Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 164

post #2446 of 3119
Very well stated .

Cheers

Al
post #2447 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

Surprised today to find a seller here in Auckland for the Auralic Taurus MKII (amazing how much ground you can cover on the internet when you're stuck in one place for a couple of hours with one of your newborn twins asleep on you). Seeing if I can arrange an audition...

 

:beerchug:

 

Congrats man.  Fun times ahead..

 

:beerchug:

post #2448 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

beerchug.gif

Congrats man.  Fun times ahead..

beerchug.gif

Thanks man smily_headphones1.gif
post #2449 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

Surprised today to find a seller here in Auckland for the Auralic Taurus MKII (amazing how much ground you can cover on the internet when you're stuck in one place for a couple of hours with one of your newborn twins asleep on you). Seeing if I can arrange an audition...
This would be a great pic. Congrats on your new additions.beerchug.gif
Edited by Happy Camper - 1/18/14 at 12:50pm
post #2450 of 3119

@NZtechfreak   Congrats!  They'll be grown before you know it!

post #2451 of 3119
Thanks guys beerchug.gif
post #2452 of 3119

FWIW, I concur with some of the other opinions on the pairing with the Auralic Taurus MKII, for me it can certainly can be added to the list of amps that can drive the HE-6.

 

Auditioned it for a couple hours today, and, well, the update to my signature probably says it all...

 

Not yet had a chance to connect it up at home, but the sound was amazing via the Auralic Vega. The imaging tidied up substantially compared to what I have been listening to at home, it sounded vastly better at lower volumes, and the level of refinement and micro details floored me listening to some tracks I had formerly considered I knew well. On brief comparison I preferred it in balanced mode, despite it serving a more power into 50ohm in SE mode.

 

Also had a listen to their LCD-3, which I've not had the pleasure to listen to before. Liked that much better than the LCD-2, which I owned for more than a year and which had very narrow genre bandwidth for me. Still didn't do metal quite right for these ears compared to the HE-6, distorted guitars just lacked that last bit of bite and presence, and drums and bass weren't as tight as I like and lacked that last bit of slam.


Edited by NZtechfreak - 1/22/14 at 3:01am
post #2453 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
 

FWIW, I concur with some of the other opinions on the pairing with the Auralic Taurus MKII, for me it can certainly can be added to the list of amps that can drive the HE-6.

 

Auditioned it for a couple hours today, and, well, the update to my signature probably says it all...

 

Not yet had a chance to connect it up at home, but the sound was amazing via the Auralic Vega. The imaging tidied up substantially compared to what I have been listening to at home, it sounded vastly better at lower volumes, and the level of refinement and lack of micro details floored me listening to some tracks I had formerly considered I knew well. On brief comparison I preferred it in balanced mode, despite it serving a more power into 50ohm in SE mode.

 

Also had a listen to their LCD-3, which I've not had the pleasure to listen to before. Liked that much better than the LCD-2, which I owned for more than a year and which had very narrow genre bandwidth for me. Still didn't do metal quite right for these ears compared to the HE-6, distorted guitars just lacked that last bit of bite and presence, and drums and bass weren't as tight as I like and lacked that last bit of slam.

 

Vega is meant to be a pretty awesome DAC too, not sure if I want to hear one or not given the price.

post #2454 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

Vega is meant to be a pretty awesome DAC too, not sure if I want to hear one or not given the price.

I suspect my wallet will soon wish I hadn't heard it too...
post #2455 of 3119

Recently found this power amplifier on a local webshop:

 

 

It has a total of 40 class A watts into 8 ohms. Could seem like a good match with HE-6, but unfortunately I don't have $1600 (or $1815 which is the price here) for a headphone amplifier. Maybe one of you guys would want to try it out ;)

Lindell also makes a matching DACX, suitable for a nice little desktop combo.


http://www.lindellaudio.se/index.php/ampx/

 

http://www.stereophile.com/content/lindell-ampx-power-amplifier

post #2456 of 3119

Those lovely meters!

 

Thankfully I'm not in Sweden, not sure if I can resist those meterssss

 

post #2457 of 3119

£1,198.80 in the UK :D 

post #2458 of 3119

I'll just pretend I never heard that :cool:

post #2459 of 3119
Those babies look really nice.
post #2460 of 3119

seeteeyou shared this link with me... http://centrance.com/blog/2011/11/04/dacmini-px-drives-he-6/

just wondering if anyone has tried this?

EF6 seems to be too big and I am looking for a smaller speaker amp now...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones