Age typically doesn't matter, unless you're talking about headphones from the same family, and even then newer series aren't necessarily better, just different. It all depends on your ears.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEM recommendation: Detailed for reference monitoring, rugged for the gym and isolated for air... Last post on 11/21/12 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- soundmagic Vs AudioTechnica Vs Brainwavez battle Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I give up on IEMs? Last post on 6/16/12 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ID America NY Spark Impressions Last post on 12/25/13 at 9:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Who likes a challenge? Last post on 8/16/11 at 1:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Anyone tried Jbuds J4 or Audio-Technica ATH-CKM50ABK? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just an update for anyone who may be considering the J4s, after at least 50-60 hours (I stopped counting), the difference is night and day from when I first got them. I've been wearing them over the ear with decored Shure Olive tips, and the bass has really tamed itself, though this may be a negative point to some, as I'm not a huge bass fan. The sibilance has all but disappeared, which helps to let the mids shine a little more. These are now my primary earphones, I'm very happy with them now.
UPDATE: So much for durability. The right ear is completely out, it's been less than a month of use. I had just gotten the sound right where I wanted it.
Edited by Mr_Hym - 2/10/11 at 4:00pm
- Anyone tried Jbuds J4 or Audio-Technica ATH-CKM50ABK?
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 seconds ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 16 seconds ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 39 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Battlefield 4 2 minutes ago
- › Best open 'overear' headphone (nevermind the price) 3 minutes ago
- › IFi product set to drive Hd800 3 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 3 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 7 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob