Out of nowhere on a local auction site here in NZ I see an Aleph 3 listed today. Anyone have any experience with the HE-6 on this?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Philips Fidelio X2 are my favorite of all the headphones I have listened so far, except the LCD3, for a few reasons. I have a few headphones (Blue Mo-Fi, HD800, HD650, HD598, HD558, Urbanite On...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 207
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3092 of 39777/11/14 at 1:37amQuote:
Off the top of my head fellow member 'wotts'...perhaps, he'll weigh-in later today.post #3093 of 39777/11/14 at 2:35am
Search the Forum, I believe one or two members have talked about it. They go in the US for $1,000-$1,300USD. I haven't heard the HE-6s with the 30 Class A watt Aleph 3 but every Nelson Pass Amp I have heard, vintage and new, has been very, very good. If the price is in your range I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. If you don't like it, there will always be a market for it. Take a look at the 1997 Sereophile review: http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/674/post #3094 of 39777/11/14 at 3:48amQuote:Originally Posted by rlawli
Search the Forum, I believe one or two members have talked about it. They go in the US for $1,000-$1,300USD. I haven't heard the HE-6s with the 30 Class A watt Aleph 3 but every Nelson Pass Amp I have heard, vintage and new, has been very, very good. If the price is in your range I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. If you don't like it, there will always be a market for it. Take a look at the 1997 Sereophile review: http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/674/
Yeah, I already did search and didn't find anything that useful :)
Interesting to know that price point, at the moment bidding has just started so we will see how it goes, but I think it might go for less than that!post #3095 of 39777/11/14 at 5:45amQuote:
FWIIW, in the diyaudio forum there are some discussions comparing the alpeh's to some of the F amps. descriptions give some sense of the amp but of course not as good as hearing it. better than nothing though. good luckpost #3096 of 39777/11/14 at 2:54pmQuote:
Cheers, I will certainly bid on this one later as the auction proceeds. There is a relatively small market for this stuff here, which either means it'll go cheap or bidding will heat up and it could go the other way. We'll see!post #3097 of 39777/11/14 at 3:07pmQuote:
Good luck to you!post #3098 of 39777/11/14 at 3:13pmpost #3099 of 39778/1/14 at 2:24pm
Anybody have experience with the Technics SU-V550 from the late 80's and HE-6? I stumbled across a brand new amp and i couldn't leave it behind...
Still warming up at the first time but i cant wait to try.
Edited by hennessys - 8/2/14 at 12:47ampost #3100 of 39778/20/14 at 6:04pmpost #3101 of 39778/20/14 at 9:31pmQuote:
Different sound, but the big audio-gd amps would be the better amps. I'm pretty sure the Master-3 is about as good as my Krell (maybe not quite there), but considering it's half the price brand new, it's an incredible bargain.post #3102 of 39778/21/14 at 3:03am
The master-2 is every bit as good as the fpb600, maybe even a bit better, but lower in power.
compared to current krell product, every bit as good for 10% of the price.post #3103 of 39778/21/14 at 7:35ampost #3104 of 39778/21/14 at 1:55pm
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 26 seconds ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 44 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › The DACs in galaxy s6 and the m9.. What do we know? 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2