- 57 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Beijing China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 54post #796 of 475312/9/12 at 3:11amGood ! You got my point
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #797 of 475312/9/12 at 3:37am
Yeah, i found it and likely to stick by it for a long while..just enjoying my music and looking at expanding my record collection instead
The amp is rated circa 185W @ 8 ohms, which i presume to come from the speaker taps. As to the headphone jack, best check with Skylab - he be the Yoda of all things vintage here I just tried it via the speaker taps with the HE adaptor in place - lovely, more noticeable body, dynamics and slam. These cans with this amp is great for metal! Not sure if it suits audiophile recordings but these ears have been ravaged by metal since i can remember so I'm more than happy with the combo and the genre of music i primarily listen to.post #798 of 475312/9/12 at 4:00amGreat for metal? Hell yeah！\m/
I am MeTaL fans too
BUT I think playback well metal music not only needs dynamics and slam
It needs high resolution , smooth and stability also
so that you could really taste metal and feel the soul of it
IMO, playback metal is harder than classicalpost #799 of 475312/9/12 at 5:51am
Hahahaha...my ears are not so refined and I'm used to all sorts of underground metal music with crappy recording so if it has slam and speed and makes me feel darkness in my soul, that's good enough for mepost #800 of 475312/9/12 at 1:27pm
Just checked again Burson Soloist versus Audio-gd Master-6 amp with the HE-6.
In terms of bass impact, power, tightness and punch, I still don't think there is any difference between the two. If there is, it is very subtle.
However, there is a difference in terms of the mids: The Master-6 has both a slightly warmer AND better resolved midrange. This could be the difference between the balanced connection with a warm sounding XLR cable versus the single ended connection to the Soloist, having a somewhat lean sounding RCA cable. This difference between my two cables are known to me before, and at this point I attribute the sonic difference to the connections of the amps.
In my book - the Burson Soloist has NO trouble driving the HE-6 to at least relatively loud levels. It won't drive it to crazy loud levels though. At the end of the day: Will I keep it? Yes - but no. Yes, because I really like it. No, because I want the Burson Conductor, which is a Soloist amp plus a DAC in one box.post #801 of 475312/11/12 at 6:40amSpeaker out sound stronger, smoother and altogether fuller-bodied. Headphone out was grainier and less clarity in terms of instrument separation. Can anyone suggest a modern amp able to drive the 6 to similar levels? Looking for a back up in case the vintage fails....post #802 of 475312/11/12 at 3:36pmQuote:
+1 on the modern amp. And perhaps within the same price range or at least within +$1000.
Edited by Cante Ista - 12/11/12 at 3:38pmpost #803 of 475312/12/12 at 9:23pmpost #804 of 475312/13/12 at 12:11pmpost #805 of 475312/14/12 at 1:57ampost #806 of 475312/14/12 at 9:02ampost #807 of 475312/14/12 at 9:23am
$20 can net you a receiver from a flea market or pawn shop. Tap the wires directly to the speaker outputs.post #808 of 475312/14/12 at 10:08amA lot are using vintage 2 ch. receivers/integrated/amps in the 50-100 up to 200w range such as Pioneer, Sansui, Marantz, Rotel, NAD, Onkyo, etc.
Some are using the Emotiva & Virtue amps for value, some more hi end amps like BAT, AR, Simaudio, etcpost #809 of 475312/14/12 at 10:25ampost #810 of 475312/14/12 at 10:48amQuote:
I am really impressed by my t-amp Topping TP-60, detailed and great frequency extension.
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 1989 VS 2017............M.............E!! 2 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods (All verified mods are on first... 16 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 18 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 19 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 20 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 21 minutes ago
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...