Next week came and went, huh. Well, making a long story short, JHA received my ear impressions today for a JH16...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 4/26/15 at 10:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM DYNAMIC driver reshelling service ≤ Ø14mm - $220 Last post on 1/7/13 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone 4 and custom iems without lod amp Last post on 9/5/11 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM socket issues Last post on 8/18/11 at 3:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: Yesterday
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
- Hi End Cables
Fabs-fabulous earphones® Review - fabulously balanced custom IEMs - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Dammit! The exchange rates are killing me, frigging weak dollar! $780 at time of posting WHY!?! I'm in the US would I have to pay VAT? how does that work...
You don't pay VAT.
These are it, these will be my first custom's, I need to bug Claus about the logic of Stainless steel shells (I've been told molds only last 5-7 years before your ear changes become troublesome and you'll have to get new molds, any input?, $1000+ for the shells is worth it, if I get an extreme discount when I need them redone) but for starters, I might go with black w/ black westone cables (any thoughts on this? I was thinking of TWAG cu cables if they really are pure copper, I hate silver) and if they are what I'm looking for I'll go stainless when available. Unfortunately, the rest of this year I have to pay off a CD player ($1,300 left on $2,400) and a SACD player ($1,400 left on $1,500) both used. But I will probably send them a non refundable deposit, to "lock" myself in so I don't forget.
Edited by BattleBrat - 8/5/11 at 10:25pm
The stainless steel shells are extravagant IMO and talking with Claus don't change the sound, but they would be awesome! Let us know what Claus says about discounts if they need to be redone.
As far as cables, I do really like the black Westone style cable, although the TWag cable I have is very nice! Between the two I would think the Whiplash cable has better long term durability.
Thanks. And its not about the name but about the sound
- Fabs-fabulous earphones® Review - fabulously balanced custom IEMs
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Three Word Story 21 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 6 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 9 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2