Do you still have the SuSy Dynahi? You can compare them as well.. I heard a SE Q-style with the HD800s didn't do much for me - A little to bright. Never heard them in a dual mono setup or with the HE-6s..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for going out of the way to take me to Fujiya Avic. Out of the box, the TG334 sounds bass enhanced with the...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 209post #3121 of 31318/29/14 at 2:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3122 of 31318/29/14 at 2:12pmQuote:
The last time I had my dynahi I think a transformer was going bad - its actually getting fixed or attempting to be fixed now by the builder, so I don't know if I can trust what I was hearing then. I actually think the questyles may sound better. To be fair, I recently brought a UPS which I think helped out the questyles tremendously (bass seems deeper and tighter, imaging appears more precise). It really feels like I've never heard my HE-6's sound this good. So now I'm wanting to compare the questyles to a good speaker amp setup to see if I'm just imagining things or what.post #3123 of 31318/29/14 at 4:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by gsr108
Is there anyone in Houston with a HE-6, speaker amp setup? I would like to compare it to my dual mono questyle CMA800R's. They sound great with my modded HE-6's. Bass hits deep and hard. Very precise imaging. Just wondering how much better a speaker setup could be. Any songs you guys recommend that will really tax the amps? Anything I should listen for to tell if headphones are underpowered?
can't you just take the headphones to an audio store and listen?post #3124 of 31318/29/14 at 5:39pm
I don't have a speaker taps to XLR connector. And I really want someone else's opinion on the dual questyles because I didn't think they would have enough oomph to drive to HE-6's well.Quote:
Edited by gsr108 - 8/29/14 at 5:43pmpost #3125 of 31318/29/14 at 8:19pm
Looking at the specs, the voltage compliance is a little low for all out bass attack. If you can find a copy of Master of Chinese Percussion by Yim Hok-Man or Heartbeat: Kodo 25th Anniversay, there is some serious drum work that will tell you how your amp is doing. Listen for clipping on those drum strikes.post #3126 of 31318/29/14 at 8:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
Thats the master 10 right? Looks good! I dont know if BC can..but for sure for that money they built u an excellent amp to drive ur he6.. Completely as u wish..but not as big as this..maybe u could check the higher end emotiva stuff???. But ur right..audio gd is almost unbeatable in pricing..productwise.. As i said..to get this huge amp to ur home is expensive because of the weight and measurements as its looks big and heavy ...but dont know about taxes in canada...
Dont get me wrong..i truly like audio gd...and i know they make good stuff for the right prices...but u cant compare an amp thats built entirely by hand by one person to a more mass produced brand like audio gd... And looks dont mean a lot to me..my amp isnt very flashy (or huge) looking but sounds way beyond its simple looks... Its the implementation of the components inside that makes an amp sound good or not...not the parts or looks alone...once again...u wont regret ur buying audio gd..they make good stuff!!! Hope u van get that amp into canada.
By the way lafigaro (another chinese brand i like) makes on request a dual mono high end amp..i understand it (only) costs around 2200usd... Its a monster of two enclosures...with the best of the best inside.
actually audio-gd stated on their homepage that their products are also "hand crafted" :))post #3127 of 31318/29/14 at 8:59pm
If you want to listen to some well recorded percussion on your HE-6 to test your amp, listen to Mark Levinson's recording of Bill Elgart, A Life.post #3128 of 31318/30/14 at 5:19pmpost #3129 of 31318/30/14 at 6:58pmpost #3130 of 31318/30/14 at 7:15pm
a wee bit too pricey for my tastes
audio-gd's master 10 is half a grand less expensive with many headfiers already using it and others like it for their he-6s (you can likely go custom with them even, and get a pretty sweet amp for the he-6 when you have that kind of budget.... do note that I have no experience at all with this ANK amp so don't take my word for anything, just my opinion .post #3131 of 31318/30/14 at 9:53pm
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Cary Nighthawk Amp and Fostex TH600 Combo 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Marantz SA8001 5 minutes ago
- › Cowon M2 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600, Cary Nighthawk Combo 8 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 11 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)