Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 668

post #10006 of 16805

and speaking of the 550, mine got here today that i traded my ms2's for,

i'm not sure i'll be giving these to the stepson , they are pretty good !

i may keep them for my closed cans,

you know, i could get him a pair of 60i's, get him started of right ! lol

post #10007 of 16805
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

and speaking of the 550, mine got here today that i traded my ms2's for,

i'm not sure i'll be giving these to the stepson , they are pretty good !

i may keep them for my closed cans,

you know, i could get him a pair of 60i's, get him started of right ! lol

 

HA HA HA

post #10008 of 16805

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Will look into the RS1's as a potential upgrade to my 325is!

post #10009 of 16805
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

and speaking of the 550, mine got here today that i traded my ms2's for,
i'm not sure i'll be giving these to the stepson , they are pretty good !
i may keep them for my closed cans,
you know, i could get him a pair of 60i's, get him started of right ! lol

SR60i is a better starter headphone. Then a ZO2.3 woofer amp so that he get the freedom of EQ-ing the bass xD
post #10010 of 16805
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post


Many of us have been there. However, have you spread open the headband a bit so it doesn't feel like your head is in a vise when you wear them?

It's not the headband but the cushions themselves. The foam is too stiff and rough,at least on the replacement pads that I bought.

post #10011 of 16805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayniac View Post
 

It's not the headband but the cushions themselves. The foam is too stiff and rough,at least on the replacement pads that I bought.

Wash them with a mild soap...wring dry and let set overnight to air dry....they will soften up quite nice.

post #10012 of 16805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayniac View Post
 

It's not the headband but the cushions themselves. The foam is too stiff and rough,at least on the replacement pads that I bought.

 

Correct.  I understand.  However, the pressure is still an issue.  I used to have issues with the fit of L-Cush and realized that I had to open the width of my band a bit more.  I finally got it to a precise level where I can finally enjoy the L-Cush again.  Additionally, I've found that using the L-Cush from Ear Zonk (available via Amazon).  I've found that the foam is softer as they only use one type, as opposed to Grado's use of about 3 varying layers of foam.

 

I did have a problem with the G-Cush from Ear Zonk.  One fit perfect, the other had a slightly larger hole where it attached to the Grado cup, and would always fall off.  I contacted Ear Zonk and then returned the G-Cush to Amazon.  Ear Zonk is sending me a replacement pair directly as opposed to the risk of getting another bad pair from the stock at Amazon.  Again, this was for the G-Cush.  The L-Cush fit perfectly and I actually ordered 3 pair for $9.99 a pair.

post #10013 of 16805
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

Hey guys, my friend is looking for a pair if headphones for work. He really liked the sound of my SR80 but they leak too much sound. Any recomendations for a closed/semi-closed can with a similar sound? The K550 is all I can think of but it's too big and bulky for him.

DT660.  

 

Lively on top like a Grado.

 

However, no mid-bass hump but has some deep bass.

 

Good isolation and comfy.

 

Big soundstage for a closed can.

 

HTH.

 

Edit:  Very efficient 32 ohm.

post #10014 of 16805

While planning to do an RS1i vs. SR-60 (Pink) Face-off For Sound Variances, I had a bit of Time to conduct a comparison / contrast between the PS-500 and the SR60 (Pink) Headphones.

 

I took 2 pages of notes, but will have to transfer them to electronic text so I can supply the review here:

 

[Full Written / Text Review to Follow -- In About 2 Days]

 

The Contenders:

 

 

 

The Written Notes Based on Two Hours of Listening:

 

 

post #10015 of 16805

I was wanting to pass this on as I had not heard of this company before. They are a Canadian company that makes stuff for Grado headphones, including a VERY nice headband. They are called Turbulent Labs. The stock headband doesn't bother me but I have heard a lot of people complain about it, but these headbands they sell are outstanding in looks and very well padded. It makes the Grado's look like a much more expensive phone, probably how it should have looked in the first place but such is life. If I ever need to get a new headband for my 325's I will be contacting these guys.

post #10016 of 16805
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

I was wanting to pass this on as I had not heard of this company before. They are a Canadian company that makes stuff for Grado headphones, including a VERY nice headband. They are called Turbulent Labs. The stock headband doesn't bother me but I have heard a lot of people complain about it, but these headbands they sell are outstanding in looks and very well padded. It makes the Grado's look like a much more expensive phone, probably how it should have looked in the first place but such is life. If I ever need to get a new headband for my 325's I will be contacting these guys.

Headbands are nice and they are from IIRC a member in Malaysia - jinteddy.

I have the entry model, which is plenty padded, on my go to MS2 and they are plush no doubt!

post #10017 of 16805
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

I was wanting to pass this on as I had not heard of this company before. They are a Canadian company that makes stuff for Grado headphones, including a VERY nice headband. They are called Turbulent Labs. The stock headband doesn't bother me but I have heard a lot of people complain about it, but these headbands they sell are outstanding in looks and very well padded. It makes the Grado's look like a much more expensive phone, probably how it should have looked in the first place but such is life. If I ever need to get a new headband for my 325's I will be contacting these guys.

Turbulent Labs may be affiliated with Vibro Labs. I purchased Vibro Labs (classic) wooden cups for my SR80i's, and I noticed on the Turbulent website, they sell the same Vibro wooden cups for $95.00, where as I purchased mine through Vibro Labs about 6-8 months ago for 115.00, the same exact cup, so maybe they merged, not sure because the both companies have separate websites, but Turbulent also sells Vibro's wooden cups.

post #10018 of 16805
Best guess is that they discovered the Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post
 

While planning to do an RS1i vs. SR-60 (Pink) Face-off For Sound Variances, I had a bit of Time to conduct a comparison / contrast between the PS-500 and the SR60 (Pink) Headphones.

 

That's not a fair fight! The vintage SR-60s will have poorly matched drivers and much smaller air chambers. (Just kidding, I know you'll be fair!)

 

You need to compare your PS0.5K with these vintage pink/black metal bad boys:

 

It is only the cheese cloth that turns pink, not the actual drivers.

No one outside of Grado knows if the actual drivers are different, only that the pinks are from very early production runs (@1992-3).

post #10019 of 16805
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

Headbands are nice and they are from IIRC a member in Malaysia - jinteddy.

I have the entry model, which is plenty padded, on my go to MS2 and they are plush no doubt!

Nice....how much was that headband....looks great.

post #10020 of 16805
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Nice....how much was that headband....looks great.

I bought mine direct from jinteddy in Malaysia for $38 before Turbulent was formed.

I assume it's the same...http://turbulentlabs.com/grado-black-manta/

They make a $50 version, but the $38 one is plenty nice to me.


Edited by parbaked - 10/20/13 at 9:51am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!