Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 698

post #10456 of 25003
The Grado FB page mentioned a special surprise for those who bought...wonder what it will be?
post #10457 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by barid View Post
 

 

Yeah that got ordered.....I'm a sucker.  Was just going to get a generic pelican case for storage, but this popped up.

I just e-mailed Grado and asked them if I could purchase one from them for much less, being that I just purchased the RS1i's. I figured I would give it a shot because the RS1's used to come with the wooden box. I can't see giving them $100.00 for a wooden box that used to be standard.


Edited by joseph69 - 11/19/13 at 1:51pm
post #10458 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

I just e-mailed Grado and asked them if I could purchase one from them for much less, being that I just purchased the RS1i's. I figured I would give it a shot because the RS1's used to come with the wooden box. I can't see giving them $100.00 for a wooden box that used to be standard.

 

Let us know what they say. :)

post #10459 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

I prefer to think of the 325 as 'detailed' and not harsh...

I agree, I was scared to death that the way everybody described the 325i, It would be way to bright for me......man, what a great headphone, I loved mine.....to me they were also just detailed and not bright.

 

They were also the one can that I have had that just kept sounding beter and better, even after hundreds and hundreds of hours listening.

post #10460 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

I just e-mailed Grado and asked them if I could purchase one from them for much less, being that I just purchased the RS1i's. I figured I would give it a shot because the RS1's used to come with the wooden box. I can't see giving them $100.00 for a wooden box that used to be standard.

 

how long ago did they come with a wooden box?

 

(thought that was several years ago)


Edited by austonia - 11/19/13 at 3:29pm
post #10461 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

I just e-mailed Grado and asked them if I could purchase one from them for much less, being that I just purchased the RS1i's. I figured I would give it a shot because the RS1's used to come with the wooden box. I can't see giving them $100.00 for a wooden box that used to be standard.

Great idea, Joseph.

 

I like the box, it looks cool, but mine is living on a nice headphone stand, and I like them being ready to go , as I use them pretty much everyday.

 

I love the box, but don't want to have to dig them out of the box to use them all the time.

post #10462 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post

I agree, I was scared to death that the way everybody described the 325i, It would be way to bright for me......man, what a great headphone, I loved mine.....to me they were also just detailed and not bright.

They were also the one can that I have had that just kept sounding beter and better, even after hundreds and hundreds of hours listening.
I owned a 325i which is supposedly even brighter than the current 325is model. I never found it too bright unless I had the volume up to a very uncomfortable level. if I ever get another SR series headphone I'd go with the 325...or 225 smily_headphones1.gif
post #10463 of 25003

Given their high price, I think that PS1000 owners should get the wooden box free, and a bag of chips.

post #10464 of 25003

Just make sure you get the right one, there is a "standard" and a 1k (for the GS1000 and PS1000) and I would assume if you have G-Cush on any of the other models you would need the 1k version for them to fit.

post #10465 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

Given their high price, I think that PS1000 owners should get the wooden box free, and a bag of chips.

Agreed

post #10466 of 25003
WOODIES IS BACK! biggrin.gif but I wonder if it will fit those stretched headband model... Mine can't fit back into the original pizza box anymore D:
post #10467 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Great idea, Joseph.

 

I like the box, it looks cool, but mine is living on a nice headphone stand, and I like them being ready to go , as I use them pretty much everyday.

 

I love the box, but don't want to have to dig them out of the box to use them all the time.

 

same here and i may get the box, and take the foam out and use the box for my "accessories" lol

post #10468 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 

Yes I can.

 

My speaker of choice actually led me to try Grado's.  Ohm Acoustics is also manufactured in Brooklyn.  They are built by hand, and each speaker is tuned by ear, pretty much just like Grado.

 

The thing that makes them special is the Omni-directional design using a form of Walsh driver. It's an inverted driver than reproduces the entire frequency range up to 8000 Hz, where a super tweeter takes over.  The soundstage is MASSIC, and the imaging is scary in its precision.  They are not well-known, but they have a dedicated following that goes back to the 70's.

 

More info can be found here :  http://www.ohmspeaker.com/speakers/

 

I personally have the Ohm Micro Walsh Talls, and I used to own a pair of Ohm F's.  I doubt that I will ever need to buy another speaker brand- they are simply amazing.


Thanks for the tip. There's actually a pair on the 'bay for $200 and aren't too far from where I live. Might just give them a shot.

post #10469 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgard Varese View Post
 

 

Let us know what they say. :)

It's a no go. They told me that only a limited number of RS1's came with the wooden box for a limited time back in the day. They also told me that at $99.00U.S., it was a steal. I just figured I'd try and see what they say, if I could have got it for free or a much better price, I wouldn't mind having it, but I will not purchase it. For the price of the headphones, I personally think it should have came with one, and have been an option for the less expensive models.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austonia View Post
 

 

how long ago did they come with a wooden box?

 

(thought that was several years ago)

I'm not sure how long ago they came with the wooden box, but I also believe it was several years ago.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Great idea, Joseph.

 

I like the box, it looks cool, but mine is living on a nice headphone stand, and I like them being ready to go , as I use them pretty much everyday.

 

I love the box, but don't want to have to dig them out of the box to use them all the time.

I agree, I like my headphones out on display also, and I also use which ever ones every day and it would be a hassle to dig them out, but I still wouldn't mind having the box, especially since I keep all of my boxes, it would by far be much nicer than the stock boxes!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

Given their high price, I think that PS1000 owners should get the wooden box free, and a bag of chips.

I also agree, and a soda!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

WOODIES IS BACK! biggrin.gif but I wonder if it will fit those stretched headband model... Mine can't fit back into the original pizza box anymore D:

I was thinking the same thing since all of my headbands are U shaped, I would have to push them back to the original shape, and they would once again have that clamping effect.

post #10470 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbmet View Post
 


Thanks for the tip. There's actually a pair on the 'bay for $200 and aren't too far from where I live. Might just give them a shot.

I'm very interested in how these also, if you do purchase them, please let us know how they sound!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!