Age typically doesn't matter, unless you're talking about headphones from the same family, and even then newer series aren't necessarily better, just different. It all depends on your ears.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEM recommendation: Detailed for reference monitoring, rugged for the gym and isolated for air... Last post on 11/21/12 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- soundmagic Vs AudioTechnica Vs Brainwavez battle Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I give up on IEMs? Last post on 6/16/12 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ID America NY Spark Impressions Last post on 12/25/13 at 9:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Who likes a challenge? Last post on 8/16/11 at 1:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Anyone tried Jbuds J4 or Audio-Technica ATH-CKM50ABK? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just an update for anyone who may be considering the J4s, after at least 50-60 hours (I stopped counting), the difference is night and day from when I first got them. I've been wearing them over the ear with decored Shure Olive tips, and the bass has really tamed itself, though this may be a negative point to some, as I'm not a huge bass fan. The sibilance has all but disappeared, which helps to let the mids shine a little more. These are now my primary earphones, I'm very happy with them now.
UPDATE: So much for durability. The right ear is completely out, it's been less than a month of use. I had just gotten the sound right where I wanted it.
Edited by Mr_Hym - 2/10/11 at 4:00pm
- Anyone tried Jbuds J4 or Audio-Technica ATH-CKM50ABK?
- › AUDIO GD DSD Playback (for all supported models) 8 seconds ago
- › Question about playing particular song 16 seconds ago
- › Best Studio Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 3 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 6 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2