interested in how the decwarwe zen csp2+ compares to a bottlehead crack with speedball using senn HD650s... any input?
Related Forum Threads
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) Last post on Yesterday at 12:46 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Bijou or the Crack OTL amplifier? Last post on 9/9/11 at 11:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the Huaham E701 Silence Dreamer in-ear monitor was on sale for $26.99 USD on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Review Introduction Many thanks to samma3a.com for providing me with a ASG2.5 for a week to review. Aurisonics is a Nashville, Tennessee, US based company that produces...
For music on the go. This are my favourites for the moment. I rate it even higher than the Sennheiser Momentum because the cans are much more comfortable. In terms of Bass qualities,I prefer...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
- Headphone Impedance
anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Old thread (and I haven't personally demoed the Crack), but I'd be willing to wager a hundred bucks that the Decware would easily be the favorite in such a matchup.
Bottlehead products are fun to build, affordable, and great for learning the ropes but in my experience (I have built several kits) they typically do not outperform equipment built by dedicated component builders. i.e. Bottlehead products are not "giant killers". They perform well at their price tier, but not much beyond that.
I have not had an opportunity to audition the Bottlehead with or without the Crack option. That would be fun. The Decware is fantastic with the HD650's. Clean, powerful and 3 dimensional. Tube choices are inexpensive (Unless you start getting into Western Electric 274B's then all bets are off!) I have a $20 Rectifier (Jan Sylvania 5U4G) a $35 Genalex Gold Lion E88CC Driver and 2 stock 6N1P's ($9-$11)....Less than $75 total and the sound is terrific.
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › AKG K7XX Massdrop Limited Edition Headphones vs Beyerdynamic... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by mark2410
- › Huaham Ultimate Edition E701 Noodle Style Ergonomics Noise... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Koolpep
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Chiek
- › Graham Slee Lautus USB Cable by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by Chiek
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2