or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS. - Page 18

post #256 of 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophonax View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

I am in market for a hybrid for akg k702 as I have been told if I want to go with a tube amp best is to go hybrid as for my price range tube alone for k702 is not possible. Anyone tried this with k702? Curious to find out. 


I don't think anyone other than Jason and Mike have yet had the pleasure of hearing this amp with the K701/2 -- the amp's not scheduled to be released until March 1.

 

Actually if you're considering this amp (priced at $449) for the K701/2, the Schiit Valhalla is an OTL tube amp that is a pretty good match for the K701/2, and it's actually priced lower, at only $349.  Just another option to consider.
 


thanks for the reply back. I have been told of Valhalla before for the k702 but I thought I'll wait for this one considering it is the new generation and possibly containing a better features than their old hybrids.

post #257 of 833

There are no old Schitt hybrids, just the SS and tube versions. The Lyr is their third amp and first hybrid.

post #258 of 833

Hi, Jason. New to this forum and I love to purchase your amp(s). I have to have black though. Yes, call me shallow or call me racist or call me whatever yo want but I like it in black since black is beautiful. Can you offer the Asgard or the Lyr in black? 

post #259 of 833

QUOTE: "I don't think anyone other than Jason and Mike have yet had the pleasure of hearing this amp with the K701/2 -- the amp's not scheduled to be released until March 1."

 

No Schiit?

I'll betcha that Rina has heard it too.L3000.gif

 

I want a shocking purple one with rainbow racing stripes and tassles on the sides.

When are you going to make these? Please, pretty please, with cherries on top?

My dentist had to install a permanent drain tube in my mouth because I'm salivating so much over this amp.

post #260 of 833
Thread Starter 

Hey all, I hear you on alternate finishes/options/etc, but one of the decisions we've had to make (to keep things simple, and simple = extremely high value) is that there won't be any alternate finishes/options/etc.

 

(but, in purely mercenary mode: if you really love black finish, how much extra would you pay for it?)

 

And yes, we like balanced. And we like discrete. 

post #261 of 833

I am the kind of guy who never cares for the look or in particular size. As long as it sound great I am up for it. After all it is an audiophile market, sound should play the key role, rest are secondary.

post #262 of 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

I am the kind of guy who never cares for the look or in particular size. As long as it sound great I am up for it. After all it is an audiophile market, sound should play the key role, rest are secondary.

I approve of this statement. Value and sound trump everything else for me. I am sure if you really cared about the looks of something, you could paint it or otherwise mod it to your liking. 

post #263 of 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

Hey all, I hear you on alternate finishes/options/etc, but one of the decisions we've had to make (to keep things simple, and simple = extremely high value) is that there won't be any alternate finishes/options/etc.

 

(but, in purely mercenary mode: if you really love black finish, how much extra would you pay for it?)

 

And yes, we like balanced. And we like discrete. 


Still keeping my eye out for a balanced Asgard-ish topology. cool.gif
post #264 of 833

Jason, I respect your decision so it is what it is. However, I would suggest a " special order" option for black or XLR.  How much ? It's a simple demand and supply thing. I would go for something around $50.00 extra for black finish. There you go more $$$ for your wallet.

post #265 of 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDOAN View Post

Jason, I respect your decision so it is what it is. However, I would suggest a " special order" option for black or XLR.  How much ? It's a simple demand and supply thing. I would go for something around $50.00 extra for black finish. There you go more $$$ for your wallet.


Why would you want XLR on a SE amplifier? That would cost them a lot to modify the cases (and would probably require altering the PCBs, if I understand this build enough). It would be much easier to just use a balanced to SE adapter.
post #266 of 833

I think I've mentioned this before, but has anyone tried hooking up two Asgards (or Valhallas) with RCA/XLR adapters to make a pseudo balanced setup?

post #267 of 833

I don't.  I know the Asgard is SE amp. I just follow-up on your remark asking for balanced topology. If  I have misread you, it's my fault.

 

I do know see any benefit to use the XLR/ XLR adapters when the the circuit is not  true balanced just as the case of Rotel, Anthem, and Bryston amps.

 

post #268 of 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDOAN View Post

I don't.  I know the Asgard is SE amp. I just follow-up on your remark asking for balanced topology. If  I have misread you, it's my fault.

 

I do know see any benefit to use the XLR/ XLR adapters when the the circuit is not  true balanced just as the case of Rotel, Anthem, and Bryston amps.

 



Ah, I get it now. I thought you wanted a single ended XLR output. D'oh!
post #269 of 833


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolink24 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDOAN View Post

I don't.  I know the Asgard is SE amp. I just follow-up on your remark asking for balanced topology. If  I have misread you, it's my fault.

 

I do know see any benefit to use the XLR/ XLR adapters when the the circuit is not  true balanced just as the case of Rotel, Anthem, and Bryston amps.

 





Ah, I get it now. I thought you wanted a single ended XLR output. D'oh!


There was a 10/10 Asgard on A'gon for $175.00 shipped few days ago. I didn't buy it since I prefer black. It's gone after 1 day of listing. Must be a good Schiit !  PS: no punt intended

post #270 of 833

I wouldn't pay more for fancy colors and options we don't need I think that goes against the whole philosophy behind the Schitt amps.  I think the fact that such quality amps are made by hand in the USA for a price that is competitive to amps made in China is way cooler than having fancy colors and options.  IMO.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.