looks like the silent one will have no headaches with the HE-6.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 63post #931 of 46092/20/13 at 9:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #932 of 46092/20/13 at 9:45pm
Would it be fair to say that if an amp does well with the HE-6 it will also do well with the HD-800? I guess a warm amp (i.e., that's why I ordered the Darkstar) would tame the treble in both of these two - in the eyes of many - treble happy headphones? By the way, I've also kind of noticed that if the HD-800 does well with an amp, so will the T1.post #933 of 46092/21/13 at 3:05pmpost #934 of 46092/21/13 at 3:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by figaro69
the HE-6 may or may not be the ideal classical headphone...I just don't know yet because they haven't been properly driven yet. These headphones have great potential...they just haven't fulfilled it yet. What I hear with chamber
Music and pop music is wonderful...there's got to be a way to make them sing with large orchestral works. I'm obsessed with this headphone...he's gotten into my head. This headphone has become my Moby Dick that I just have to finally catch...but the critter is so elusive and cunning!!! By the way, I love the HD800s and T1s with the Decware CSP2 in large orchestral works...but I will only be able to dismiss the HE-6 as less than great for classical when I am finally able to hear them properly driven. But it will be the darkstar or bust since I'm not spending more money on the beast. If I'm unable to climb K2 I'm moving on to Mt. Everest (sr009 and blue Hawaii).
Be cool Captain Hook. Man you are funny. I'll be in the market for a used DS sure nuff..post #935 of 46092/21/13 at 3:21pmpost #936 of 46092/21/13 at 3:24pmQuote:
O damn.. That's right.. Capt. Ahab..post #937 of 46092/21/13 at 3:33pmpost #938 of 46092/21/13 at 3:37pm
This has to be the most intriguing and entertaining thread on HF to sit down with a bowl of tea on a daily basis. The intrigue and pursuit of pairings has me wanting to bring these cans into my inventory.
Tales here of Moby Dick just prompted me to watch/listen to and post Ramsey Lewis' vid - "Fish Bite."
Edited by Silent One - 2/21/13 at 3:53pmpost #939 of 46092/21/13 at 3:54pmpost #940 of 46092/21/13 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by figaro69
Well, if it's any consolation, the Soundtrack to the film "Soup For One" by CHIC is simply stunning!post #941 of 46092/21/13 at 4:00pmpost #942 of 46092/21/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
Going broke...eating soup for one...all alone...inside an empty home. Lyric references aside, it's a great track! I'm almost certain you'll tame the HeManCans...post #943 of 46092/21/13 at 4:26pmpost #944 of 46092/21/13 at 4:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by figaro69
That you have a deep appreciation for music makes it alright with me.
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: Fall 2016 25 seconds ago
- › SE215 vs RHA MA750 vs T10 25 seconds ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 1 minute ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › F.S. NIB LH Labs Vibrato + Free Shipping 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 4 minutes ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 5 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...