Bumping a way old thread as this thing is still out there and there still isnt much info out there on it. Anyone else have anything new to add?
Related Forum Threads
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp For AKG K240 MKIi Last post on 8/12/12 at 8:24am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Leckerton Audio UHA-3 Issues Last post on 7/16/12 at 8:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Superlux HA3D Headphone amplifier - Page 2post #16 of 226/20/13 at 2:33pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 2210/9/13 at 7:39amQuote:Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger
Apparently it is portable (runs in batteries)
the article at headphonia is very flattering.
- 3 headphone outputs each one with volume control, 3 6.5 mm and on 3.5 in parallel with the first6.5 mm one.
- takes 2 AA batteries, or direct AC power.
- not sure how much weight.
- read the headphonia article lol
i'd gladly give it a try but cant find where to buy.
I have one.
Bought it from Thomann.de here is the link:
I find that it is a very decent headphone amp,powers my HD800,Akg 701,and my Ultrazone DJ1 all at the same time,great for when I have late night visitors and we want to listen to music a bit loud.
Only minus I found was that when you turn the volume down then,just before ''0''the left channel turns of before the right.At normal listening level,the balance is fine.post #18 of 2210/9/13 at 8:04am
Yea Ive got one now too. They pop up on eBay fairly often though most of the time they are over priced. I havent experienced the issue you mentioned when turning the volume low and one channel shuts off before the other, but I havent paid close enough attention either. Ill have to check that out.post #19 of 224/13/14 at 12:27am
I got one too. not much use, but ill put it to use again with the hd800 and ifi's idsd. Oh, one main issue with this thing is, it goes through the battery really quick. But when plugged, it is a decent sounding amp with decent sound stage
Edited by rptlead - 4/13/14 at 12:28ampost #20 of 224/16/14 at 7:28ampost #21 of 226/3/14 at 5:36am
I've been using HA3D for a while (until selling it not so long ago) with Q701, K601, K612 PRO, HD600 and few others. It has a lot of power and can drive three high impedance headphones all plugged at once very good. The only thing that i wasn't satisfied was the bass. It felt a little bit uncontrolled. Also when you were turning down the volume, at the ultra low listening volume level you could hear the sound was panned on right channel - not really anything you could worry about but shouldn't be like that i suppose.
But yes, the low end is a definitely the weakest point of that sturdy amp and to be honest that was the reason why i sold it.post #22 of 226/3/14 at 9:25amQuote:Originally Posted by ben_r_
Yea Ive got one now too. They pop up on eBay fairly often though most of the time they are over priced. I havent experienced the issue you mentioned when turning the volume low and one channel shuts off before the other, but I havent paid close enough attention either. Ill have to check that out.
Hi Ben . did you check?
- Superlux HA3D Headphone amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 4 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 54 seconds ago
- › IE80 or V MODA ZN 55 seconds ago
- › Has anyone tested the Beoplay h5 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › DT880 to what? 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 5 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear