Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 12/9/13 at 12:02pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 67post #991 of 22403/9/13 at 12:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #992 of 22403/9/13 at 1:02pmpost #993 of 22403/9/13 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Happy Camper
The size of amp is dependent on the design. The Nelson Pass amps have two different (more really but keeping it simple) designs for different loads. One is a voltage gain device and the other is a current device. The 10 watt F1 is miles more effective than say a regular 100 watt speaker amp with the 6s. I'm going to make a semi experienced guess to say 60-80 watts @ 8 ohms is about the most you'd want to put on them safely. There have been guys trying them on a 500w amp but you have to be very sure of your volume controls for something crazy like that. I recently blew my 6s when I pushed the wrong button on a new DAC and put the full 2v signal to a pair of 125w monoblocks that were set up for auto sense to come on. Living on the edge means sometimes experiencing the other side to know where it is. Not recommended for public consumption.
Thanks for the insight on these mysterious boxes (Nelson Pass amps). If I lived any closer, I'd get together with you over Pizza while you're waiting.post #994 of 22403/9/13 at 1:15pmQuote:
Hey - don't forget me... I'll bring the tea.... ha ha ha....post #995 of 22403/9/13 at 1:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by wuwhere
Duelund Graphite Silver CAST Resistors
That's even better as they are UK based.post #996 of 22403/9/13 at 2:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by wuwhere
Duelund Graphite Silver CAST Resistors
Thank you and thank you to happy camper. Seems worthwhile
Garypost #997 of 22403/9/13 at 2:40pmQuote:
A Support Group for the ages...I'd love to hang out with y'all some day. Never know when one of us is gonna be amp-less or can-less. Now that I think about that, it's a rather disturbing thought. The absence of audio?post #998 of 22403/9/13 at 2:58pm
What would be the models for the two types of resistors? There seems to be two judging from the pictures.
I'm a fan of DIY, so this feels like a worthwhile mod. Thanks for the suggestion.
Edited by Benjamin6264 - 3/9/13 at 3:01pmpost #999 of 22403/9/13 at 3:19pmQuote:
You can make your own graphite resistors using pencil leads.post #1000 of 22403/9/13 at 3:27pm
That is really cool! Thank you Wuwhere!Quote:Originally Posted by wuwhere
You can make your own graphite resistors using pencil leads.post #1001 of 22403/9/13 at 3:51pm
The thing though is you would not know the power handling and the tolerance of a diy graphite resistor. However, you can compare them with a non-graphite and hear if there is a difference.post #1002 of 22403/9/13 at 7:17pmpost #1003 of 22403/9/13 at 7:23pmQuote:
I know the 25 ohm in series is 1/4 watt, the 10 ohm in parallel is probably 10 watts.
You can also look at the picture and figure out the values from the resistance stripe codes.
Edited by wuwhere - 3/9/13 at 7:30pmpost #1004 of 22403/9/13 at 7:44pmpost #1005 of 22403/9/13 at 7:53pm
Also, I believe that the small 25 ohm 1/4 watt resistor in series was put in there to protect the HE-6 from over-current. If you calculate the total impedance of the 10 ohm resistor in parallel with the 50 ohm HE-6 and in series with the 25 ohm resistor, its still about 8 ohms.
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... 6 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 23 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 41 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 4 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe