- 8,993 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Limbo
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 199post #2971 of 49347/3/14 at 5:49pmWe having fun yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2972 of 49347/3/14 at 6:33pmpost #2973 of 49347/3/14 at 6:54pm
Edited by hifimanrookie - 7/3/14 at 7:07pmpost #2974 of 49347/3/14 at 9:01pmQuote:
That de-escalated quickly.post #2975 of 49347/3/14 at 9:15pmQuote:
Back-and-forth honest discussion is what this place is all about. We all have opinions. I've not been an HE-6 listener long enough to say too much... Still in the "investigative phase", if you will.
Do take a listen to as many different amps and technologies as you can. Love to hear how the Krell and others compare to your PaG!
Thanks for all the lively discussion, all!post #2976 of 49347/4/14 at 2:36ampost #2977 of 49347/4/14 at 8:08amQuote:
Hey, gotta put them skilz to good use :) Besides, who else is gonna keep you all on the Straight and Narrow when it comes to them pesky electrons?post #2978 of 49347/4/14 at 9:55ampost #2979 of 49347/4/14 at 9:56amQuote:
You will more value and better performance out a speaker amp. Just saying...
The value part is tricky though....
Your best value is going to come from Audio-gd and Schiit..
Edited by preproman - 7/4/14 at 9:58ampost #2980 of 49347/4/14 at 9:58ampost #2981 of 49347/4/14 at 10:06ampost #2982 of 49347/4/14 at 10:14ampost #2983 of 49347/4/14 at 10:15ampost #2984 of 49347/4/14 at 10:21ampost #2985 of 49347/4/14 at 12:33pm
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 14 seconds ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 20 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 35 seconds ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 59 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear