- 1,262 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Tellico Plains, Tennessee
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 272post #4066 of 40785/15/15 at 6:04pmI found out one thing, the HE-6 is CLEARLY a step above both the HE-500 and HE-560.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4067 of 40785/15/15 at 6:51pmpost #4068 of 40785/15/15 at 7:59pmpost #4069 of 40785/16/15 at 8:50ampost #4070 of 40785/17/15 at 7:29ampost #4071 of 40785/17/15 at 7:36amQuote:
I have not. However, IIRC there are some that may not post anymore that have. Why the F6 - you already have it?post #4072 of 40785/18/15 at 4:33ampost #4073 of 40785/18/15 at 9:21ampost #4074 of 40785/18/15 at 9:35am
I think I have found a complementary pair of headphones that I can now settle down with.
I also had the Audeze LCD-XC , Hifiman HE-500 , HD650 ...and numerous others.
The only ones that still interest me are the LCD-X , but I have not tried them and probably won't need to for a while:)post #4075 of 40785/18/15 at 5:13pmpost #4076 of 40785/18/15 at 6:52pmpost #4077 of 40785/18/15 at 11:42pmpost #4078 of 40785/24/15 at 1:23amI have looking around for intergraded amp to power these things and im going no where fast and the he-6 sitting their getting no love!
i have 3 in mind and ideally i want to stack with same brand cd player and the Audiolab cd player was my preference but their amps are pricey the quad i get good prices on special at the moment and cambridge can get great price on amp and used 851 player so I am torn just want the best sound setup and cant audition any of it. Any thoughts or advice impressions would be much appreciated. Thanks
Quad elite Int
Cambridge Audio 851A
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 1 second ago
- › NEW Meridian Explorer2 DAC/Amp 24 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 56 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 2 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 DAC / AMP 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 5 minutes ago
- › black Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia [PRICE DROP] 7 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2