Out of nowhere on a local auction site here in NZ I see an Aleph 3 listed today. Anyone have any experience with the HE-6 on this?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
T-PEOS RASIEL Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807332/t-peos-rasiel-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Finder X1...
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 207
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3092 of 44767/11/14 at 1:37amQuote:
Off the top of my head fellow member 'wotts'...perhaps, he'll weigh-in later today.post #3093 of 44767/11/14 at 2:35am
Search the Forum, I believe one or two members have talked about it. They go in the US for $1,000-$1,300USD. I haven't heard the HE-6s with the 30 Class A watt Aleph 3 but every Nelson Pass Amp I have heard, vintage and new, has been very, very good. If the price is in your range I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. If you don't like it, there will always be a market for it. Take a look at the 1997 Sereophile review: http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/674/post #3094 of 44767/11/14 at 3:48amQuote:Originally Posted by rlawli
Search the Forum, I believe one or two members have talked about it. They go in the US for $1,000-$1,300USD. I haven't heard the HE-6s with the 30 Class A watt Aleph 3 but every Nelson Pass Amp I have heard, vintage and new, has been very, very good. If the price is in your range I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. If you don't like it, there will always be a market for it. Take a look at the 1997 Sereophile review: http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/674/
Yeah, I already did search and didn't find anything that useful :)
Interesting to know that price point, at the moment bidding has just started so we will see how it goes, but I think it might go for less than that!post #3095 of 44767/11/14 at 5:45amQuote:
FWIIW, in the diyaudio forum there are some discussions comparing the alpeh's to some of the F amps. descriptions give some sense of the amp but of course not as good as hearing it. better than nothing though. good luckpost #3096 of 44767/11/14 at 2:54pmQuote:
Cheers, I will certainly bid on this one later as the auction proceeds. There is a relatively small market for this stuff here, which either means it'll go cheap or bidding will heat up and it could go the other way. We'll see!post #3097 of 44767/11/14 at 3:07pmQuote:
Good luck to you!post #3098 of 44767/11/14 at 3:13pmpost #3099 of 44768/1/14 at 2:24pm
Anybody have experience with the Technics SU-V550 from the late 80's and HE-6? I stumbled across a brand new amp and i couldn't leave it behind...
Still warming up at the first time but i cant wait to try.
Edited by hennessys - 8/2/14 at 12:47ampost #3100 of 44768/20/14 at 6:04pmpost #3101 of 44768/20/14 at 9:31pmQuote:
Different sound, but the big audio-gd amps would be the better amps. I'm pretty sure the Master-3 is about as good as my Krell (maybe not quite there), but considering it's half the price brand new, it's an incredible bargain.post #3102 of 44768/21/14 at 3:03am
The master-2 is every bit as good as the fpb600, maybe even a bit better, but lower in power.
compared to current krell product, every bit as good for 10% of the price.post #3103 of 44768/21/14 at 7:35ampost #3104 of 44768/21/14 at 1:55pm
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 9 seconds ago
- › Neo-Psychadelia(Shoegaze, Dream Pop, Madchester, Space Rock,... 10 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 1 minute ago
- › Need Opinions on Fiio E07K VS Fiio E17 2 minutes ago
- › Chord HUGO 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM tips? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by mark2410
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...