interested in how the decwarwe zen csp2+ compares to a bottlehead crack with speedball using senn HD650s... any input?
Related Forum Threads
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) Last post on 7/7/14 at 9:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Bijou or the Crack OTL amplifier? Last post on 9/9/11 at 11:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
- Headphone Impedance
anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Old thread (and I haven't personally demoed the Crack), but I'd be willing to wager a hundred bucks that the Decware would easily be the favorite in such a matchup.
Bottlehead products are fun to build, affordable, and great for learning the ropes but in my experience (I have built several kits) they typically do not outperform equipment built by dedicated component builders. i.e. Bottlehead products are not "giant killers". They perform well at their price tier, but not much beyond that.
I have not had an opportunity to audition the Bottlehead with or without the Crack option. That would be fun. The Decware is fantastic with the HD650's. Clean, powerful and 3 dimensional. Tube choices are inexpensive (Unless you start getting into Western Electric 274B's then all bets are off!) I have a $20 Rectifier (Jan Sylvania 5U4G) a $35 Genalex Gold Lion E88CC Driver and 2 stock 6N1P's ($9-$11)....Less than $75 total and the sound is terrific.
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Bryston BDA-2 DAC Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 4 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)