Next week came and went, huh. Well, making a long story short, JHA received my ear impressions today for a JH16...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 4/30/13 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM DYNAMIC driver reshelling service ≤ Ø14mm - $220 Last post on 1/7/13 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone 4 and custom iems without lod amp Last post on 9/5/11 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM socket issues Last post on 8/18/11 at 3:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Edited on 8/16/12
- Hi End CablesEdited on 1/8/12
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
- Hi End Cables
Fabs-fabulous earphones® Review - fabulously balanced custom IEMs - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“sound good, comfortable, iPhone compatible”“sound surrounds you, enough bass to make you want to sway”
- Pros:“Fantastic bass in every meaning of the word; mids are still forward and not killed by the bass; build quality is A++; fit for me was great”“very airy sound, isolation, decent bass,portability, design, built quality”
Dammit! The exchange rates are killing me, frigging weak dollar! $780 at time of posting WHY!?! I'm in the US would I have to pay VAT? how does that work...
You don't pay VAT.
These are it, these will be my first custom's, I need to bug Claus about the logic of Stainless steel shells (I've been told molds only last 5-7 years before your ear changes become troublesome and you'll have to get new molds, any input?, $1000+ for the shells is worth it, if I get an extreme discount when I need them redone) but for starters, I might go with black w/ black westone cables (any thoughts on this? I was thinking of TWAG cu cables if they really are pure copper, I hate silver) and if they are what I'm looking for I'll go stainless when available. Unfortunately, the rest of this year I have to pay off a CD player ($1,300 left on $2,400) and a SACD player ($1,400 left on $1,500) both used. But I will probably send them a non refundable deposit, to "lock" myself in so I don't forget.
Edited by BattleBrat - 8/5/11 at 10:25pm
The stainless steel shells are extravagant IMO and talking with Claus don't change the sound, but they would be awesome! Let us know what Claus says about discounts if they need to be redone.
As far as cables, I do really like the black Westone style cable, although the TWag cable I have is very nice! Between the two I would think the Whiplash cable has better long term durability.
Thanks. And its not about the name but about the sound
- Fabs-fabulous earphones® Review - fabulously balanced custom IEMs
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 16 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 53 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 3 minutes ago
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-300 Coming Soon! 7 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe