Next week came and went, huh. Well, making a long story short, JHA received my ear impressions today for a JH16...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 4/26/15 at 10:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM DYNAMIC driver reshelling service ≤ Ø14mm - $220 Last post on 1/7/13 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone 4 and custom iems without lod amp Last post on 9/5/11 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM socket issues Last post on 8/18/11 at 3:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: Yesterday
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
- Hi End Cables
Fabs-fabulous earphones® Review - fabulously balanced custom IEMs - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Dammit! The exchange rates are killing me, frigging weak dollar! $780 at time of posting WHY!?! I'm in the US would I have to pay VAT? how does that work...
You don't pay VAT.
These are it, these will be my first custom's, I need to bug Claus about the logic of Stainless steel shells (I've been told molds only last 5-7 years before your ear changes become troublesome and you'll have to get new molds, any input?, $1000+ for the shells is worth it, if I get an extreme discount when I need them redone) but for starters, I might go with black w/ black westone cables (any thoughts on this? I was thinking of TWAG cu cables if they really are pure copper, I hate silver) and if they are what I'm looking for I'll go stainless when available. Unfortunately, the rest of this year I have to pay off a CD player ($1,300 left on $2,400) and a SACD player ($1,400 left on $1,500) both used. But I will probably send them a non refundable deposit, to "lock" myself in so I don't forget.
Edited by BattleBrat - 8/5/11 at 10:25pm
The stainless steel shells are extravagant IMO and talking with Claus don't change the sound, but they would be awesome! Let us know what Claus says about discounts if they need to be redone.
As far as cables, I do really like the black Westone style cable, although the TWag cable I have is very nice! Between the two I would think the Whiplash cable has better long term durability.
Thanks. And its not about the name but about the sound
- Fabs-fabulous earphones® Review - fabulously balanced custom IEMs
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 13 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 28 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 31 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › knife-fi? 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 (& Plus) & iOS 8 Sound Quality Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › World's first portable Hybrid Valve Headphone Amplifier (with a... 2 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2