Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes it is! One could probably never believe it!
Like I said, doesn't look like much at all.
We could have saved you $100. Open the cups and open 2 holes. But, you'd still be out the L-Cush pads and the 8-conductor cable.
Doubt it's the listening room....sound of the ac would interfere with critical listening tests
Am I allowed to be surprised to see this is Grado Labs? O.o their products deserve a better birth place!!!!!!!
Hey, I also have a pair of Ohm Walsh 5's that I use every day that I bought new in 1985. They still sound great.
My GS1000i phones are one of my favorites and I also use them almost every day.
Walsh 5's look pretty awesome. There's a pair of Ohm Walsh DOUBLE F's on 'bay. My downstairs neighbor would hate me if I had a set of those.
Why say that? I lived in a townhome for a number of years and shared a common wall with my neighbor. We had some kind of agreement ... and I was able to use my SVS "water heater" subwoofer.
Yes I can.
My speaker of choice actually led me to try Grado's. Ohm Acoustics is also manufactured in Brooklyn. They are built by hand, and each speaker is tuned by ear, pretty much just like Grado.
The thing that makes them special is the Omni-directional design using a form of Walsh driver. It's an inverted driver than reproduces the entire frequency range up to 8000 Hz, where a super tweeter takes over. The soundstage is MASSIC, and the imaging is scary in its precision. They are not well-known, but they have a dedicated following that goes back to the 70's.
More info can be found here : http://www.ohmspeaker.com/speakers/
I personally have the Ohm Micro Walsh Talls, and I used to own a pair of Ohm F's. I doubt that I will ever need to buy another speaker brand- they are simply amazing.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Recommendation for toddlers headphones 1 second ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: T-PEOS Altone 200 Review!) 39 seconds ago
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 1 minute ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-900X and Fiio E11 Amp Make Offer! 3 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)