Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 692

post #10366 of 18493

thx

post #10367 of 18493
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

well, it looks like i'll be able to compare the lcd2.2, the ps500, and rs1i, THE PLAN(yeah i know) is that one will go.

i did have to make one sacrifice , the uberfrost, and some cash for the audeze's, glad i have the explorer to do the DACing

and i got sold the akg's today too, so, some inventory moving here at the ranch !

I can't wait to hear your impressions of the LCD 2.2....I tried the Hifiman HE-400, because I was very curious, I ended up not liking them.....I am curious about the LCD Audeze also.....I must say that they do look heavy and the ear pads look like they would be hot.

 

I am very interested in your findings with them sonically, however.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post

LMAO...

Well, no chance of that. I am strictly focused on Searchin' for That Heart of Gold.

Hey, when you get time...."send me a cheeseburger & a new rolling stone"!

post #10368 of 18493
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

I can't wait to hear your impressions of the LCD 2.2....I tried the Hifiman HE-400, because I was very curious, I ended up not liking them.....I am curious about the LCD Audeze also.....I must say that they do look heavy and the ear pads look like they would be hot.

 

I am very interested in your findings with them sonically, however.

 

 

i'm going to go ahead and assume that they aren't going to be very comfortable, i just have in my mind that i want one

non grado headphone, and i was really thinking a closed one, and was thinking about the alpha dogs.

did some reading on the alpha's(still high interest there) and the audeze's. i found there is about a 6-7 week wait for the AD.

when i saw these lcd's on the sale thread, and the guy lived an just over an hour away, and looked like he might

have interest in a bifrost,i felt the headphone god's speak to me, 'jay, aaaaauuuuudeze"  i made an offer, and we made medicine.

the journey continues...............

oh, i tried the hifiman he-4,  treble a little hard, didn't keep them real long

post #10369 of 18493

That is great that he is not far away....you can go and listen to them.....what a great plus  :normal_smile :

post #10370 of 18493
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

That is great that he is not far away....you can go and listen to them.....what a great plus  :normal_smile :


i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack ! lol

 

where'd all this bass come from ??

post #10371 of 18493
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack ! lol

 

where'd all this bass come from ??


Yeah.  Planar bass can be addictive.

 

Yet, it's Friday night, I have two world-class planar headphones, and what am I doing?

 

Watching 'The Killing' on Netflix with my trusty 225i's, and seriously thinking about the GS1000's or the RS-1 again. 

 

My only gripe with Grado is the lack of meaningful bass below 60 Hz.  The slope is pretty abrupt, not noticeable for most rock that I listen to, but on my 'audiophile' recordings it's pretty obvious.  Other than that, I still go to the Grado's more times than not.

post #10372 of 18493
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 


Yeah.  Planar bass can be addictive.

 

Yet, it's Friday night, I have two world-class planar headphones, and what am I doing?

 

Watching 'The Killing' on Netflix with my trusty 225i's, and seriously thinking about the GS1000's or the RS-1 again. 

 

My only gripe with Grado is the lack of meaningful bass below 60 Hz.  The slope is pretty abrupt, not noticeable for most rock that I listen to, but on my 'audiophile' recordings it's pretty obvious.  Other than that, I still go to the Grado's more times than not.


i'm listening to widespread panic live from bean town on mixlr, second set just started,

and watching an auction on ebay on some gs1000's i was eyeing until, well you know lol

3hrs left, $566

after i picked up the lcd's, since i was so close, i went and checked out the emotiva folks, that was pretty cool, no headphones, but heard an incredible computer audio system, saw the new carver amp, el84 based, listened to some tunes, chatted, all in all, a very good trip !

post #10373 of 18493

Congratulations on the LCD 2.2's! I didn't realize this was you posting because I usually look for the avatar and you changed yours and threw me off. I can't wait to hear your impressions/comparisons with the Grados you own, and which type of headphone you prefer. Enjoy. 

post #10374 of 18493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
 

Wait, does the 325i come w/ the L cushions?

 

Yes.  Also, with the 8-conductor cable -- as long as you didn't get one of the earlier 325i models.  The SR-325i that I had (Golden anniversary model) only had a 4-conductor cable.

post #10375 of 18493
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack ! lol

 

where'd all this bass come from ??

 

More bass, but at the price of a heavier headphone too. ;)

 

Plus, you'll have more amp angst as the world of planars usually gets people all worked up for amps, too.  However, don't forget, it's all about the music.  Gear will come and go, but the music will stay.

post #10376 of 18493
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post
 

 

More bass, but at the price of a heavier headphone too. ;)

 

Plus, you'll have more amp angst as the world of planars usually gets people all worked up for amps, too.  However, don't forget, it's all about the music.  Gear will come and go, but the music will stay.


He's got a Lyr, so that's covered.  I'll still bet Jay gets a Mjolnir at some point though...

post #10377 of 18493
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


i'm listening to widespread panic live from bean town on mixlr, second set just started,

and watching an auction on ebay on some gs1000's i was eyeing until, well you know lol

3hrs left, $566

 

I saw that, but I just bought the Alpha Dogs, and  I also need to get a fretless bass, so the budget is torn at the moment.

 

I am thinking of putting the 5LE's up for trade though

post #10378 of 18493
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Congratulations on the LCD 2.2's! I didn't realize this was you posting because I usually look for the avatar and you changed yours and threw me off. I can't wait to hear your impressions/comparisons with the Grados you own, and which type of headphone you prefer. Enjoy. 


thanks ! getting them happened pretty fast, i was hypnotized ! and they ain't grado's thats for sure ! lol,

yeah, warren chi had a friend whose son had some pretty bad trouble and wound up in the hospital, and a lot of folks had changed to the juvenile diabetes sign,my step brother has had diabetes his whole life, and i was found to be diabetic (type 2) a year or so ago,

i'll change back before long i'm sure !

post #10379 of 18493
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


thanks ! getting them happened pretty fast, i was hypnotized ! and they ain't grado's thats for sure ! lol,

yeah, warren chi had a friend whose son had some pretty bad trouble and wound up in the hospital, and a lot of folks had changed to the juvenile diabetes sign,my step brother has had diabetes his whole life, and i was found to be diabetic (type 2) a year or so ago,

i'll change back before long i'm sure !

Jay, I also have diabetes since I'm 11 years old, I'm now 45, this is why I'm legally blind, and didn't even realize the logo (can'y see the small print). Sorry to hear this news, hope everything works out well for both you and your friends, friends son. Best regards, and always look on the upside. Even though I'm legally blind, I'm thankful for everything good/bad in my life because there are a lot of people worse off, I pray for them rather than myself. Once again enjoy your new headphones. BTW, please try not to kill me too much with these headphones, so I'm not tempted!!!

post #10380 of 18493
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Jay, I also have diabetes since I'm 11 years old, I'm now 45, this is why I'm legally blind, and didn't even realize the logo (can'y see the small print). Sorry to hear this news, hope everything works out well for both you and your friends, friends son. Best regards, and always look on the upside. Even though I'm legally blind, I'm thankful for everything good/bad in my life because there are a lot of people worse off, I pray for them rather than myself. Once again enjoy your new headphones. BTW, please try not to kill me too much with these headphones, so I'm not tempted!!!


oh thanks, i'm on metformin, my a1c's have been fine, i'm one of those who was hypoglycemic all my life, so i was predisposed , now, i'm 49, and overweight, and don't get enough excercise, and most of those things i can change if i get of my butt !! lol, hey, if we are grateful and enjoy life, we're the luckiest folks on the earth, attitude is everything !!

warren chi is one of the moderators here, and involved with the audio scene, it was a friend of his whose son wound up in the hospital, everything turned out ok i believe, the folks chaging avatars was just a show of support, and awareness ,

don't worry about the LCD's joseph, actually, they aren't all that great !! ( was that convincing ??):biggrin:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!