Bite the bullet and orders a Lyr for my HD650. Arrives later this week. Fingers crossed that it will be a good fit!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Valhalla Review Last post on 7/18/12 at 4:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Relays? (Advice needed) Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Today at 5:12 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS. - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It pairs/sounds good with virtually all headphones IMO, except IEMs.
You may experience some noise floor with efficient closed cans like the M50s but I have not found that bothersome on my Denon D7000s and it can also be lessoned depending on the valves (tubes).
Well, what IEM's are you using? With my Etymotic 4S's it drives them fantastically well... as it does with my Beyer 880 / 600 ohm cans.
And, if you are hearing a raised noise floor, you might have some noisy tubes.
I don't any negatives about this amp... it's a must have!
Quiet on my rig with stock tubes and HD600
Very quite on the stock tubes. Gets even quieter with other tubes.
planning to upgrade from a magni and modi to a bifrost + lyr or asgard 2 primarily for use with HE-500s.
ive read that some people prefer the solid state asgard 2 vs the lyr for some phones... mostly because of solid state vs tube sound... anyone prefer the asgard 2 over the lyr specifically for HE-500s?
just curious. have other headphones as well but i guess i dont use them much anymore when im at my desk since its all been HE-500s. IEMs get relegated to bedside use. but im guessing i may wanna go closed at times (momentum on ear, SRH940... also looking at the focal spirit pro now too) but it would be great if the new amp i get can also be used with whatever else i have (SRH940, SE425 IEMs, senn momentum on ears)
I know asgard is the most versatile. But anyone out there actually prefer the asgard over the lyr for the he500? Or is the lyr really that big of a leap vs the asgard for the he500 that I should just get it and forget about running my other sets on the lyr?
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
- New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 15 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 or Superlux HD 681 EVO? 43 seconds ago
- › Final Amp for HD800 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus. EML 2A3 Mesh. EML 5U4G. Shipping US or Pickup Chicago. 2 minutes ago
- › Help with buying Headphones/In ears 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 4 minutes ago
- › Thinking about getting a Fiio X5 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob