- 5,845 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 670
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks for the correction. I was tired as schiit when I made that reply. Oops ...
Edited by wje - 10/22/13 at 3:17am
Correct. I understand. However, the pressure is still an issue. I used to have issues with the fit of L-Cush and realized that I had to open the width of my band a bit more. I finally got it to a precise level where I can finally enjoy the L-Cush again. Additionally, I've found that using the L-Cush from Ear Zonk (available via Amazon). I've found that the foam is softer as they only use one type, as opposed to Grado's use of about 3 varying layers of foam.
I did have a problem with the G-Cush from Ear Zonk. One fit perfect, the other had a slightly larger hole where it attached to the Grado cup, and would always fall off. I contacted Ear Zonk and then returned the G-Cush to Amazon. Ear Zonk is sending me a replacement pair directly as opposed to the risk of getting another bad pair from the stock at Amazon. Again, this was for the G-Cush. The L-Cush fit perfectly and I actually ordered 3 pair for $9.99 a pair.
Hand washed the L cushion with soap and a dryer sheet and they still were not comfortable for me. I took a chance on some Ear Zonk G cushions and they are working out quite well.
I have only washed it once which is one month after getting it... Gonna wash it tomorrow and see if it gets softer like you guys said although I don't find it be stiff... Experiment won't hurt hehe
Man, I'd be afraid someone would notice them(!) and rip them off my head and run.
Congrats, and enjoy the music.
I have been lucky also, pads never really scratched me and even though the 325i's are said to be uncomfortable by many, they really never bothered me much, alittle after long sessions, but I just took about a 15 minute break...then put them back on.
The RS!i...well it is just plain freakin comfortable with any ear pad....light as a feather and I can wear them all night.
Grado's get a fairly bad rap for comfortability....but the RS1i is just plain top notch at being comfortable IMO.
I do have ears on the smaller side, so I guess that helps.
Grado isn't well-known in the Netherlands.
So there's that, and i doubt that the people wanting these headphones would steal them. Most audiophiles here seem pretty neat
I have no clue how Grado serialnumbers these things, but i'd say -157- is a pretty early model, no?(it is a PS1000 with matte finish)
Edited by CH23 - 10/23/13 at 8:46am
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 25 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 27 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2