- 1,397 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Tellico Plains, Tennessee
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum Earbud: Here is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 272post #4066 of 48765/15/15 at 6:04pmI found out one thing, the HE-6 is CLEARLY a step above both the HE-500 and HE-560.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4067 of 48765/15/15 at 6:51pmpost #4068 of 48765/15/15 at 7:59pmpost #4069 of 48765/16/15 at 8:50ampost #4070 of 48765/17/15 at 7:29ampost #4071 of 48765/17/15 at 7:36amQuote:
I have not. However, IIRC there are some that may not post anymore that have. Why the F6 - you already have it?post #4072 of 48765/18/15 at 4:33ampost #4073 of 48765/18/15 at 9:21ampost #4074 of 48765/18/15 at 9:35am
I think I have found a complementary pair of headphones that I can now settle down with.
I also had the Audeze LCD-XC , Hifiman HE-500 , HD650 ...and numerous others.
The only ones that still interest me are the LCD-X , but I have not tried them and probably won't need to for a while:)post #4075 of 48765/18/15 at 5:13pmpost #4076 of 48765/18/15 at 6:52pmpost #4077 of 48765/18/15 at 11:42pmpost #4078 of 48765/24/15 at 1:23amI have looking around for intergraded amp to power these things and im going no where fast and the he-6 sitting their getting no love!
i have 3 in mind and ideally i want to stack with same brand cd player and the Audiolab cd player was my preference but their amps are pricey the quad i get good prices on special at the moment and cambridge can get great price on amp and used 851 player so I am torn just want the best sound setup and cant audition any of it. Any thoughts or advice impressions would be much appreciated. Thanks
Quad elite Int
Cambridge Audio 851A
http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/851/851apost #4079 of 48765/24/15 at 4:13am
Very difficult to say something useful except read about the sound on the net and try one out. I would go for a used / second hand unit and then sell it if you don't like it. The HE-6 is extremely transparent, so any slight veil in the chain will be audible. A class A or high biased solid state amp would be a good start IMO.post #4080 of 48765/24/15 at 4:24am
Very good advice from LarsHP. I'll go out on a limb and say most of us have not heard any of these, of course there always might be someone who has. What are these costing? so we can get a idea of you budget.
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 1 second ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 24 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 32 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V280 - slim and powerful balanced HPA 39 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 43 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear