- 57 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Beijing China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 54post #796 of 471612/9/12 at 3:11amGood ! You got my point
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #797 of 471612/9/12 at 3:37am
Yeah, i found it and likely to stick by it for a long while..just enjoying my music and looking at expanding my record collection instead
The amp is rated circa 185W @ 8 ohms, which i presume to come from the speaker taps. As to the headphone jack, best check with Skylab - he be the Yoda of all things vintage here I just tried it via the speaker taps with the HE adaptor in place - lovely, more noticeable body, dynamics and slam. These cans with this amp is great for metal! Not sure if it suits audiophile recordings but these ears have been ravaged by metal since i can remember so I'm more than happy with the combo and the genre of music i primarily listen to.post #798 of 471612/9/12 at 4:00amGreat for metal? Hell yeah！\m/
I am MeTaL fans too
BUT I think playback well metal music not only needs dynamics and slam
It needs high resolution , smooth and stability also
so that you could really taste metal and feel the soul of it
IMO, playback metal is harder than classicalpost #799 of 471612/9/12 at 5:51am
Hahahaha...my ears are not so refined and I'm used to all sorts of underground metal music with crappy recording so if it has slam and speed and makes me feel darkness in my soul, that's good enough for mepost #800 of 471612/9/12 at 1:27pm
Just checked again Burson Soloist versus Audio-gd Master-6 amp with the HE-6.
In terms of bass impact, power, tightness and punch, I still don't think there is any difference between the two. If there is, it is very subtle.
However, there is a difference in terms of the mids: The Master-6 has both a slightly warmer AND better resolved midrange. This could be the difference between the balanced connection with a warm sounding XLR cable versus the single ended connection to the Soloist, having a somewhat lean sounding RCA cable. This difference between my two cables are known to me before, and at this point I attribute the sonic difference to the connections of the amps.
In my book - the Burson Soloist has NO trouble driving the HE-6 to at least relatively loud levels. It won't drive it to crazy loud levels though. At the end of the day: Will I keep it? Yes - but no. Yes, because I really like it. No, because I want the Burson Conductor, which is a Soloist amp plus a DAC in one box.post #801 of 471612/11/12 at 6:40amSpeaker out sound stronger, smoother and altogether fuller-bodied. Headphone out was grainier and less clarity in terms of instrument separation. Can anyone suggest a modern amp able to drive the 6 to similar levels? Looking for a back up in case the vintage fails....post #802 of 471612/11/12 at 3:36pmQuote:
+1 on the modern amp. And perhaps within the same price range or at least within +$1000.
Edited by Cante Ista - 12/11/12 at 3:38pmpost #803 of 471612/12/12 at 9:23pmpost #804 of 471612/13/12 at 12:11pmpost #805 of 471612/14/12 at 1:57ampost #806 of 471612/14/12 at 9:02ampost #807 of 471612/14/12 at 9:23am
$20 can net you a receiver from a flea market or pawn shop. Tap the wires directly to the speaker outputs.post #808 of 471612/14/12 at 10:08amA lot are using vintage 2 ch. receivers/integrated/amps in the 50-100 up to 200w range such as Pioneer, Sansui, Marantz, Rotel, NAD, Onkyo, etc.
Some are using the Emotiva & Virtue amps for value, some more hi end amps like BAT, AR, Simaudio, etcpost #809 of 471612/14/12 at 10:25ampost #810 of 471612/14/12 at 10:48amQuote:
I am really impressed by my t-amp Topping TP-60, detailed and great frequency extension.
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 47 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia Headphones - Now in STOCK at Moon Audio 52 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016 3 minutes ago
- › BAKOON HPA-21 (Pristine As New Condition) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Focal Utopia Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 5 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...