looks like the silent one will have no headaches with the HE-6.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 63post #931 of 46852/20/13 at 9:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #932 of 46852/20/13 at 9:45pm
Would it be fair to say that if an amp does well with the HE-6 it will also do well with the HD-800? I guess a warm amp (i.e., that's why I ordered the Darkstar) would tame the treble in both of these two - in the eyes of many - treble happy headphones? By the way, I've also kind of noticed that if the HD-800 does well with an amp, so will the T1.post #933 of 46852/21/13 at 3:05pmpost #934 of 46852/21/13 at 3:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by figaro69
the HE-6 may or may not be the ideal classical headphone...I just don't know yet because they haven't been properly driven yet. These headphones have great potential...they just haven't fulfilled it yet. What I hear with chamber
Music and pop music is wonderful...there's got to be a way to make them sing with large orchestral works. I'm obsessed with this headphone...he's gotten into my head. This headphone has become my Moby Dick that I just have to finally catch...but the critter is so elusive and cunning!!! By the way, I love the HD800s and T1s with the Decware CSP2 in large orchestral works...but I will only be able to dismiss the HE-6 as less than great for classical when I am finally able to hear them properly driven. But it will be the darkstar or bust since I'm not spending more money on the beast. If I'm unable to climb K2 I'm moving on to Mt. Everest (sr009 and blue Hawaii).
Be cool Captain Hook. Man you are funny. I'll be in the market for a used DS sure nuff..post #935 of 46852/21/13 at 3:21pmpost #936 of 46852/21/13 at 3:24pmQuote:
O damn.. That's right.. Capt. Ahab..post #937 of 46852/21/13 at 3:33pmpost #938 of 46852/21/13 at 3:37pm
This has to be the most intriguing and entertaining thread on HF to sit down with a bowl of tea on a daily basis. The intrigue and pursuit of pairings has me wanting to bring these cans into my inventory.
Tales here of Moby Dick just prompted me to watch/listen to and post Ramsey Lewis' vid - "Fish Bite."
Edited by Silent One - 2/21/13 at 3:53pmpost #939 of 46852/21/13 at 3:54pmpost #940 of 46852/21/13 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by figaro69
Well, if it's any consolation, the Soundtrack to the film "Soup For One" by CHIC is simply stunning!post #941 of 46852/21/13 at 4:00pmpost #942 of 46852/21/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
Going broke...eating soup for one...all alone...inside an empty home. Lyric references aside, it's a great track! I'm almost certain you'll tame the HeManCans...post #943 of 46852/21/13 at 4:26pmpost #944 of 46852/21/13 at 4:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by figaro69
That you have a deep appreciation for music makes it alright with me.
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 11 seconds ago
- › POLL Which is the best IEM connector or socket tyoe? 36 seconds ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 50 seconds ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - October 2016 (date TBD) 1 minute ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio Complete Rack iCAN SE, iDSD Micro, iTUBE, iUSB3, iRACK,... 2 minutes ago
- › getting more worn out from listening? 2 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...