Next week came and went, huh. Well, making a long story short, JHA received my ear impressions today for a JH16...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on Yesterday at 7:06 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM DYNAMIC driver reshelling service ≤ Ø14mm - $220 Last post on 1/7/13 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone 4 and custom iems without lod amp Last post on 9/5/11 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM socket issues Last post on 8/18/11 at 3:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 8/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
- Hi End Cables
Fabs-fabulous earphones® Review - fabulously balanced custom IEMs - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Dammit! The exchange rates are killing me, frigging weak dollar! $780 at time of posting WHY!?! I'm in the US would I have to pay VAT? how does that work...
You don't pay VAT.
These are it, these will be my first custom's, I need to bug Claus about the logic of Stainless steel shells (I've been told molds only last 5-7 years before your ear changes become troublesome and you'll have to get new molds, any input?, $1000+ for the shells is worth it, if I get an extreme discount when I need them redone) but for starters, I might go with black w/ black westone cables (any thoughts on this? I was thinking of TWAG cu cables if they really are pure copper, I hate silver) and if they are what I'm looking for I'll go stainless when available. Unfortunately, the rest of this year I have to pay off a CD player ($1,300 left on $2,400) and a SACD player ($1,400 left on $1,500) both used. But I will probably send them a non refundable deposit, to "lock" myself in so I don't forget.
Edited by BattleBrat - 8/5/11 at 10:25pm
The stainless steel shells are extravagant IMO and talking with Claus don't change the sound, but they would be awesome! Let us know what Claus says about discounts if they need to be redone.
As far as cables, I do really like the black Westone style cable, although the TWag cable I have is very nice! Between the two I would think the Whiplash cable has better long term durability.
Thanks. And its not about the name but about the sound
- Fabs-fabulous earphones® Review - fabulously balanced custom IEMs
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › "The Lab" 3 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 30 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 32 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › Let's Discuss Your Raspberry Pi Setups 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Code-X 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2