Right now i'm using my http://us.store.creative.com/PCI-Express-Sound-Blaster-XFi-Titanium/M/B001BDPLJA.htm for my LCD2. I have the Woo 6Se coming soon... would spending money on source a diminishing return?
Related Forum Threads
- Musical Fidelity M1 HPA and Audeze LCD2s Last post on 9/11/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do I buy Beyerdynamic T1 or Hifiman HE500 as upgrade solution to my current HD650/K701 combo? Last post on 10/26/13 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD2 and Lyr+Bifrost combo.. Last post on 9/5/12 at 9:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800, T1 or LCD-2 on a small system Last post on 5/27/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
overall great headphone at its price.
Disclaimer: The Meze 99 Classics were send to me as part of their European Tour. Impression are based on around a week of intensive usage. Preamble: First of all, welcome to another review here...
It's Zmall, it's Zpacious, it's ZuperDAC, from Zorloo - The Review Website: zorloo.com Product details and Specs: LINK MSRP: $74 To read more about the original project, you may...
Audeze LCD-2 Amp or Source More Important? - Page 2
Poll Results: Which is more important when using the Audeze LCD-2's?Poll expired: Sep 24, 2013
28 Total Votes
82% (23)Source (DAC)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 222/3/11 at 4:40am
Some will say the source is most i.portant. Because it garbage in garbage out kind of principle. I think it is all important in a system. Als0 do not neglect the interconnect cable as the better your gear is the more noticeable differences you will hearpost #18 of 222/4/11 at 8:28am
I've been switching sources and amps recently, with my LCD2s; originally I was using a Marantz CD5003 disc player, DACMagic, and Woo WA6SE. Very good sound, but I was looking for an overall quieter background, inside and outside of the headphones.
I'm now using a Mac Mini, with an AIFF iTunes library, going out to a Stage DAC and then to a Concerto. Slightly different sound signature than with the Woo, but I'm liking it a lot. Actually the difference in sound between these two amps is less than I thought it would be, but besides the music, there is now no other noise! Totally black background.
So for me, the source or the amp could be the most important; it would be whichever contributes most to the silence between the notes. I may have a Woo for sale soon . . .post #19 of 222/4/11 at 8:46ampost #20 of 222/4/11 at 1:31pm
Totally agree with this. The source always plays into an easier load; the amp. The input impedance of the amp will be around 47K which is easy for any bog standard op-amp to drive into. And yes, far easier a load than the beloved LCD-2s presents to most amplifiers. That doesn't mean to say both aren't important, it's just that the source always has the easier job.post #21 of 222/4/11 at 2:05pm
Oh, and I should add that once you do have a decent amplifier that can handle the LCD-2s with aplomb, rather than get rid of the source one could try a few mods (systematically if budget is limited). Most commercial DACs are moddable quite easily; a few regulator upgrades can transform the sound most DACs and elevate the sound into high-end stratosphere.post #22 of 222/10/11 at 2:39pm
I'm have gone through quite some "pro" sound cards in my time. I personally would not go for something less than an Apogee or RME AD/DA converter. I own the latter and is the best sound I have had so far. I'm sure Apogee converters are better but I got a good deal on an RME ADI-8 Pro.
Just my 2 cents...
- Audeze LCD-2 Amp or Source More Important?
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HM-602 Slim 3 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by twister6
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse