- 8,953 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Limbo
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 177post #2641 of 45183/14/14 at 9:33pmI have not used fabric. It's open. I keep them covered in lint free cloth when not in use. Dust can be blown free by canned electronics air.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2642 of 45183/15/14 at 12:24pm
For those worried about dust, some women's nylons work well in a pinch and are acoustically transparent.
The most "open" you can get would be to go without grills altogether, and just use the retaining ring to hold the nylons in place (or don't even bother with them and just go "naked").post #2643 of 45183/16/14 at 9:40pmQuote:
I read your post that sounds good with HE-6 Denon angled pads, how does it compares with Audeze pads?
Audeze should increase sound stage as it push's HE-6 further away from ears at expenses of micro details, Denon pads
provide some angle which should again improve sound stage at bit.
I have j$ beyer pads and do not like them with HE-6, using stock velour pads.post #2644 of 45183/16/14 at 11:00pm
Funny enough, I have J$ Beyer pads on mine and they are my favourite. Granted, I also have additional damping in the front.post #2645 of 45183/16/14 at 11:23pmQuote:
They add more bass, but make sound much thinner, mids and high end are kind of hammered. But I really really liked the "naked" avatar of HE-6, is sound more open with more kicking bass, really liking it.
PS Audio MK II -> Emo UPA-200-> Naked HE-6....felling like I am in heaven. After lot of miss, this one is hit for me, after long time I am enjoying music rather than worrying about my setup....Emo takes two-three hrs to warm-up and sound much better after that.
Thanks for suggestion will attempt grill mod tomorrow.
Edited by musicinmymind - 3/16/14 at 11:26pmpost #2646 of 45183/17/14 at 9:53amI know another amp capable to drive a he6..check the review out mentioned in my signature
This evening i will include listening impressions..this amp is made solely to drive a he6 on its best possible. Enjoy reading guys.post #2647 of 45183/17/14 at 11:36ampost #2648 of 45183/17/14 at 11:43ampost #2649 of 45183/17/14 at 12:14pm
For ur answer check this out:
My amp is completely based on that amp..only tuned, designed and handbuilt for driving a he6 ( in my case the unique Code-X) and more simple in built (only usb input) and less powerful. The mainboard of my amp (see pic of main amp insides), and i quote Gilbert, is literarely taken from the production line of the full size NSL.
And coming back to ur question: u cant imagine how good all those opamps sound together
BTW..there is a code-x for sale by a fellow owner because of personal reasons..check the thread out if ur interested to get a unique and absolutely stunning sounding headphone.. And only 20 originals have been made from NOS HE-5's. Get it while u can..seriously..this can made me not buying/wanting a he6 anymore..and i still dont.
Its not a black woody as i have but a brown woody i expect. Check it out and if ur interested pm him..its the last post on the thread.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/17/14 at 12:31pmpost #2650 of 45183/17/14 at 12:38pmpost #2651 of 45183/17/14 at 2:18pmpost #2652 of 45183/17/14 at 3:09pm
Or nightmare...post #2653 of 45183/17/14 at 3:13pmI do not know the amp at all. But some of us tube roll. So why not op amp roll. As long as it has enough power and a low output imp . Rolling the op amps is pretty cool as an option.
I have a ibasso portable amp that has that feature with buffers.
Alpost #2654 of 45183/17/14 at 3:31pmThe design reminds me a bit of Nelson Pass' experiment with the 'beast with a 1000 jfets' power amp, also uses a massive parallel construction though the technical implementation is mrobably totally different. Don't think the Pass product is commercially available but he claims excellent audio characteristics and very good distortion figures.
I'm following hifimanrookie's thread like a hawk for auditioning info; won't sell my ODAC just yet, imagine they sound the same ;-)
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< appreciation thread 28 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 8 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 9 minutes ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 10 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current - Black Widow, Solid State Headphone AMP Impressions... 10 minutes ago
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...