Bite the bullet and orders a Lyr for my HD650. Arrives later this week. Fingers crossed that it will be a good fit!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Valhalla Review Last post on 7/18/12 at 4:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Relays? (Advice needed) Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Today at 4:16 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS. - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It pairs/sounds good with virtually all headphones IMO, except IEMs.
You may experience some noise floor with efficient closed cans like the M50s but I have not found that bothersome on my Denon D7000s and it can also be lessoned depending on the valves (tubes).
Well, what IEM's are you using? With my Etymotic 4S's it drives them fantastically well... as it does with my Beyer 880 / 600 ohm cans.
And, if you are hearing a raised noise floor, you might have some noisy tubes.
I don't any negatives about this amp... it's a must have!
Quiet on my rig with stock tubes and HD600
Very quite on the stock tubes. Gets even quieter with other tubes.
planning to upgrade from a magni and modi to a bifrost + lyr or asgard 2 primarily for use with HE-500s.
ive read that some people prefer the solid state asgard 2 vs the lyr for some phones... mostly because of solid state vs tube sound... anyone prefer the asgard 2 over the lyr specifically for HE-500s?
just curious. have other headphones as well but i guess i dont use them much anymore when im at my desk since its all been HE-500s. IEMs get relegated to bedside use. but im guessing i may wanna go closed at times (momentum on ear, SRH940... also looking at the focal spirit pro now too) but it would be great if the new amp i get can also be used with whatever else i have (SRH940, SE425 IEMs, senn momentum on ears)
I know asgard is the most versatile. But anyone out there actually prefer the asgard over the lyr for the he500? Or is the lyr really that big of a leap vs the asgard for the he500 that I should just get it and forget about running my other sets on the lyr?
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
- New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best Headphones (NOT EARBUDS) For Biking With a Helmet 4 seconds ago
- › Fidelify - Spotify with ASIO and WASAPI support!!! 24 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for High Resolution Audio - Trance Music / EDM 5 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing the right pair of headphones 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude