Age typically doesn't matter, unless you're talking about headphones from the same family, and even then newer series aren't necessarily better, just different. It all depends on your ears.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEM recommendation: Detailed for reference monitoring, rugged for the gym and isolated for air... Last post on 11/21/12 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- soundmagic Vs AudioTechnica Vs Brainwavez battle Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I give up on IEMs? Last post on 6/16/12 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ID America NY Spark Impressions Last post on 12/25/13 at 9:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Who likes a challenge? Last post on 8/16/11 at 1:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Anyone tried Jbuds J4 or Audio-Technica ATH-CKM50ABK? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just an update for anyone who may be considering the J4s, after at least 50-60 hours (I stopped counting), the difference is night and day from when I first got them. I've been wearing them over the ear with decored Shure Olive tips, and the bass has really tamed itself, though this may be a negative point to some, as I'm not a huge bass fan. The sibilance has all but disappeared, which helps to let the mids shine a little more. These are now my primary earphones, I'm very happy with them now.
UPDATE: So much for durability. The right ear is completely out, it's been less than a month of use. I had just gotten the sound right where I wanted it.
Edited by Mr_Hym - 2/10/11 at 4:00pm
- Anyone tried Jbuds J4 or Audio-Technica ATH-CKM50ABK?
- › Update On Current Status 34 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Best bang for the buck headphone? 1 minute ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio Ambassadors Program! 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › New to this community! Looking for $60 and less headphones..also... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)