interested in how the decwarwe zen csp2+ compares to a bottlehead crack with speedball using senn HD650s... any input?
Related Forum Threads
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) Last post on 11/27/14 at 11:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Bijou or the Crack OTL amplifier? Last post on 9/9/11 at 11:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
- Headphone Impedance
anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Old thread (and I haven't personally demoed the Crack), but I'd be willing to wager a hundred bucks that the Decware would easily be the favorite in such a matchup.
Bottlehead products are fun to build, affordable, and great for learning the ropes but in my experience (I have built several kits) they typically do not outperform equipment built by dedicated component builders. i.e. Bottlehead products are not "giant killers". They perform well at their price tier, but not much beyond that.
I have not had an opportunity to audition the Bottlehead with or without the Crack option. That would be fun. The Decware is fantastic with the HD650's. Clean, powerful and 3 dimensional. Tube choices are inexpensive (Unless you start getting into Western Electric 274B's then all bets are off!) I have a $20 Rectifier (Jan Sylvania 5U4G) a $35 Genalex Gold Lion E88CC Driver and 2 stock 6N1P's ($9-$11)....Less than $75 total and the sound is terrific.
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 12 seconds ago
- › DSD recordings 5 minutes ago
- › SIBILANCE - List the headphones you have sold because of sibilance 5 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › [WTB] UM PRO 30 7 minutes ago
- › Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 minutes ago
- › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120 12 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 13 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2