Out of nowhere on a local auction site here in NZ I see an Aleph 3 listed today. Anyone have any experience with the HE-6 on this?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 207
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3092 of 50457/11/14 at 1:37amQuote:
Off the top of my head fellow member 'wotts'...perhaps, he'll weigh-in later today.post #3093 of 50457/11/14 at 2:35am
Search the Forum, I believe one or two members have talked about it. They go in the US for $1,000-$1,300USD. I haven't heard the HE-6s with the 30 Class A watt Aleph 3 but every Nelson Pass Amp I have heard, vintage and new, has been very, very good. If the price is in your range I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. If you don't like it, there will always be a market for it. Take a look at the 1997 Sereophile review: http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/674/post #3094 of 50457/11/14 at 3:48amQuote:Originally Posted by rlawli
Search the Forum, I believe one or two members have talked about it. They go in the US for $1,000-$1,300USD. I haven't heard the HE-6s with the 30 Class A watt Aleph 3 but every Nelson Pass Amp I have heard, vintage and new, has been very, very good. If the price is in your range I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. If you don't like it, there will always be a market for it. Take a look at the 1997 Sereophile review: http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/674/
Yeah, I already did search and didn't find anything that useful :)
Interesting to know that price point, at the moment bidding has just started so we will see how it goes, but I think it might go for less than that!post #3095 of 50457/11/14 at 5:45amQuote:
FWIIW, in the diyaudio forum there are some discussions comparing the alpeh's to some of the F amps. descriptions give some sense of the amp but of course not as good as hearing it. better than nothing though. good luckpost #3096 of 50457/11/14 at 2:54pmQuote:
Cheers, I will certainly bid on this one later as the auction proceeds. There is a relatively small market for this stuff here, which either means it'll go cheap or bidding will heat up and it could go the other way. We'll see!post #3097 of 50457/11/14 at 3:07pmQuote:
Good luck to you!post #3098 of 50457/11/14 at 3:13pmpost #3099 of 50458/1/14 at 2:24pm
Anybody have experience with the Technics SU-V550 from the late 80's and HE-6? I stumbled across a brand new amp and i couldn't leave it behind...
Still warming up at the first time but i cant wait to try.
Edited by hennessys - 8/2/14 at 12:47ampost #3100 of 50458/20/14 at 6:04pmpost #3101 of 50458/20/14 at 9:31pmQuote:
Different sound, but the big audio-gd amps would be the better amps. I'm pretty sure the Master-3 is about as good as my Krell (maybe not quite there), but considering it's half the price brand new, it's an incredible bargain.post #3102 of 50458/21/14 at 3:03am
The master-2 is every bit as good as the fpb600, maybe even a bit better, but lower in power.
compared to current krell product, every bit as good for 10% of the price.post #3103 of 50458/21/14 at 7:35ampost #3104 of 50458/21/14 at 1:55pm
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Mytek Announces Clef Mobile MQA DAC/Amp @ CES 2017 17 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 17 seconds ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 24 seconds ago
- › iPhone 7/7+ Compact External DAC/Amp Thread 34 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications. Available on our... 37 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 43 seconds ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be 2 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear