Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Is this a real Grado SR325is?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is this a real Grado SR325is? - Page 3

post #31 of 158

wow.  Maybe Grado is hoping for a P Diddy SR325 endorsement

post #32 of 158

nice. I should get these so if someone sneaks into my room and borrows my phones I can check for fingerprints biggrin.gif

post #33 of 158

I was an unfortunate victim to this issue as well.  I ordered MS-2s from the Alessandro website.  When they arrived and I saw these plastic-looking chrome chambers I immediately hated them.  I emailed George Alessandro today to ask for an exchange for the older brushed ones or money back as the chrome was not what was advertised.

post #34 of 158

Help me here, guys.  Is chrome steel?  Because steel has a higher velocity of sound than aluminum.  I've often thought that steel would be an excellent headphone housing, if it weren't too heavy and it didn't cost too much.

post #35 of 158

I just held a refrigerator magnet to the cups.  It's not steel.

 

Worst of both worlds.  NOT steel AND chrome.


Edited by parlophone - 12/31/10 at 11:01am
post #36 of 158

Oh man, that shiny 325 is just ugly. Sorry. I know someone who re-cupped his 325 into wood. I'd do that myself if I got a pair like yours. My SR80 incidentally has been woodied.

post #37 of 158

wow. that is just a shame to me. the original 325s are some of my favorite looking open headphones...

post #38 of 158


That's really unfortunate frown.gif. I have the MS2 being shipped right now. I hoped that the Alessandro's would not be affected, I guess that's not the case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlophone View Post

I was an unfortunate victim to this issue as well.  I ordered MS-2s from the Alessandro website.  When they arrived and I saw these plastic-looking chrome chambers I immediately hated them.  I emailed George Alessandro today to ask for an exchange for the older brushed ones or money back as the chrome was not what was advertised.

post #39 of 158

Like others have said the chrome is the newest version. Just return the headphones, its false advertising.

 

If you want the older brushed aluminum then call up actual audio stores, they tend to go through stock slower so they might still have the brushed ones instead of the new "Bling Bling" ones. 

post #40 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_t14 View Post


That's really unfortunate frown.gif. I have the MS2 being shipped right now. I hoped that the Alessandro's would not be affected, I guess that's not the case...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlophone View Post

I was an unfortunate victim to this issue as well.  I ordered MS-2s from the Alessandro website.  When they arrived and I saw these plastic-looking chrome chambers I immediately hated them.  I emailed George Alessandro today to ask for an exchange for the older brushed ones or money back as the chrome was not what was advertised.


Too bad.  I was kind of hoping that the MS2i's would stay they same.  I have the brushed Al ones that I was thinking about selling.  Now I won't.

 

I agree that the older goldie SR325i's look the best.

post #41 of 158

C'mon guys, do they really look that bad?  I for one really like the new shiny look as it as some extra pizzazz to an already great looking headphone.  Besides isn't the world renowned Grado sound signanture what we're looking for here?  I say keep 'em!

post #42 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital-Pride View Post

C'mon guys, do they really look that bad?  I for one really like the new shiny look as it as some extra pizzazz to an already great looking headphone.  Besides isn't the world renowned Grado sound signanture what we're looking for here?  I say keep 'em!


That would be basically my opinion as well. If the build quality is the same and sound is the same, what's the big deal? Is appearance that much of a factor in some people's headphone purchases? I guess for some people it is. If appearances are the only consideration, then yes, I favor the brushed aluminum finish, but for me, appearances are rather far down on the scale of considerations, and wouldn't cause me to return headphones because of a recent update that hadn't made it into the advertising photos yet. To each their own though, I guess.
 

post #43 of 158

I'm puzzled that someone would buy blind, as it were, from amazon if you could go to a dealer and see/hear what you're getting.  Don't get me wrong, I love amazon, but if you can audition the phones locally, and Massachusetts ain't exactly the hinterlands, why wouldn't you do it?

 

- Travis in Texas

post #44 of 158

Locally would've been great, but Alessandros are only sold through their website and nowhere else.

post #45 of 158

I guess for me, locally would've been great, but Alessandros are only sold through their website and nowhere else.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Is this a real Grado SR325is?