Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes it is! One could probably never believe it!
Like I said, doesn't look like much at all.
We could have saved you $100. Open the cups and open 2 holes. But, you'd still be out the L-Cush pads and the 8-conductor cable.
Doubt it's the listening room....sound of the ac would interfere with critical listening tests
Am I allowed to be surprised to see this is Grado Labs? O.o their products deserve a better birth place!!!!!!!
Hey, I also have a pair of Ohm Walsh 5's that I use every day that I bought new in 1985. They still sound great.
My GS1000i phones are one of my favorites and I also use them almost every day.
Walsh 5's look pretty awesome. There's a pair of Ohm Walsh DOUBLE F's on 'bay. My downstairs neighbor would hate me if I had a set of those.
Why say that? I lived in a townhome for a number of years and shared a common wall with my neighbor. We had some kind of agreement ... and I was able to use my SVS "water heater" subwoofer.
Yes I can.
My speaker of choice actually led me to try Grado's. Ohm Acoustics is also manufactured in Brooklyn. They are built by hand, and each speaker is tuned by ear, pretty much just like Grado.
The thing that makes them special is the Omni-directional design using a form of Walsh driver. It's an inverted driver than reproduces the entire frequency range up to 8000 Hz, where a super tweeter takes over. The soundstage is MASSIC, and the imaging is scary in its precision. They are not well-known, but they have a dedicated following that goes back to the 70's.
More info can be found here : http://www.ohmspeaker.com/speakers/
I personally have the Ohm Micro Walsh Talls, and I used to own a pair of Ohm F's. I doubt that I will ever need to buy another speaker brand- they are simply amazing.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 28 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 29 seconds ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I got a Denon AVR-2802 for free. Worth building a system around it? 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)