a Review of Brainwavz S5 in-ear monitors. http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html I was a little cautious approaching the review of the latest flagship in-ear model from Brainwavz. With a...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 superior if...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes it is! One could probably never believe it!
Like I said, doesn't look like much at all.
We could have saved you $100. Open the cups and open 2 holes. But, you'd still be out the L-Cush pads and the 8-conductor cable.
Doubt it's the listening room....sound of the ac would interfere with critical listening tests
Am I allowed to be surprised to see this is Grado Labs? O.o their products deserve a better birth place!!!!!!!
Hey, I also have a pair of Ohm Walsh 5's that I use every day that I bought new in 1985. They still sound great.
My GS1000i phones are one of my favorites and I also use them almost every day.
Walsh 5's look pretty awesome. There's a pair of Ohm Walsh DOUBLE F's on 'bay. My downstairs neighbor would hate me if I had a set of those.
Why say that? I lived in a townhome for a number of years and shared a common wall with my neighbor. We had some kind of agreement ... and I was able to use my SVS "water heater" subwoofer.
Yes I can.
My speaker of choice actually led me to try Grado's. Ohm Acoustics is also manufactured in Brooklyn. They are built by hand, and each speaker is tuned by ear, pretty much just like Grado.
The thing that makes them special is the Omni-directional design using a form of Walsh driver. It's an inverted driver than reproduces the entire frequency range up to 8000 Hz, where a super tweeter takes over. The soundstage is MASSIC, and the imaging is scary in its precision. They are not well-known, but they have a dedicated following that goes back to the 70's.
More info can be found here : http://www.ohmspeaker.com/speakers/
I personally have the Ohm Micro Walsh Talls, and I used to own a pair of Ohm F's. I doubt that I will ever need to buy another speaker brand- they are simply amazing.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mint Condition Sennheiser HDVD 800 31 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 58 seconds ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 59 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.5 - Western Sydney mini-meet - impressions! 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica AD2000X 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD 800 Headphone Amplifier - opinions 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by twister6
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)