- 21,768 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 45post #661 of 455311/8/12 at 2:07pmMy objection is simply to what seems to be the creeping sentiment that Class A is some sort of panacea, which it isn't.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 455311/8/12 at 5:43pmI've only heard the F1 for a few minutes but I didn't notice anything unusual in it's sound that we don't hear on the A/B amps. But some comparisons would be nice. I'm being told a MacIntosh will be a treat the next time in town. I know Wuwhere is well satisfied with his tube amps.
Calling Dr. Roberts- any thoughts on your BAT tube amp?post #663 of 455311/10/12 at 6:06pmpost #664 of 455311/11/12 at 12:41amAsked this question a few days ago but didn't get a response. Trying again. What do people think of NAD 3030 derivative amps (newer model being C356BEE for example) + the HE-6?
I'm not sure how to do the ohm calculation myself, but from what I'm reading here it says the C356BEE puts out 80W x 2, into either 4 or 8 ohms. (Interestingly rated the same across either 4 or 8) How many W is that into the H-6? Has anyone had the experience of hearing the HE-6 from either the original 3030 from 1979 or its progeny? Thanks!post #665 of 455311/11/12 at 7:43amQuote:As I recall, there were a few using a NAD but not sure of model. Rule of thumb is you half the wattage for doubling the impedance. Type in NAD in the search function of the HE threads and see what comes up. I would think it would be good as NAD has pretty solid amps. I'd say the power is plenty.Originally Posted by dmcs414
Asked this question a few days ago but didn't get a response. Trying again. What do people think of NAD 3030 derivative amps (newer model being C356BEE for example) + the HE-6?
I'm not sure how to do the ohm calculation myself, but from what I'm reading here it says the C356BEE puts out 80W x 2, into either 4 or 8 ohms. (Interestingly rated the same across either 4 or 8) How many W is that into the H-6? Has anyone had the experience of hearing the HE-6 from either the original 3030 from 1979 or its progeny? Thanks!
Edited by Happy Camper - 11/11/12 at 7:45ampost #666 of 455311/13/12 at 1:55am
Oh dear. Just got my HE-6 and I don't have anything (even remotely) up to the task of driving it.
Are there any USB DAC/amps that can power the HE-6 well? Would like a single solution if possible, no particular budget limitation. Anything like that out there?post #667 of 455311/13/12 at 2:26amQuote:
Well, maybe a Peachtree Decco driving the HE-6 via the speaker outputs? It has 50 watts of power which into 50 ohm headphones would be closer to 8 watts, and has USB/Optical/Coax inputs. I've only heard one driving some Moth Audio Cicada speakers, and it was pretty decent.post #668 of 455311/13/12 at 2:34amQuote:
Some of the older 2 channel receivers may be a good idea.
I have a 5 channel Denon AVR 2310Ci that I don't use anymore. I haven't tried it with the 6s yet.post #669 of 455311/13/12 at 4:06am
Thanks for the suggestions guys!
As I keep looking I realise I am actually OK with separate DAC and amp, but ideally two that are easily integrated - the Schiit Mjolnir and Gungnir being an example of something like that. I see a few mentions of them here in relation to the HE-6, but haven't yet come across any really indepth reviews (it looks like it meets the power requirements into 50ohms though). Anyone able to weigh in on those and the HE-6, or alternatives?
Edited by NZtechfreak - 11/13/12 at 4:07ampost #670 of 455311/13/12 at 6:45ampost #671 of 455311/13/12 at 7:06amQuote:
Give some example of speaker amps (names) IYO thought the MoJo was better.post #672 of 455311/13/12 at 8:29ampost #673 of 455311/13/12 at 9:09ampost #674 of 455311/13/12 at 9:49am
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 seconds ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 5 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 11 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 20 seconds ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 22 seconds ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...