- 57 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Beijing China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 54post #796 of 461112/9/12 at 3:11amGood ! You got my point
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #797 of 461112/9/12 at 3:37am
Yeah, i found it and likely to stick by it for a long while..just enjoying my music and looking at expanding my record collection instead
The amp is rated circa 185W @ 8 ohms, which i presume to come from the speaker taps. As to the headphone jack, best check with Skylab - he be the Yoda of all things vintage here I just tried it via the speaker taps with the HE adaptor in place - lovely, more noticeable body, dynamics and slam. These cans with this amp is great for metal! Not sure if it suits audiophile recordings but these ears have been ravaged by metal since i can remember so I'm more than happy with the combo and the genre of music i primarily listen to.post #798 of 461112/9/12 at 4:00amGreat for metal? Hell yeah！\m/
I am MeTaL fans too
BUT I think playback well metal music not only needs dynamics and slam
It needs high resolution , smooth and stability also
so that you could really taste metal and feel the soul of it
IMO, playback metal is harder than classicalpost #799 of 461112/9/12 at 5:51am
Hahahaha...my ears are not so refined and I'm used to all sorts of underground metal music with crappy recording so if it has slam and speed and makes me feel darkness in my soul, that's good enough for mepost #800 of 461112/9/12 at 1:27pm
Just checked again Burson Soloist versus Audio-gd Master-6 amp with the HE-6.
In terms of bass impact, power, tightness and punch, I still don't think there is any difference between the two. If there is, it is very subtle.
However, there is a difference in terms of the mids: The Master-6 has both a slightly warmer AND better resolved midrange. This could be the difference between the balanced connection with a warm sounding XLR cable versus the single ended connection to the Soloist, having a somewhat lean sounding RCA cable. This difference between my two cables are known to me before, and at this point I attribute the sonic difference to the connections of the amps.
In my book - the Burson Soloist has NO trouble driving the HE-6 to at least relatively loud levels. It won't drive it to crazy loud levels though. At the end of the day: Will I keep it? Yes - but no. Yes, because I really like it. No, because I want the Burson Conductor, which is a Soloist amp plus a DAC in one box.post #801 of 461112/11/12 at 6:40amSpeaker out sound stronger, smoother and altogether fuller-bodied. Headphone out was grainier and less clarity in terms of instrument separation. Can anyone suggest a modern amp able to drive the 6 to similar levels? Looking for a back up in case the vintage fails....post #802 of 461112/11/12 at 3:36pmQuote:
+1 on the modern amp. And perhaps within the same price range or at least within +$1000.
Edited by Cante Ista - 12/11/12 at 3:38pmpost #803 of 461112/12/12 at 9:23pmpost #804 of 461112/13/12 at 12:11pmpost #805 of 461112/14/12 at 1:57ampost #806 of 461112/14/12 at 9:02ampost #807 of 461112/14/12 at 9:23am
$20 can net you a receiver from a flea market or pawn shop. Tap the wires directly to the speaker outputs.post #808 of 461112/14/12 at 10:08amA lot are using vintage 2 ch. receivers/integrated/amps in the 50-100 up to 200w range such as Pioneer, Sansui, Marantz, Rotel, NAD, Onkyo, etc.
Some are using the Emotiva & Virtue amps for value, some more hi end amps like BAT, AR, Simaudio, etcpost #809 of 461112/14/12 at 10:25ampost #810 of 461112/14/12 at 10:48amQuote:
I am really impressed by my t-amp Topping TP-60, detailed and great frequency extension.
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 1 second ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 22 seconds ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: Fall 2016 32 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 39 seconds ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: SoundMagic HP200 1 minute ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD New NOS 7 2016 Edition Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...