or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 135

post #2011 of 4872
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

 

 

 

 

Haha yes it is very nice indeed! Hey nk77, I'll be sure to send that right on over! :tongue:

 

Did you measure power output on the jacks btw?

post #2012 of 4872

brunk, what was the project's time estimate for the build?

post #2013 of 4872

And cost?

post #2014 of 4872
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post
 

 

Did you measure power output on the jacks btw?

No I haven't yet, but you can read about the F5 specs and stuff in the manual.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

brunk, what was the project's time estimate for the build?

It took me a while to get all the parts needed because there's a lot of stuff not listed in the Bill of Materials and such. I think it took about 3 weeks for parts to arrive and a guesstimate of around 24 hours build time because i did alot of reading and tweaking in between. I ordered a second F5 project and had all the parts within 2 weeks and would've probably built it in half the time, but I reached out to fellow Head-Fi'er Potterma and offered it as an unassembled kit. His kit should've arrived today or tomorrow for sure. So in total, I could probably turn one around in 3 weeks now.

post #2015 of 4872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post
 

And cost?

I've seen build costs as low as $500, but that involves making your own chassis from scratch which is no small endeavor and skating by on standard parts. I've also seen some build costs go high as $2.5k totally decked out. I think the average build cost for most is anywhere from $600-1,000.

post #2016 of 4872

Very decent turn-a-round (understatement). :normal_smile : And to think I was excited about dinner a hot minute ago! Shoot, the right price might see the accidental spill of my tea bowl. :biggrin: 

 

Of course, Private Messaging is open for the discreet.

 

 

Update:

 

I see you responded just before I 'neaked in there! So, how much should I hope to find left unattended:rolleyes: in my tea tins?


Edited by Silent One - 10/28/13 at 6:03pm
post #2017 of 4872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

Very decent turn-a-round (understatement). :normal_smile : And to think I was excited about dinner a hot minute ago! Shoot, the right price might see the accidental spill of my tea bowl. :biggrin: 

 

Of course, Private Messaging is open for the discreet.

 

 

Update:

 

I see you responded just before I 'neaked in there! So, how much should I hope to find left unattended:rolleyes: in my tea tins?

PM sent. I hope that tea isn't too hot! ;) 

post #2018 of 4872
May I ask what dac?? Please
post #2019 of 4872
Give those caps a few hundred hours of run time and it will be even more impressive. You've mentioned something I listen for and appreciate in a component. How well it brings all the signal out without having to turn it up. I hate to have to listen to things loudly to get all the sound.
post #2020 of 4872
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

May I ask what dac?? Please

Yulong DA8, pure DAC mode, USB, Filter Slow, RCA out, going into a DIY Lightspeed Pre, 7N UP-OCC Silver cables.

post #2021 of 4872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

Give those caps a few hundred hours of run time and it will be even more impressive. You've mentioned something I listen for and appreciate in a component. How well it brings all the signal out without having to turn it up. I hate to have to listen to things loudly to get all the sound.

Yes I am looking forward to seeing what the F5 has all to offer after a good break-in period. I totally agree, it's something that is rare in headphone amps for the HE-6.

post #2022 of 4872

Although, I do enjoy turning it up here and there, full presentation at lower volumes is a must and is what has me interested.

post #2023 of 4872
Thanks brunk
post #2024 of 4872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

Although, I do enjoy turning it up here and there, full presentation at lower volumes is a must and is what has me interested.

Yes, this is a wonderful thing indeed, especially in regards to the HE-6 that normally has to get pretty loud to get off its rear end :p

post #2025 of 4872
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Yes, this is a wonderful thing indeed, especially in regards to the HE-6 that normally has to get pretty loud to get off its rear end :p

Indeed!  Look forward to experiencing it, myself.  It will be an interesting comparison to the F1.

 

Thanks for sharing your impressions.  Feel free to share more!  Especially as the amp breaks in.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones