- 5,847 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 670
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks for the correction. I was tired as schiit when I made that reply. Oops ...
Edited by wje - 10/22/13 at 3:17am
Correct. I understand. However, the pressure is still an issue. I used to have issues with the fit of L-Cush and realized that I had to open the width of my band a bit more. I finally got it to a precise level where I can finally enjoy the L-Cush again. Additionally, I've found that using the L-Cush from Ear Zonk (available via Amazon). I've found that the foam is softer as they only use one type, as opposed to Grado's use of about 3 varying layers of foam.
I did have a problem with the G-Cush from Ear Zonk. One fit perfect, the other had a slightly larger hole where it attached to the Grado cup, and would always fall off. I contacted Ear Zonk and then returned the G-Cush to Amazon. Ear Zonk is sending me a replacement pair directly as opposed to the risk of getting another bad pair from the stock at Amazon. Again, this was for the G-Cush. The L-Cush fit perfectly and I actually ordered 3 pair for $9.99 a pair.
Hand washed the L cushion with soap and a dryer sheet and they still were not comfortable for me. I took a chance on some Ear Zonk G cushions and they are working out quite well.
I have only washed it once which is one month after getting it... Gonna wash it tomorrow and see if it gets softer like you guys said although I don't find it be stiff... Experiment won't hurt hehe
Man, I'd be afraid someone would notice them(!) and rip them off my head and run.
Congrats, and enjoy the music.
I have been lucky also, pads never really scratched me and even though the 325i's are said to be uncomfortable by many, they really never bothered me much, alittle after long sessions, but I just took about a 15 minute break...then put them back on.
The RS!i...well it is just plain freakin comfortable with any ear pad....light as a feather and I can wear them all night.
Grado's get a fairly bad rap for comfortability....but the RS1i is just plain top notch at being comfortable IMO.
I do have ears on the smaller side, so I guess that helps.
Grado isn't well-known in the Netherlands.
So there's that, and i doubt that the people wanting these headphones would steal them. Most audiophiles here seem pretty neat
I have no clue how Grado serialnumbers these things, but i'd say -157- is a pretty early model, no?(it is a PS1000 with matte finish)
Edited by CH23 - 10/23/13 at 8:46am
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Astell&Kern AK380 11 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 21 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 39 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › CD-One!! HI-FI playback and precise CD ripper. Customized for CD... 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2