- 8,953 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Limbo
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
published on April 30, 2016 - download a printable 8-page PDF version of this review (right-click the link & save target, or just tap for mobile devices) (click any photo in this review...
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 177post #2641 of 44733/14/14 at 9:33pmI have not used fabric. It's open. I keep them covered in lint free cloth when not in use. Dust can be blown free by canned electronics air.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2642 of 44733/15/14 at 12:24pm
For those worried about dust, some women's nylons work well in a pinch and are acoustically transparent.
The most "open" you can get would be to go without grills altogether, and just use the retaining ring to hold the nylons in place (or don't even bother with them and just go "naked").post #2643 of 44733/16/14 at 9:40pmQuote:
I read your post that sounds good with HE-6 Denon angled pads, how does it compares with Audeze pads?
Audeze should increase sound stage as it push's HE-6 further away from ears at expenses of micro details, Denon pads
provide some angle which should again improve sound stage at bit.
I have j$ beyer pads and do not like them with HE-6, using stock velour pads.post #2644 of 44733/16/14 at 11:00pm
Funny enough, I have J$ Beyer pads on mine and they are my favourite. Granted, I also have additional damping in the front.post #2645 of 44733/16/14 at 11:23pmQuote:
They add more bass, but make sound much thinner, mids and high end are kind of hammered. But I really really liked the "naked" avatar of HE-6, is sound more open with more kicking bass, really liking it.
PS Audio MK II -> Emo UPA-200-> Naked HE-6....felling like I am in heaven. After lot of miss, this one is hit for me, after long time I am enjoying music rather than worrying about my setup....Emo takes two-three hrs to warm-up and sound much better after that.
Thanks for suggestion will attempt grill mod tomorrow.
Edited by musicinmymind - 3/16/14 at 11:26pmpost #2646 of 44733/17/14 at 9:53amI know another amp capable to drive a he6..check the review out mentioned in my signature
This evening i will include listening impressions..this amp is made solely to drive a he6 on its best possible. Enjoy reading guys.post #2647 of 44733/17/14 at 11:36ampost #2648 of 44733/17/14 at 11:43ampost #2649 of 44733/17/14 at 12:14pm
For ur answer check this out:
My amp is completely based on that amp..only tuned, designed and handbuilt for driving a he6 ( in my case the unique Code-X) and more simple in built (only usb input) and less powerful. The mainboard of my amp (see pic of main amp insides), and i quote Gilbert, is literarely taken from the production line of the full size NSL.
And coming back to ur question: u cant imagine how good all those opamps sound together
BTW..there is a code-x for sale by a fellow owner because of personal reasons..check the thread out if ur interested to get a unique and absolutely stunning sounding headphone.. And only 20 originals have been made from NOS HE-5's. Get it while u can..seriously..this can made me not buying/wanting a he6 anymore..and i still dont.
Its not a black woody as i have but a brown woody i expect. Check it out and if ur interested pm him..its the last post on the thread.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/17/14 at 12:31pmpost #2650 of 44733/17/14 at 12:38pmpost #2651 of 44733/17/14 at 2:18pmpost #2652 of 44733/17/14 at 3:09pm
Or nightmare...post #2653 of 44733/17/14 at 3:13pmI do not know the amp at all. But some of us tube roll. So why not op amp roll. As long as it has enough power and a low output imp . Rolling the op amps is pretty cool as an option.
I have a ibasso portable amp that has that feature with buffers.
Alpost #2654 of 44733/17/14 at 3:31pmThe design reminds me a bit of Nelson Pass' experiment with the 'beast with a 1000 jfets' power amp, also uses a massive parallel construction though the technical implementation is mrobably totally different. Don't think the Pass product is commercially available but he claims excellent audio characteristics and very good distortion figures.
I'm following hifimanrookie's thread like a hawk for auditioning info; won't sell my ODAC just yet, imagine they sound the same ;-)
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 41 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for $500 Closed Back Headphones. 2 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones! 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › NAD M51. Worldwide EMS freeshipping! 5 minutes ago
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse