looks like the silent one will have no headaches with the HE-6.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
The Final Audio Design (FAD) Heaven VII was sent to me by Final UK as a part of the European review tour. I’d like to give them a big THANK YOU for including me on the tour and giving me a chance...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 63post #931 of 41352/20/13 at 9:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #932 of 41352/20/13 at 9:45pm
Would it be fair to say that if an amp does well with the HE-6 it will also do well with the HD-800? I guess a warm amp (i.e., that's why I ordered the Darkstar) would tame the treble in both of these two - in the eyes of many - treble happy headphones? By the way, I've also kind of noticed that if the HD-800 does well with an amp, so will the T1.post #933 of 41352/21/13 at 3:05pmpost #934 of 41352/21/13 at 3:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by figaro69
the HE-6 may or may not be the ideal classical headphone...I just don't know yet because they haven't been properly driven yet. These headphones have great potential...they just haven't fulfilled it yet. What I hear with chamber
Music and pop music is wonderful...there's got to be a way to make them sing with large orchestral works. I'm obsessed with this headphone...he's gotten into my head. This headphone has become my Moby Dick that I just have to finally catch...but the critter is so elusive and cunning!!! By the way, I love the HD800s and T1s with the Decware CSP2 in large orchestral works...but I will only be able to dismiss the HE-6 as less than great for classical when I am finally able to hear them properly driven. But it will be the darkstar or bust since I'm not spending more money on the beast. If I'm unable to climb K2 I'm moving on to Mt. Everest (sr009 and blue Hawaii).
Be cool Captain Hook. Man you are funny. I'll be in the market for a used DS sure nuff..post #935 of 41352/21/13 at 3:21pmpost #936 of 41352/21/13 at 3:24pmQuote:
O damn.. That's right.. Capt. Ahab..post #937 of 41352/21/13 at 3:33pmpost #938 of 41352/21/13 at 3:37pm
This has to be the most intriguing and entertaining thread on HF to sit down with a bowl of tea on a daily basis. The intrigue and pursuit of pairings has me wanting to bring these cans into my inventory.
Tales here of Moby Dick just prompted me to watch/listen to and post Ramsey Lewis' vid - "Fish Bite."
Edited by Silent One - 2/21/13 at 3:53pmpost #939 of 41352/21/13 at 3:54pmpost #940 of 41352/21/13 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by figaro69
Well, if it's any consolation, the Soundtrack to the film "Soup For One" by CHIC is simply stunning!post #941 of 41352/21/13 at 4:00pmpost #942 of 41352/21/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
Going broke...eating soup for one...all alone...inside an empty home. Lyric references aside, it's a great track! I'm almost certain you'll tame the HeManCans...post #943 of 41352/21/13 at 4:26pmpost #944 of 41352/21/13 at 4:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by figaro69
That you have a deep appreciation for music makes it alright with me.
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Need helping buying a new pair of Headphones 9 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 44 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 2 minutes ago
- › fiio e17k vs fiio e18 vs ibasso d-zero mk2 2 minutes ago
- › Kennerton ODIN : the revelation 3 minutes ago
- › Grado 325e vs Yamaha MT220 vs ATH-MSR7 comfort and is crispness the... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225e owner: Sr325e vs PS500e vs RS2e - which way to upgrade? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3