Edition 10 is exactly 32 ohms. Is it specifically designed for the ED10?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Valhalla Review Last post on 7/18/12 at 4:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Relays? (Advice needed) Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on Yesterday at 10:10 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS. - Page 3
Lots of headphones are 32ohms: Denon D2/5/7000, DT77/88/990, Grado PS/GS1000, etc. At 6WPC, it sounds like the manufacturer had in mind the FOTMs: LCD2 and HE6 which require a lot of power.
[And I don't mean FOTM in a bad way though, lest folks feel I am insulting their pride. I've got LCD2s on order myself]
Edited by purrin - 12/27/10 at 10:03pm
Asgard doesn't use a wall-wart.
None of our products do.
(Sorry, engineering hoity-toityness struck. Bottom line: wall-warts can't provide the voltage and current we need.)
Lyr uses two separate internal transformers, together with over 20,000uF total filter capacitance and four separate rails to feed all the components. It don't need no eeex-ternal box, thanks!
Edited by Jason Stoddard - 12/27/10 at 10:10pm
Yikes. The Lyr sounds very interesting. It sounds similar a Melos, same tubes, MOSFET output stage, DC servo out, non-inverting, but the Lyr betters the Melos with more power, no-input caps, and probably much cleaner PCB layout. But Dynamically Adaptive Output Stage? Either the topology of the output is single-ended or not.
"It’s a current-sensing adaptive output topology which allows the amplifier to dynamically adjust to the headphone load. The primary benefits are essentially single-ended Class-A operation for high-impedance headphones (300-600 ohms), moving seamlessly to push-pull Class A and finally into Class AB as current needs increase. This provides much higher overall efficiency. It works by sensing the current flowing through the output stage, and dynamically reconfiguring from Class-A single-ended to push-pull Class AB. The result is both pure Class-A sound and the ability to drive virtually any headphone"
Just got my EF5 and HE5 from Grokit and then this Lyr sets my pants on fire....The EF5 is great with most sensitive cans, especially the ATH AD2000, but I could use a bit more juice for the HE5 just to see what the bejesus these orthos are all about....
Gonna need to sell all my contraband......
Jason...I just heard from some a**hole that the Schiit Lyr is going to be the last headphone amp I'll ever purchase (at least for a year or two). So I can give up this Schiity odsession (sorry) of trying to find the perfect amp for realistic music reproduction for headphones. Is this true?
Was thinking about being without the Lyr for a couple of months at least and thought what better than to start contemplating some tube rolling. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for changing or improving things... If this is possible.
- New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 20 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 47 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 56 seconds ago
- › Westone 4R 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › The release of FiiO X3's new firmware (FW2.1)—Nov 20th 2013 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi