Next week came and went, huh. Well, making a long story short, JHA received my ear impressions today for a JH16...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 11/9/14 at 10:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM DYNAMIC driver reshelling service ≤ Ø14mm - $220 Last post on 1/7/13 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone 4 and custom iems without lod amp Last post on 9/5/11 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM socket issues Last post on 8/18/11 at 3:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
- Hi End Cables
Fabs-fabulous earphones® Review - fabulously balanced custom IEMs - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Dammit! The exchange rates are killing me, frigging weak dollar! $780 at time of posting WHY!?! I'm in the US would I have to pay VAT? how does that work...
You don't pay VAT.
These are it, these will be my first custom's, I need to bug Claus about the logic of Stainless steel shells (I've been told molds only last 5-7 years before your ear changes become troublesome and you'll have to get new molds, any input?, $1000+ for the shells is worth it, if I get an extreme discount when I need them redone) but for starters, I might go with black w/ black westone cables (any thoughts on this? I was thinking of TWAG cu cables if they really are pure copper, I hate silver) and if they are what I'm looking for I'll go stainless when available. Unfortunately, the rest of this year I have to pay off a CD player ($1,300 left on $2,400) and a SACD player ($1,400 left on $1,500) both used. But I will probably send them a non refundable deposit, to "lock" myself in so I don't forget.
Edited by BattleBrat - 8/5/11 at 10:25pm
The stainless steel shells are extravagant IMO and talking with Claus don't change the sound, but they would be awesome! Let us know what Claus says about discounts if they need to be redone.
As far as cables, I do really like the black Westone style cable, although the TWag cable I have is very nice! Between the two I would think the Whiplash cable has better long term durability.
Thanks. And its not about the name but about the sound
- Fabs-fabulous earphones® Review - fabulously balanced custom IEMs
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Driving HD558s? 11 seconds ago
- › Good headphones for gaming 23 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor SL build quality issues (1793) 35 seconds ago
- › Fiio X1 (+E11K) - Australasian Tour 2014 - Reviews, Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a headphone with deep bass and good speed 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 3 minutes ago
- › First Post! Looking to get my feet wet in PC audio 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)