Edition 10 is exactly 32 ohms. Is it specifically designed for the ED10?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Valhalla Review Last post on 7/18/12 at 4:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Relays? (Advice needed) Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Today at 12:37 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS. - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lots of headphones are 32ohms: Denon D2/5/7000, DT77/88/990, Grado PS/GS1000, etc. At 6WPC, it sounds like the manufacturer had in mind the FOTMs: LCD2 and HE6 which require a lot of power.
[And I don't mean FOTM in a bad way though, lest folks feel I am insulting their pride. I've got LCD2s on order myself]
Edited by purrin - 12/27/10 at 10:03pm
Asgard doesn't use a wall-wart.
None of our products do.
(Sorry, engineering hoity-toityness struck. Bottom line: wall-warts can't provide the voltage and current we need.)
Lyr uses two separate internal transformers, together with over 20,000uF total filter capacitance and four separate rails to feed all the components. It don't need no eeex-ternal box, thanks!
Edited by Jason Stoddard - 12/27/10 at 10:10pm
Yikes. The Lyr sounds very interesting. It sounds similar a Melos, same tubes, MOSFET output stage, DC servo out, non-inverting, but the Lyr betters the Melos with more power, no-input caps, and probably much cleaner PCB layout. But Dynamically Adaptive Output Stage? Either the topology of the output is single-ended or not.
"It’s a current-sensing adaptive output topology which allows the amplifier to dynamically adjust to the headphone load. The primary benefits are essentially single-ended Class-A operation for high-impedance headphones (300-600 ohms), moving seamlessly to push-pull Class A and finally into Class AB as current needs increase. This provides much higher overall efficiency. It works by sensing the current flowing through the output stage, and dynamically reconfiguring from Class-A single-ended to push-pull Class AB. The result is both pure Class-A sound and the ability to drive virtually any headphone"
Just got my EF5 and HE5 from Grokit and then this Lyr sets my pants on fire....The EF5 is great with most sensitive cans, especially the ATH AD2000, but I could use a bit more juice for the HE5 just to see what the bejesus these orthos are all about....
Gonna need to sell all my contraband......
Jason...I just heard from some a**hole that the Schiit Lyr is going to be the last headphone amp I'll ever purchase (at least for a year or two). So I can give up this Schiity odsession (sorry) of trying to find the perfect amp for realistic music reproduction for headphones. Is this true?
Was thinking about being without the Lyr for a couple of months at least and thought what better than to start contemplating some tube rolling. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for changing or improving things... If this is possible.
- New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... just now
- › JDS Labs Modified O2 and New Charger, COMES WITH FREE OP AMPS... 18 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 36 seconds ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 47 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 5 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob