Out of nowhere on a local auction site here in NZ I see an Aleph 3 listed today. Anyone have any experience with the HE-6 on this?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 207
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3092 of 48057/11/14 at 1:37amQuote:
Off the top of my head fellow member 'wotts'...perhaps, he'll weigh-in later today.post #3093 of 48057/11/14 at 2:35am
Search the Forum, I believe one or two members have talked about it. They go in the US for $1,000-$1,300USD. I haven't heard the HE-6s with the 30 Class A watt Aleph 3 but every Nelson Pass Amp I have heard, vintage and new, has been very, very good. If the price is in your range I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. If you don't like it, there will always be a market for it. Take a look at the 1997 Sereophile review: http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/674/post #3094 of 48057/11/14 at 3:48amQuote:Originally Posted by rlawli
Search the Forum, I believe one or two members have talked about it. They go in the US for $1,000-$1,300USD. I haven't heard the HE-6s with the 30 Class A watt Aleph 3 but every Nelson Pass Amp I have heard, vintage and new, has been very, very good. If the price is in your range I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. If you don't like it, there will always be a market for it. Take a look at the 1997 Sereophile review: http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/674/
Yeah, I already did search and didn't find anything that useful :)
Interesting to know that price point, at the moment bidding has just started so we will see how it goes, but I think it might go for less than that!post #3095 of 48057/11/14 at 5:45amQuote:
FWIIW, in the diyaudio forum there are some discussions comparing the alpeh's to some of the F amps. descriptions give some sense of the amp but of course not as good as hearing it. better than nothing though. good luckpost #3096 of 48057/11/14 at 2:54pmQuote:
Cheers, I will certainly bid on this one later as the auction proceeds. There is a relatively small market for this stuff here, which either means it'll go cheap or bidding will heat up and it could go the other way. We'll see!post #3097 of 48057/11/14 at 3:07pmQuote:
Good luck to you!post #3098 of 48057/11/14 at 3:13pmpost #3099 of 48058/1/14 at 2:24pm
Anybody have experience with the Technics SU-V550 from the late 80's and HE-6? I stumbled across a brand new amp and i couldn't leave it behind...
Still warming up at the first time but i cant wait to try.
Edited by hennessys - 8/2/14 at 12:47ampost #3100 of 48058/20/14 at 6:04pmpost #3101 of 48058/20/14 at 9:31pmQuote:
Different sound, but the big audio-gd amps would be the better amps. I'm pretty sure the Master-3 is about as good as my Krell (maybe not quite there), but considering it's half the price brand new, it's an incredible bargain.post #3102 of 48058/21/14 at 3:03am
The master-2 is every bit as good as the fpb600, maybe even a bit better, but lower in power.
compared to current krell product, every bit as good for 10% of the price.post #3103 of 48058/21/14 at 7:35ampost #3104 of 48058/21/14 at 1:55pm
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 45 seconds ago
- › iFi iPurifier 2 - Reviews, Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 5 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 8 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 10 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...