- 57 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Beijing China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 54post #796 of 321112/9/12 at 3:11amGood ! You got my point
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #797 of 321112/9/12 at 3:37am
Yeah, i found it and likely to stick by it for a long while..just enjoying my music and looking at expanding my record collection instead
The amp is rated circa 185W @ 8 ohms, which i presume to come from the speaker taps. As to the headphone jack, best check with Skylab - he be the Yoda of all things vintage here I just tried it via the speaker taps with the HE adaptor in place - lovely, more noticeable body, dynamics and slam. These cans with this amp is great for metal! Not sure if it suits audiophile recordings but these ears have been ravaged by metal since i can remember so I'm more than happy with the combo and the genre of music i primarily listen to.post #798 of 321112/9/12 at 4:00amGreat for metal? Hell yeah！\m/
I am MeTaL fans too
BUT I think playback well metal music not only needs dynamics and slam
It needs high resolution , smooth and stability also
so that you could really taste metal and feel the soul of it
IMO, playback metal is harder than classicalpost #799 of 321112/9/12 at 5:51am
Hahahaha...my ears are not so refined and I'm used to all sorts of underground metal music with crappy recording so if it has slam and speed and makes me feel darkness in my soul, that's good enough for mepost #800 of 321112/9/12 at 1:27pm
Just checked again Burson Soloist versus Audio-gd Master-6 amp with the HE-6.
In terms of bass impact, power, tightness and punch, I still don't think there is any difference between the two. If there is, it is very subtle.
However, there is a difference in terms of the mids: The Master-6 has both a slightly warmer AND better resolved midrange. This could be the difference between the balanced connection with a warm sounding XLR cable versus the single ended connection to the Soloist, having a somewhat lean sounding RCA cable. This difference between my two cables are known to me before, and at this point I attribute the sonic difference to the connections of the amps.
In my book - the Burson Soloist has NO trouble driving the HE-6 to at least relatively loud levels. It won't drive it to crazy loud levels though. At the end of the day: Will I keep it? Yes - but no. Yes, because I really like it. No, because I want the Burson Conductor, which is a Soloist amp plus a DAC in one box.post #801 of 321112/11/12 at 6:40amSpeaker out sound stronger, smoother and altogether fuller-bodied. Headphone out was grainier and less clarity in terms of instrument separation. Can anyone suggest a modern amp able to drive the 6 to similar levels? Looking for a back up in case the vintage fails....post #802 of 321112/11/12 at 3:36pmQuote:
+1 on the modern amp. And perhaps within the same price range or at least within +$1000.
Edited by Cante Ista - 12/11/12 at 3:38pmpost #803 of 321112/12/12 at 9:23pmpost #804 of 321112/13/12 at 12:11pmpost #805 of 321112/14/12 at 1:57ampost #806 of 321112/14/12 at 9:02ampost #807 of 321112/14/12 at 9:23am
$20 can net you a receiver from a flea market or pawn shop. Tap the wires directly to the speaker outputs.post #808 of 321112/14/12 at 10:08amA lot are using vintage 2 ch. receivers/integrated/amps in the 50-100 up to 200w range such as Pioneer, Sansui, Marantz, Rotel, NAD, Onkyo, etc.
Some are using the Emotiva & Virtue amps for value, some more hi end amps like BAT, AR, Simaudio, etcpost #809 of 321112/14/12 at 10:25ampost #810 of 321112/14/12 at 10:48amQuote:
I am really impressed by my t-amp Topping TP-60, detailed and great frequency extension.
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio E11 For sennhiser hd 600 6 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 4-45 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 10 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 12 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 13 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)