- 21,221 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/8/14 at 2:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 45post #661 of 272711/8/12 at 2:07pmMy objection is simply to what seems to be the creeping sentiment that Class A is some sort of panacea, which it isn't.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 272711/8/12 at 5:43pmI've only heard the F1 for a few minutes but I didn't notice anything unusual in it's sound that we don't hear on the A/B amps. But some comparisons would be nice. I'm being told a MacIntosh will be a treat the next time in town. I know Wuwhere is well satisfied with his tube amps.
Calling Dr. Roberts- any thoughts on your BAT tube amp?post #663 of 272711/10/12 at 6:06pmpost #664 of 272711/11/12 at 12:41amAsked this question a few days ago but didn't get a response. Trying again. What do people think of NAD 3030 derivative amps (newer model being C356BEE for example) + the HE-6?
I'm not sure how to do the ohm calculation myself, but from what I'm reading here it says the C356BEE puts out 80W x 2, into either 4 or 8 ohms. (Interestingly rated the same across either 4 or 8) How many W is that into the H-6? Has anyone had the experience of hearing the HE-6 from either the original 3030 from 1979 or its progeny? Thanks!post #665 of 272711/11/12 at 7:43amQuote:As I recall, there were a few using a NAD but not sure of model. Rule of thumb is you half the wattage for doubling the impedance. Type in NAD in the search function of the HE threads and see what comes up. I would think it would be good as NAD has pretty solid amps. I'd say the power is plenty.Originally Posted by dmcs414
Asked this question a few days ago but didn't get a response. Trying again. What do people think of NAD 3030 derivative amps (newer model being C356BEE for example) + the HE-6?
I'm not sure how to do the ohm calculation myself, but from what I'm reading here it says the C356BEE puts out 80W x 2, into either 4 or 8 ohms. (Interestingly rated the same across either 4 or 8) How many W is that into the H-6? Has anyone had the experience of hearing the HE-6 from either the original 3030 from 1979 or its progeny? Thanks!
Edited by Happy Camper - 11/11/12 at 7:45ampost #666 of 272711/13/12 at 1:55am
Oh dear. Just got my HE-6 and I don't have anything (even remotely) up to the task of driving it.
Are there any USB DAC/amps that can power the HE-6 well? Would like a single solution if possible, no particular budget limitation. Anything like that out there?post #667 of 272711/13/12 at 2:26amQuote:
Well, maybe a Peachtree Decco driving the HE-6 via the speaker outputs? It has 50 watts of power which into 50 ohm headphones would be closer to 8 watts, and has USB/Optical/Coax inputs. I've only heard one driving some Moth Audio Cicada speakers, and it was pretty decent.post #668 of 272711/13/12 at 2:34amQuote:
Some of the older 2 channel receivers may be a good idea.
I have a 5 channel Denon AVR 2310Ci that I don't use anymore. I haven't tried it with the 6s yet.post #669 of 272711/13/12 at 4:06am
Thanks for the suggestions guys!
As I keep looking I realise I am actually OK with separate DAC and amp, but ideally two that are easily integrated - the Schiit Mjolnir and Gungnir being an example of something like that. I see a few mentions of them here in relation to the HE-6, but haven't yet come across any really indepth reviews (it looks like it meets the power requirements into 50ohms though). Anyone able to weigh in on those and the HE-6, or alternatives?
Edited by NZtechfreak - 11/13/12 at 4:07ampost #670 of 272711/13/12 at 6:45ampost #671 of 272711/13/12 at 7:06amQuote:
Give some example of speaker amps (names) IYO thought the MoJo was better.post #672 of 272711/13/12 at 8:29ampost #673 of 272711/13/12 at 9:09ampost #674 of 272711/13/12 at 9:49am
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 22 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 45 seconds ago
- › Choosing between philips fidelio x1 and Q701 headpohones 56 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 mod - AD8397 to AD8620 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50- Black 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 3 minutes ago
- › Better than the Uber Bifrost 5 minutes ago
- › V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob