Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Sennheiser hd 558 cable replacement question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser hd 558 cable replacement question - Page 5

post #61 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_r_ View Post
 

Here is another option for a new cable: LINK

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTc1YTAzMWYwNGY2Y2UyNWYyMTk3ODA1MWY1NzExODdlNTMzfHxPUklHSU5BTF9FQkFZX1FVQUxJVFlfU0NPUkU9NHx8Q1JFQVRJT05fREFURT03LzI4LzEzIDEyOjQ0IFBN

 

I just got this cable. So far it sounds pretty good. I got the shortest length (1.2m). Looks great and classy with my HD598.

 

I have listened to a few different songs and cannot notice a difference in sound quality (though maybe my ears are not that sensitive).

 

The only gripe I have, is that the headphone connector (the small jack) is a little stiff and hard to grab to pull out once put in, and can be a little stiff.

 

Photo link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakayume/10178940575/

post #62 of 66

I just wanted to say that I ordered the same cable from [b]low20101020[/b]. Shipping takes about less than 2 weeks.

 

It's worth it. It's SO worth it.  The quality of the cable is 10/10.   The seller (low20101020) is also very responsive to any problems. 

 

I really do recommend the wire. Now I am so happy with my sennheiser HD558.  It's perfect now!!

post #63 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by stisev View Post
 

I just wanted to say that I ordered the same cable from [b]low20101020[/b]. Shipping takes about less than 2 weeks.

 

It's worth it. It's SO worth it.  The quality of the cable is 10/10.   The seller (low20101020) is also very responsive to any problems. 

 

I really do recommend the wire. Now I am so happy with my sennheiser HD558.  It's perfect now!!

 

Could you tell me if the connectors are closed or screw on? I'd like to make a custom cable for my 598s and since I can't find the 2.5mm connector anywhere, I'd like to get this cable and take the connectors from this. This might be impossibly, though, if the connectors do not unscrew for soldering access.

post #64 of 66

Um yeah I've had the 558s for less than 10 minutes now and I already broke down and ordered the short cable.   The regular cable is totally unwieldy.   I don't know what they where thinking with a 6.3mm plug though.     It's not like a smaller plug will sound any worse

post #65 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
 

Um yeah I've had the 558s for less than 10 minutes now and I already broke down and ordered the short cable.   The regular cable is totally unwieldy.   I don't know what they where thinking with a 6.3mm plug though.     It's not like a smaller plug will sound any worse

 

I'm wondering if Sennheiser was trying to keep gamers from buying the lower costing HD518/HD558 by having the headphones come with the 1/4" plug.

Where as the more costly Senn gaming headsets came with the 3.5mm jack.

post #66 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

 

I'm wondering if Sennheiser was trying to keep gamers from buying the lower costing HD518/HD558 by having the headphones come with the 1/4" plug.

Where as the more costly Senn gaming headsets came with the 3.5mm jack.

Not sure but, it would have been nice if they just went with a 3.5mm plug and threw in a 6.3mm adapter for those who need it rather than the other way around.   I can't even get my clip and fiio e6 in my breast pocket easily.   Worst case scenario is some people would have to buy an adapter for 50 cents on monoprice.  But, instead I spent 1/4 the price of the headphones for a freaking cable.   Everything under the sun can take a 3.5mm plug I can't think of many that take a 6.3mm plug. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Sennheiser hd 558 cable replacement question