- 21,779 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 45post #661 of 467811/8/12 at 2:07pmMy objection is simply to what seems to be the creeping sentiment that Class A is some sort of panacea, which it isn't.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 467811/8/12 at 5:43pmI've only heard the F1 for a few minutes but I didn't notice anything unusual in it's sound that we don't hear on the A/B amps. But some comparisons would be nice. I'm being told a MacIntosh will be a treat the next time in town. I know Wuwhere is well satisfied with his tube amps.
Calling Dr. Roberts- any thoughts on your BAT tube amp?post #663 of 467811/10/12 at 6:06pmpost #664 of 467811/11/12 at 12:41amAsked this question a few days ago but didn't get a response. Trying again. What do people think of NAD 3030 derivative amps (newer model being C356BEE for example) + the HE-6?
I'm not sure how to do the ohm calculation myself, but from what I'm reading here it says the C356BEE puts out 80W x 2, into either 4 or 8 ohms. (Interestingly rated the same across either 4 or 8) How many W is that into the H-6? Has anyone had the experience of hearing the HE-6 from either the original 3030 from 1979 or its progeny? Thanks!post #665 of 467811/11/12 at 7:43amQuote:As I recall, there were a few using a NAD but not sure of model. Rule of thumb is you half the wattage for doubling the impedance. Type in NAD in the search function of the HE threads and see what comes up. I would think it would be good as NAD has pretty solid amps. I'd say the power is plenty.Originally Posted by dmcs414
Asked this question a few days ago but didn't get a response. Trying again. What do people think of NAD 3030 derivative amps (newer model being C356BEE for example) + the HE-6?
I'm not sure how to do the ohm calculation myself, but from what I'm reading here it says the C356BEE puts out 80W x 2, into either 4 or 8 ohms. (Interestingly rated the same across either 4 or 8) How many W is that into the H-6? Has anyone had the experience of hearing the HE-6 from either the original 3030 from 1979 or its progeny? Thanks!
Edited by Happy Camper - 11/11/12 at 7:45ampost #666 of 467811/13/12 at 1:55am
Oh dear. Just got my HE-6 and I don't have anything (even remotely) up to the task of driving it.
Are there any USB DAC/amps that can power the HE-6 well? Would like a single solution if possible, no particular budget limitation. Anything like that out there?post #667 of 467811/13/12 at 2:26amQuote:
Well, maybe a Peachtree Decco driving the HE-6 via the speaker outputs? It has 50 watts of power which into 50 ohm headphones would be closer to 8 watts, and has USB/Optical/Coax inputs. I've only heard one driving some Moth Audio Cicada speakers, and it was pretty decent.post #668 of 467811/13/12 at 2:34amQuote:
Some of the older 2 channel receivers may be a good idea.
I have a 5 channel Denon AVR 2310Ci that I don't use anymore. I haven't tried it with the 6s yet.post #669 of 467811/13/12 at 4:06am
Thanks for the suggestions guys!
As I keep looking I realise I am actually OK with separate DAC and amp, but ideally two that are easily integrated - the Schiit Mjolnir and Gungnir being an example of something like that. I see a few mentions of them here in relation to the HE-6, but haven't yet come across any really indepth reviews (it looks like it meets the power requirements into 50ohms though). Anyone able to weigh in on those and the HE-6, or alternatives?
Edited by NZtechfreak - 11/13/12 at 4:07ampost #670 of 467811/13/12 at 6:45ampost #671 of 467811/13/12 at 7:06amQuote:
Give some example of speaker amps (names) IYO thought the MoJo was better.post #672 of 467811/13/12 at 8:29ampost #673 of 467811/13/12 at 9:09ampost #674 of 467811/13/12 at 9:49am
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Do I need amplifier for an M30x? 49 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...