Bite the bullet and orders a Lyr for my HD650. Arrives later this week. Fingers crossed that it will be a good fit!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Valhalla Review Last post on 7/18/12 at 4:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Relays? (Advice needed) Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Today at 2:08 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS. - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It pairs/sounds good with virtually all headphones IMO, except IEMs.
You may experience some noise floor with efficient closed cans like the M50s but I have not found that bothersome on my Denon D7000s and it can also be lessoned depending on the valves (tubes).
Well, what IEM's are you using? With my Etymotic 4S's it drives them fantastically well... as it does with my Beyer 880 / 600 ohm cans.
And, if you are hearing a raised noise floor, you might have some noisy tubes.
I don't any negatives about this amp... it's a must have!
Quiet on my rig with stock tubes and HD600
Very quite on the stock tubes. Gets even quieter with other tubes.
planning to upgrade from a magni and modi to a bifrost + lyr or asgard 2 primarily for use with HE-500s.
ive read that some people prefer the solid state asgard 2 vs the lyr for some phones... mostly because of solid state vs tube sound... anyone prefer the asgard 2 over the lyr specifically for HE-500s?
just curious. have other headphones as well but i guess i dont use them much anymore when im at my desk since its all been HE-500s. IEMs get relegated to bedside use. but im guessing i may wanna go closed at times (momentum on ear, SRH940... also looking at the focal spirit pro now too) but it would be great if the new amp i get can also be used with whatever else i have (SRH940, SE425 IEMs, senn momentum on ears)
I know asgard is the most versatile. But anyone out there actually prefer the asgard over the lyr for the he500? Or is the lyr really that big of a leap vs the asgard for the he500 that I should just get it and forget about running my other sets on the lyr?
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
- New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 5 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 25 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 28 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 32 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 47 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review 50 seconds ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 54 seconds ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 56 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob