Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 680

post #10186 of 24307
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

about to open up the old LD I+ and install a 2107 op amp !! new territory here

I installed the Burr Brown OPA2107 from Texas Instruments, and found it to be a bit more clearer and detailed than the stock OPA, and I liked it, hope you like it!

post #10187 of 24307
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

I installed the Burr Brown OPA2107 from Texas Instruments, and found it to be a bit more clearer and detailed than the stock OPA, and I liked it, hope you like it!


shhhhhhhhhh, just on my second song ....................:happy_face1:

 

third song..........:bigsmile_face:

 

more fleshed out instruments i believe as well

 

ps500 at the moment oh and the telefunken eh900s


Edited by jaywillin - 10/30/13 at 6:02pm
post #10188 of 24307
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

about to open up the old LD I+ and install a 2107 op amp !! new territory here

not a huge discernible difference is made...but it still instills a smoothness to the sound which wasn't there prior. great little opamp.

post #10189 of 24307

i would love to demo an RS1i one day. but until then i can only take away what people on the forum say. would really love to directly compare it with my magnums....

post #10190 of 24307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvins View Post
 

not a huge discernible difference is made...but it still instills a smoothness to the sound which wasn't there prior. great little opamp.


no, not huge, but for $7.50 , (ebay) well worth it !!

post #10191 of 24307

Right, like I said a bit more detailed and clearer, and like you said, well worth the price!

post #10192 of 24307
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

The RS1i seems to be really in favor of the Sylvania 5751 triple mica black plate, so far.

 

Been listening to it for about 5 hours now.....using a huge playlist of flac files.........its been a great night so far and the night is still young!

 

Long live Rock & Roll

 

 

Talk about great synergy!

 

 

 

How bout some ZZ Top - Pearl Necklace!

 

 

A little Robert Cray -The Forcast Calls For Pain......Song is killer with this combo!

 

Time for a little night glow.

 

 

Time for another beer and maybe a change to the TTVJ flat pads.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgard Varese View Post
 

 

What is that player software?  I want VU meters! :D

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post
 

 

  • Good Music: Check
  • Good Amplifier: Check
  • Good Headphones: Check
  • Good Beverage: Check
  • Good Headphone Stand: WTF?  After choosing all great things, why settle for the $8.95 headphone stand (bicycle wall mount device) from a local home improvement store. :D   :p

 

wje.....this is for you.....$8.95 headphone stand is now holding my AGK Q701

 

New home for RS1i

 

 

 

 

I agree with you guys on the 2107 opamp for the LD1+

 

I found it more detailed also.

post #10193 of 24307
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

wje.....this is for you.....$8.95 headphone stand is now holding my AGK Q701

 

New home for RS1i

 

 

 

 

I agree with you guys on the 2107 opamp for the LD1+

 

I found it more detailed also.

where can you get that headphone stand at 

post #10194 of 24307

You can grab it here.

 

http://www.hieutrunghandcrafts.com/product_m1ws.html

 

Hieu is a great guy, and does very professional looking work.

post #10195 of 24307
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

You can grab it here.

 

http://www.hieutrunghandcrafts.com/product_m1ws.html

 

Hieu is a great guy, and does very professional looking work.

 

 

i thought you were referring to that particular one at 9 bucks! i can't afford fifty dollars atm. oh well 

post #10196 of 24307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvins View Post
 

 

 

i thought you were referring to that particular one at 9 bucks! i can't afford fifty dollars atm. oh well

Oh, I am sorry.

 

I found mine at home Depot, in the section where they have all different kind of brackets that hang on a garage wall.

 

I would imagine Lowes would have them as well.

 

They make for a pretty nice headphone stand, I have used mine for over a year....it now house's my AKG  Q701

post #10197 of 24307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvins View Post
 

 

 

i thought you were referring to that particular one at 9 bucks! i can't afford fifty dollars atm. oh well 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Oh, I am sorry.

 

I found mine at home Depot, in the section where they have all different kind of brackets that hang on a garage wall.

 

I would imagine Lowes would have them as well.

 

They make for a pretty nice headphone stand, I have used mine for over a year....it now house's my AKG  Q701

 

 

I checked.  Here is what Lowes offers.  Essentially the same thing, but due to the position it is in, it doesn't look correct.  However, when you flip it and have the larger bracket positioned on a desktop or tabletop, this should work well.

 

post #10198 of 24307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvins View Post
 

 

 

i thought you were referring to that particular one at 9 bucks! i can't afford fifty dollars atm. oh well 

 

$50 is not cheap but for a handmade wood stand, with good materials and craftmanship, it seems pretty reasonable. and it will last a lifetime i would think

post #10199 of 24307


Necklace/Jewelry stands work fine as well. $25ish on eBay, lots of colors.
post #10200 of 24307


Same type of stand. My wife's "fashion cans". These are felt covered.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!