Out of nowhere on a local auction site here in NZ I see an Aleph 3 listed today. Anyone have any experience with the HE-6 on this?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 207
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3092 of 46787/11/14 at 1:37amQuote:
Off the top of my head fellow member 'wotts'...perhaps, he'll weigh-in later today.post #3093 of 46787/11/14 at 2:35am
Search the Forum, I believe one or two members have talked about it. They go in the US for $1,000-$1,300USD. I haven't heard the HE-6s with the 30 Class A watt Aleph 3 but every Nelson Pass Amp I have heard, vintage and new, has been very, very good. If the price is in your range I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. If you don't like it, there will always be a market for it. Take a look at the 1997 Sereophile review: http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/674/post #3094 of 46787/11/14 at 3:48amQuote:Originally Posted by rlawli
Search the Forum, I believe one or two members have talked about it. They go in the US for $1,000-$1,300USD. I haven't heard the HE-6s with the 30 Class A watt Aleph 3 but every Nelson Pass Amp I have heard, vintage and new, has been very, very good. If the price is in your range I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. If you don't like it, there will always be a market for it. Take a look at the 1997 Sereophile review: http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/674/
Yeah, I already did search and didn't find anything that useful :)
Interesting to know that price point, at the moment bidding has just started so we will see how it goes, but I think it might go for less than that!post #3095 of 46787/11/14 at 5:45amQuote:
FWIIW, in the diyaudio forum there are some discussions comparing the alpeh's to some of the F amps. descriptions give some sense of the amp but of course not as good as hearing it. better than nothing though. good luckpost #3096 of 46787/11/14 at 2:54pmQuote:
Cheers, I will certainly bid on this one later as the auction proceeds. There is a relatively small market for this stuff here, which either means it'll go cheap or bidding will heat up and it could go the other way. We'll see!post #3097 of 46787/11/14 at 3:07pmQuote:
Good luck to you!post #3098 of 46787/11/14 at 3:13pmpost #3099 of 46788/1/14 at 2:24pm
Anybody have experience with the Technics SU-V550 from the late 80's and HE-6? I stumbled across a brand new amp and i couldn't leave it behind...
Still warming up at the first time but i cant wait to try.
Edited by hennessys - 8/2/14 at 12:47ampost #3100 of 46788/20/14 at 6:04pmpost #3101 of 46788/20/14 at 9:31pmQuote:
Different sound, but the big audio-gd amps would be the better amps. I'm pretty sure the Master-3 is about as good as my Krell (maybe not quite there), but considering it's half the price brand new, it's an incredible bargain.post #3102 of 46788/21/14 at 3:03am
The master-2 is every bit as good as the fpb600, maybe even a bit better, but lower in power.
compared to current krell product, every bit as good for 10% of the price.post #3103 of 46788/21/14 at 7:35ampost #3104 of 46788/21/14 at 1:55pm
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Home-Made IEMs 22 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Menuet DAC 3 minutes ago
- › B&W P7 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 7 minutes ago
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...