- 8,957 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Limbo
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 177post #2641 of 46093/14/14 at 9:33pmI have not used fabric. It's open. I keep them covered in lint free cloth when not in use. Dust can be blown free by canned electronics air.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2642 of 46093/15/14 at 12:24pm
For those worried about dust, some women's nylons work well in a pinch and are acoustically transparent.
The most "open" you can get would be to go without grills altogether, and just use the retaining ring to hold the nylons in place (or don't even bother with them and just go "naked").post #2643 of 46093/16/14 at 9:40pmQuote:
I read your post that sounds good with HE-6 Denon angled pads, how does it compares with Audeze pads?
Audeze should increase sound stage as it push's HE-6 further away from ears at expenses of micro details, Denon pads
provide some angle which should again improve sound stage at bit.
I have j$ beyer pads and do not like them with HE-6, using stock velour pads.post #2644 of 46093/16/14 at 11:00pm
Funny enough, I have J$ Beyer pads on mine and they are my favourite. Granted, I also have additional damping in the front.post #2645 of 46093/16/14 at 11:23pmQuote:
They add more bass, but make sound much thinner, mids and high end are kind of hammered. But I really really liked the "naked" avatar of HE-6, is sound more open with more kicking bass, really liking it.
PS Audio MK II -> Emo UPA-200-> Naked HE-6....felling like I am in heaven. After lot of miss, this one is hit for me, after long time I am enjoying music rather than worrying about my setup....Emo takes two-three hrs to warm-up and sound much better after that.
Thanks for suggestion will attempt grill mod tomorrow.
Edited by musicinmymind - 3/16/14 at 11:26pmpost #2646 of 46093/17/14 at 9:53amI know another amp capable to drive a he6..check the review out mentioned in my signature
This evening i will include listening impressions..this amp is made solely to drive a he6 on its best possible. Enjoy reading guys.post #2647 of 46093/17/14 at 11:36ampost #2648 of 46093/17/14 at 11:43ampost #2649 of 46093/17/14 at 12:14pm
For ur answer check this out:
My amp is completely based on that amp..only tuned, designed and handbuilt for driving a he6 ( in my case the unique Code-X) and more simple in built (only usb input) and less powerful. The mainboard of my amp (see pic of main amp insides), and i quote Gilbert, is literarely taken from the production line of the full size NSL.
And coming back to ur question: u cant imagine how good all those opamps sound together
BTW..there is a code-x for sale by a fellow owner because of personal reasons..check the thread out if ur interested to get a unique and absolutely stunning sounding headphone.. And only 20 originals have been made from NOS HE-5's. Get it while u can..seriously..this can made me not buying/wanting a he6 anymore..and i still dont.
Its not a black woody as i have but a brown woody i expect. Check it out and if ur interested pm him..its the last post on the thread.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/17/14 at 12:31pmpost #2650 of 46093/17/14 at 12:38pmpost #2651 of 46093/17/14 at 2:18pmpost #2652 of 46093/17/14 at 3:09pm
Or nightmare...post #2653 of 46093/17/14 at 3:13pmI do not know the amp at all. But some of us tube roll. So why not op amp roll. As long as it has enough power and a low output imp . Rolling the op amps is pretty cool as an option.
I have a ibasso portable amp that has that feature with buffers.
Alpost #2654 of 46093/17/14 at 3:31pmThe design reminds me a bit of Nelson Pass' experiment with the 'beast with a 1000 jfets' power amp, also uses a massive parallel construction though the technical implementation is mrobably totally different. Don't think the Pass product is commercially available but he claims excellent audio characteristics and very good distortion figures.
I'm following hifimanrookie's thread like a hawk for auditioning info; won't sell my ODAC just yet, imagine they sound the same ;-)
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 15 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 16 seconds ago
- › Finally have some money :) time for a full system upgrade, HELP... 2 minutes ago
- › I need some help with deciding on Hifiman RE-400 vs. Shure SE215... 2 minutes ago
- › What are the smoothest sounding headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 5 minutes ago
- › Nuforce HA200 Amp (CA) 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...