Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 702

post #10516 of 16830

This is McIntosh:

 

Guess which company hasn't raised prices in 20+ years...

post #10517 of 16830
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbmet View Post
 

So this is Grado Labs?

 

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

This is McIntosh:

 

Guess which company hasn't raised prices in 20+ years...

Ummmm…Grado?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbmet View Post
 

So this is Grado Labs?

 

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Yes it is! One could probably never believe it!

Like I said, doesn't look like much at all.

post #10518 of 16830
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayniac View Post

I received my 225i today and they are a definite step up from the 80i. The bass is oh so lovely especially with the added warmth and bass from the USA made Amperex tube in my amp.

 

We could have saved you $100.  Open the cups and open 2 holes.  But, you'd still be out the L-Cush pads and the 8-conductor cable.

post #10519 of 16830
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbmet View Post

So this is Grado Labs?

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

It makes me like them even more.
post #10520 of 16830
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post


It makes me like them even more.

me too.......

post #10521 of 16830

Looks like only John has A/C! :eek: 

...unless that's the listening room...

post #10522 of 16830
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

Looks like only John has A/C! :eek: 

...unless that's the listening room...


Doubt it's the listening room....sound of the ac would interfere with critical listening tests :wink_face:

post #10523 of 16830
Was happy to see the vinyl stacked up in the listening room, especially that minty looking Columbia "six eye" label one in the foreground...
post #10524 of 16830
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbmet View Post

So this is Grado Labs?

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Am I allowed to be surprised to see this is Grado Labs? O.o their products deserve a better birth place!!!!!!!
post #10525 of 16830
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Am I allowed to be surprised to see this is Grado Labs? O.o their products deserve a better birth place!!!!!!!

Better?! They keep it real! biggrin.gif
post #10526 of 16830
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo50 View Post
 

me too.......

I agree....me too

post #10527 of 16830

Hey, I also have a pair of Ohm Walsh 5's that I use every day that I bought new in 1985. They still sound great.

My GS1000i phones are one of my favorites and I also use them almost every day.

post #10528 of 16830
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs9200m View Post
 

Hey, I also have a pair of Ohm Walsh 5's that I use every day that I bought new in 1985. They still sound great.

My GS1000i phones are one of my favorites and I also use them almost every day.


Walsh 5's look pretty awesome. There's a pair of Ohm Walsh DOUBLE F's on 'bay. My downstairs neighbor would hate me if I had a set of those.

post #10529 of 16830
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbmet View Post
 


Walsh 5's look pretty awesome. There's a pair of Ohm Walsh DOUBLE F's on 'bay. My downstairs neighbor would hate me if I had a set of those.

 

Why say that?  I lived in a townhome for a number of years and shared a common wall with my neighbor.  We had some kind of agreement ... and I was able to use my SVS "water heater" subwoofer.   ;)

post #10530 of 16830
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

Yes I can.

My speaker of choice actually led me to try Grado's.  Ohm Acoustics is also manufactured in Brooklyn.  They are built by hand, and each speaker is tuned by ear, pretty much just like Grado.

The thing that makes them special is the Omni-directional design using a form of Walsh driver. It's an inverted driver than reproduces the entire frequency range up to 8000 Hz, where a super tweeter takes over.  The soundstage is MASSIC, and the imaging is scary in its precision.  They are not well-known, but they have a dedicated following that goes back to the 70's.

More info can be found here :  http://www.ohmspeaker.com/speakers/

I personally have the Ohm Micro Walsh Talls, and I used to own a pair of Ohm F's.  I doubt that I will ever need to buy another speaker brand- they are simply amazing.
just something to consider In the realm of loudspeakers.....http://m.hammacher.com/Product/11987?promo=search
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!